IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Your not making a very good show of someone who can’t be arsed about Lukaku you are posting about him constantly, god knows what it would be like if you were arsed. 

I think there are a few on here who are "arsed" about him like for some reason they feel like it's a positive thing for us if he goes on to do well in his career. 

I want him to fail. I hate his arrogance, his bullshit, he didn't want to "Get us" ... I've held more affection and appreciation for loan players like Landon Donovan who actually cared and tried and did succeed to a level. 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

For fucksake he hasn’t scored in 10 hours premier league football. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.

Enter Everton.

I'm more bothered about Martial/Mata. They are the players that need stopping.

Lukaku isn'tt likely going to create a goal on his own... he isn'tt gonna score a goal like martial did.   He may be there to but a finishing touch on something martial or Mata etc do from their own individuality. 

Yes there is a chance that a bit of goodison banter and shouts of "you fat bastard"  may spark him into a bit of life.

That said... on form alone he should be dropped. 

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

We sold him for what 70 or 90 mil?  I’ll take him at 40, do them a favor. 

In a heartbeat. Imagine actually having some creative support and opportunities to just tuck away. Even I’ve struggled with his attitude, and I’ve defended him in the past because he scores. Surprised he hasn’t done more at United, but that said they’ve not suited his style. Goal scorer is all he knows, the modern game isn’t his strength, so play to his strengths as I’ve said all along. Goals win games, he scores goals. Simple as that for me. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

In a heartbeat. Imagine actually having some creative support and opportunities to just tuck away. Even I’ve struggled with his attitude, and I’ve defended him in the past because he scores. Surprised he hasn’t done more at United, but that said they’ve not suited his style. Goal scorer is all he knows, the modern game isn’t his strength, so play to his strengths as I’ve said all along. Goals win games, he scores goals. Simple as that for me. 

10 hours of premier league football... no goals.  Fans and now players slating his lack of movement.

Said a long time ago.... He relies on defenders switching off or an attacking player committing his marker for him.  I've rarely if ever seen him move with intelligence.  Pundits specifically highlighting the shit I've driven myself nuts about explaining.... point at the floor and run... 

If a team is good enough to find him and serve his chance on a plate then yeah he will finish.   That's why he struggles against the top 6 sides.  

Just now, hafnia said:

10 hours of premier league football... no goals.  Fans and now players slating his lack of movement.

Said a long time ago.... He relies on defenders switching off or an attacking player committing his marker for him.  I've rarely if ever seen him move with intelligence.  Pundits specifically highlighting the shit I've driven myself nuts about explaining.... point at the floor and run... 

If a team is good enough to find him and serve his chance on a plate then yeah he will finish.   That's why he struggles against the top 6 sides.  

Leading goal scorer for the team. I’m out.  

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Leading goal scorer for the team. I’m out.  

Ah yeah just seen that.... 4 goals - level with richi and gylfi who arent even strikers - 1 more than martial who has played significantly less time and out on the wing....   I wouldn't say I'm out... could do this all day.

Those lukaku chickens have come home to roost and they are as fat as turkeys wearing XXXXL shorts. 

57 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Ah yeah just seen that.... 4 goals - level with richi and gylfi who arent even strikers

Only 4 strikers in the prem have scored more than him, with the top goal scoring striker only having 2 more than him. Why you comparing him to midfielders to take the piss when comparatively he's doing just fine in his own position or you gonna slate the rest of the league forwards? 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Only 4 strikers in the prem have scored more than him, with the top goal scoring striker only having 2 more than him. Why you comparing him to midfielders to take the piss when comparatively he's doing just fine in his own position or you gonna slate the rest of the league forwards? 

He's scored 4 goals Pete one less than fulhams mitrovic and Brightons murray .... aside from that he's done nothing other than look like the marshmallow man.... don't worry. That's not an argument style.... He actually looks like a marshmallow man. 

He was Bailey maybe Haf would like to show us his touch map 2nd half as he did his 1st half, you were spot on mate the whole team were poor 1st Half and 2nd they were excellent 

In the 2nd half Lukaku played well did everything you want from your striker bar the most important thing score, but played a pivotal role in the 1st goal. 

Edit Haf hasn’t posted his 2nd half touch map because it would destroy his original argument about his 1st half. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

He was Bailey maybe Haf would like to show us his touch map 2nd half as he did his 1st half, you were spot on mate the whole team were poor 1st Half and 2nd they were excellent 

In the 2nd half Lukaku played well did everything you want from your striker bar the most important thing score, but played a pivotal role in the 1st goal. 

Edit Haf hasn’t posted his 2nd half touch map because it would destroy his original argument about his 1st half. 

