IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Good to see him use his assets today. Strength, pace, finishing.

It was good to see defenders bounce off him, for him to out strength and out pace them. And his finishing was sublime.

I've long time learnt to accept his downsides. Just got to enjoy his performance today. 1st class.

Passed Cahill and now is 1 goal away from passing big dunc on all time premier league goals. He would be our leading scorer overall in the premier league era. Class

Astonishing that, pundits creaming their pants earlier in the week over Crouch scoring 100, and he's 47! Rom's going to do it before he's 25; what an asset!

Watched MOTD and was still nervous when they pulled it back to 3-2 :lol:

You could see him letting so much frustration out in that first celebration, great to see him run to the fans and celebrate like he did. The second one was sheer arrogance too, very much a "yeah, what"

Haf Payet is 30 years old that's the issue. He's got 2 years left and after that it's a crapshoot, maybe less even. That why he didn't go to Barca and didn't go for big bucks. Rom is 23 and still has a decade a playing in front of him. That's why he will demand a massive fee if he goes.

Personally I'd like him to stay, koeman likes him and he will be hard to replace.

Haf Payet is 30 years old that's the issue. He's got 2 years left and after that it's a crapshoot, maybe less even. That why he didn't go to Barca and didn't go for big bucks. Rom is 23 and still has a decade a playing in front of him. That's why he will demand a massive fee if he goes.

Personally I'd like him to stay, koeman likes him and he will be hard to replace.

The point is - when a player makes his position untenable.... regardless of the years remaining or age - very few clubs if any have the ability to stash a £30m plus player away.

Are you telling me that if payet was put up for sale at £20m the likes of Chelsea etc wouldn't have come in? They would have paid double that.

Get him tied down on a longer more lucrative deal and sell our future plans to him, he needs to stay and we need to add some top quality in the summer

I do agree with Haf for the most part about his fundamentals and at times his effort but when he's on form he's unplayable and his finishing is world class

Hopefully we push on and can get a Europa spot to keep the likes of Lukaku on side and also attract some decent players

My biggest issue is often how good he can be "when he wants to be"... which is essentially "attitude".

Take 2 games - wednesday vs stoke and Saturday vs Bournemouth. 3 days, 1 player.... totally different level of effort. 1 against a tough ale house 11 away on a shite pitch. The other at home on a nice surface.

Quite simply he just sometimes really can't ve arsed..... that really bothers me. Especially when you see how effective he is when he fancies it.

Shame you didn't see him yesterday, because his link up play, work rate, hold up play.... everything was exceptional and I'll beat the drum again and point out it was because he had people close to him and then doesn't need to think. Our poor 25 mins in the second half was partly down to him having no one around him and he couldn't get the ball under control.

I'll agree that he doesn't necessarily do all this as much as he should, but it was clear that if he has people close to him, he can do it. Isolated, hes poor.

Shame you didn't see him yesterday, because his link up play, work rate, hold up play.... everything was exceptional and I'll beat the drum again and point out it was because he had people close to him and then doesn't need to think. Our poor 25 mins in the second half was partly down to him having no one around him and he couldn't get the ball under control.

I'll agree that he doesn't necessarily do all this as much as he should, but it was clear that if he has people close to him, he can do it. Isolated, hes poor.

Spot on. I was so pissed because everyone say back and he was all by himself getting hoofs kicked out to him. He's fighting 2-3 defenders to win a header and there's no one there. It was making me livid. Once we changed formation and got others to be near him he'd lay it off and bang there was a counter attack and shot on goal.