IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Pad we have some fickle fans. Just wait, someone will blow their lid we didn't make a statement signing and spend 100m on bale or something. It will come, just too early yet. People thought we could land James last year or the year before, remember that.

A statement signing for us is a couple of echelons below the likes of those you mentioned mate. Anyone who genuinely thinks we have a chance of that standard of player needs to get off Fifa or footy manager and have a serious word with themselves.

Bring on Troy Deeney for 35 mil I say- can't fucking wait

Heh, I just found out that Lukaku's girlfriend is the sister of a girl who had a crush on me in early high school :lol: Small world. I kinda had a bit of a crush on her too, but we were both too shy to tell each other :rofl:

Edited by Mirallas

Speaking to the press after the friendly match against Czech Republic (in which he played quite well; paired with Batshuayi), he revealed his manager is in advanced talks with "a Champions League club" that is "capable of winning the Premier League multiple times". He added "I don't want to stay at my current level".

Wouldn't say if it is ManU or Chelsea.

Speaking to the press after the friendly match against Czech Republic (in which he played quite well; paired with Batshuayi), he revealed his manager is in advanced talks with "a Champions League club" that is "capable of winning the Premier League multiple times". He added "I don't want to stay at my current level".

Good I'll be glad when the lads gone

Everywhere else is reporting he said he's in talks with "the club", which means he's in talks with Everton to sort out what's going to happen IMO. Not saying that means he's staying here, it more than likely means he's negotiating his exit.

Probably the fee on which Everton agree to sell.

Everywhere else is reporting he said he's in talks with "the club", which means he's in talks with Everton to sort out what's going to happen IMO. Not saying that means he's staying here, it more than likely means he's negotiating his exit.

Nope. "the club" refers to the possible new team.

Edited by holystove

Translation from a HLN interview:

Griezmann won't move to Man United due to Atletico's transfer ban. There's a lot of talk that you're their priority now. On the other hand, Diego Costa, won't go to Atletico either, which would complicate things at Chelsea. What's your view on that?

"I know what's happening. But I can't tell you anything more."

You know what's happening... So something's happening.
"I know what's happening. (laughs) I know what's happening. but I will leave the talks to my agent."

He likes to do business with Man United.
"I'm the player. I will take the decisions."
You've shown that before by not following his advice.
"The most important thing is: I want to win trophies. We are now talking to THE club. As for the rest... I'm looking ahead. What I would like most is to play in the Champions League and try to win the Premier League once. Or better: a few times. That would be the most beautiful thing. That's important for my progress as a player. I don't want to stay at the same level. I want to improve and I know where I want to do that."

Do you become the £100m man?
"We'll see what happens Today you have shown Chelsea that Michy Batshuayi and you can play together. (walks oft)

"I don't want to stay at my current level"

The level above is too much for you Rom... your current level isn't good enough for us a lot of the time.

Anyway... get your move and get used to the bench matey cock. A complete lack of competition is the only reason you never got taken off or benched at our club.

I watched most of the first-half. Thought Rom had a typical 'Rom taking it easy' game. He had two decent chances which he fluffed and his first touch was up to his usual standard. He played one through ball from just outside the penalty area and it was hit so hard that it went out for a goal kick before the player it was passed to even moved. I didn't see the second-half but wasn't Rom replaced by Benteke at half-time?

Sky Sports report that he has said he has agreed a deal with a new club, whom he won't name, but they may be misquoting what "agreement with the club" means.

Who knows? All I know is that I can't be arsed with the circus and it's pretty obvious his agent, and him, have been buttering up his preferred club and are now coming back to Everton to try and make sure we don't ask too much! Fuck that. They pay what we want.

I just cannot be arsed with this carry on. Move him on ASAP for the price that suits us and let's start building for next season.

Edited by Newty82

I suspect Everton have known this for ages and my hope is that Walshy has been working overtime on a replacement (not Jamie Vardy).

I have no ideas who - we are in that weird position of having money and Europe but perhaps not being attractive to the types of players we want

Is it me or is he being a total dick/wanker about this?

One of the "Big Clubs" can enjoy his poor first touch and his lazy work ethic. You can't put a price on that. My respect for this guy is dwindling.

It's not you, he is.

He doesn't want to play at this level?

What, the premier league?

I dont think dropping to the championship will do your career to good Rom... but each to their own.

Would rather sell him to a club in the top flight though and make some money, you know... the one we're already in.

He sees himself as being above Everton... he always has done.

He's very lucky to have played for us at a time where we had no rivals for his spot.

Yes he is a good finisher.... that is about it.

He sees himself above us? Cheeky sod. He can't trap a bag of cement, can't win headers, is lazy, poor passing.

Get rid asap. I can't wait to watch him struggle at a club who won't indulge him.

thanks joe. looks like he wants out, either we play hardball or we sell. i hope 70m.

I'd go ahead and replace him while playing hardball, saying he's under contract for two years, and holding out for more.

I know that we won't handle it like that. But, it's been clear that he thinks he can do better than Everton. I don't blame him. It isn't that I don't think the world of Everton. I just think, because Lukaku has been nailed on as the next big thing since he was a child, he's had it in his head that he's destined for greatness on the world stage. He doesn't work as hard as he should. He doesn't seem to worry about the rest of the team. I don't think he's one for long-term projects. He wants to win. He wants to score. And, he wants glory. I think the biggest problem with Lukaku is that he believes he deserves these things. And, so he goes about achieving them very cheaply.

I'd go ahead and replace him while playing hardball, saying he's under contract for two years, and holding out for more.

I know that we won't handle it like that. But, it's been clear that he thinks he can do better than Everton. I don't blame him. It isn't that I don't think the world of Everton. I just think, because Lukaku has been nailed on as the next big thing since he was a child, he's had it in his head that he's destined for greatness on the world stage. He doesn't work as hard as he should. He doesn't seem to worry about the rest of the team. I don't think he's one for long-term projects. He wants to win. He wants to score. And, he wants glory. I think the biggest problem with Lukaku is that he believes he deserves these things. And, so he goes about achieving them very cheaply.

yeah i think the 100m is just bargaining talk. just hoping we get more than 60m for him, we should hold someone to ransom if they really want him.