I'll look for it just for you palf. His heat map was trending on Twitter (Just a quick copy and paste)....  I assume his second half one was better. I think mourinho touched the ball more than him in the first half.

Another absolute stinker of a game tonight against Juventus, in fact he's currently on target to break their forum's record for lowest rating for a player in a game (he's at 2.3/10 right now). For those who didn't watch the game, comments on his performance start towards the bottom of this page (beginning with the short and sweet "Dogshit. Get rid in January").

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2018-19-performances.440063/page-60

All of which means he's inevitably going to break his goalless streak and stick a fucking hattrick past us this weekend. 

On 22/10/2018 at 20:53, Bailey said:

Despite being so crap in the first half he was still better than Morata. He is so soft and whilst he has a good first touch it doesnt matter because he doesnt have a second aa he is on his arse.

That's a bit like being stuck broken down on the hard shoulder in a clapped out car and telling the fella broken down in front that your car is better cos the radio works.....

13 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Another absolute stinker of a game tonight against Juventus, in fact he's currently on target to break their forum's record for lowest rating for a player in a game (he's at 2.3/10 right now). For those who didn't watch the game, comments on his performance start towards the bottom of this page (beginning with the short and sweet "Dogshit. Get rid in January").

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2018-19-performances.440063/page-60

All of which means he's inevitably going to break his goalless streak and stick a fucking hattrick past us this weekend. 

i love when they say he is everton level!  what a bunch of bull, we got 20+ goals a season out of him, the issue is their team and players and manager.  

They're all calling for him to be dropped but I really doubt Jose will drop him for the Everton match. He'll be hoping the occasion of playing his former club will spur him to get his act together. 

That said, his confidence is shot and tonight the Old Trafford fans were on his back constantly. They're fed up of him. So Keane and Zouma (or Mina) need to take advantage of that and make sure he's constantly under pressure, because his touch is poor. Try and get the United fans hostile towards him again. 

Don't get me wrong I bear the lad no personal ill will but I just don't want him breaking his duck against us. Teams and players have a habit of coming out of dry spells whenever Everton rock up.  

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i love when they say he is everton level!  what a bunch of bull, we got 20+ goals a season out of him, the issue is their team and players and manager.  

Did you watch the game or indeed the last few?

He was awful.  

All very well having the swagger and arrogance at little old Everton and get away with half arsed efforts whilst getting the goal averages up against shite teams.  He went on 5+ game runs without scoring for us a few times... 10 games once I think.  But the press left him alone cos we are shitty Everton and we should just be grateful to have him.

Half of you wouldn't be arsed even trying to excuse him if we hadn't done so much jousting over his abilities/liabilities. 

Busted flush now.... 

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Did you watch the game or indeed the last few?

He was awful.  

All very well having the swagger and arrogance at little old Everton and get away with half arsed efforts whilst getting the goal averages up against shite teams.  He went on 5+ game runs without scoring for us a few times... 10 games once I think.  But the press left him alone cos we are shitty Everton and we should just be grateful to have him.

Half of you wouldn't be arsed even trying to excuse him if we hadn't done so much jousting over his abilities/liabilities. 

Busted flush now.... 

i meant that they think we are some shit level, we are above them in the table Haf!!  plus they think he's shit, well he bagged over 20 a season for us!  so why is he so bad for them?  simple logic haf, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.  watch him get sold to watford or something and go back to 20+ goals the united fans will be fuming.  

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

i meant that they think we are some shit level, we are above them in the table Haf!!  plus they think he's shit, well he bagged over 20 a season for us!  so why is he so bad for them?  simple logic haf, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.  watch him get sold to watford or something and go back to 20+ goals the united fans will be fuming.  

He probably will end up going the chicarito route.  Put it this way.... Juventus won't be in a rush to sign him.  

Dybala compared to Lukaku tonight was like watching polar opposites... dybala with one touch passing, movement, sharpness. 

Saying United are the problem for lukaku is like saying Lewis Hamilton's car is the problem for a novice race driver.  The problem lies in the fact that he is not good enough. 

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Telegraph Sport today.  Marks out of 10 for Man U v Juventus.

Lukaku  3   Comment: Tag-teamed by Bonucci and Chiellini, this was a demoralising game for the Belgian, who, like his first touch looks too heavy.

He always gets an easy time off the media. 2/10 tops and he looks obese.... although I'm not sure you can have an obese touch so that doesn't work....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6311389/Former-Manchester-United-star-Lee-Sharpe-piles-pressure-fire-Romelu-Lukaku.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

Not sure whether lee sharpe seen Brett Angel play but I get the jist of it..... 

: 'I've never seen a centre forward with such a bad touch. If your centre forward can't hold the ball up, it makes it a very hard game.'