IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

4 hours ago, Vranny said:

I really don’t like this view. We’re not talking about top attacking players like Ronaldo and Messi, we’re talking about Martial ffs! If Lukaku isn’t talented enough to avoid criticism for being lazy, than neither is Martial.

I feel like this was also your excuse for Barkley avoiding criticism for his laziness under us (and the opposite applies for Walcott). Oh the kid is lazy and lacks a bit of end product/game smarts, but look at his first touch! I’d rather just look critically at all of these players relevent deficiencies, and not just ignore them when they’re a “pretty player”.  

I never seen Barkley as lazy and as I've said I dont see it with martial.  The facts may prove me wrong.  Barkley had lazy games - No doubt. But overall I seen a player desperate to do well for us. He cared for the shirt. 

Is it the fact that I think it's criminal for a player like lukaku to give the ball away so much and not try and recover it?  That does piss me off.

Either way the facts are this.  Of the two players we are comparing - one is playing superb football and leading the man United line and the other has had a mystery injury concocted in order to drop him.  Every time martial plays against us he shows things we have never seen from lukaku. True genuine class. 

18 hours ago, hafnia said:

I never seen Barkley as lazy and as I've said I dont see it with martial.  The facts may prove me wrong.  Barkley had lazy games - No doubt. But overall I seen a player desperate to do well for us. He cared for the shirt. 

Is it the fact that I think it's criminal for a player like lukaku to give the ball away so much and not try and recover it?  That does piss me off.

Either way the facts are this.  Of the two players we are comparing - one is playing superb football and leading the man United line and the other has had a mystery injury concocted in order to drop him.  Every time martial plays against us he shows things we have never seen from lukaku. True genuine class. 

You don’t have to convince me of Martial’s class. I was another that wanted him as a Lukaku replacement when he was out of favour last season. 

And I’ve always found Barkley to be particularly lazy for a midfielder. The difference between he and Siggy’s pressing and tracking back is night and day for me. 

6 hours ago, Vranny said:

You don’t have to convince me of Martial’s class. I was another that wanted him as a Lukaku replacement when he was out of favour last season. 

And I’ve always found Barkley to be particularly lazy for a midfielder. The difference between he and Siggy’s pressing and tracking back is night and day for me. 

I'd have siggy all day long ahead of Barkley but Barkley was a far better and important player than people gave him credit for. 

16 hours ago, hafnia said:

I'd have siggy all day long ahead of Barkley but Barkley was a far better and important player than people gave him credit for. 

Don’t disagree with that either. I still think he was a very lazy player for us though. If he wasn’t in form in attack, then he certainly wasn’t going to make up for it by helping out with defensive work, like Siggy is capable of. 

They both offer different strengths to their games, Barkley didn’t stand a chance to show in the Allardyce system he would thrive in the Silva team , but he chose to shit on us so fuck him and I hope he plays Sunday and has an absolute shit game and Gylfi gets the winner and motm. 

Now that would be poetic justice. 

Seen one of the best passing goals scored today.... man city's 3rd.  44 passes from when they won possession.

They won possession when a nice ball was played to lukaku on the half way line and an attack was on..... he miscontrolled it. 

I'm not blaming lukaku for that goal.... there will have been ample opportunities for other players to win it back.... ironically lukaku could have won it off stones if he was bothered to break into a jog. 

It just goes to show the cost of having him.   Looked completely disinterested and even heavier.  We are well rid chaps.

After watching us today we can not accommodate technically inept players.... Walcott is technically better than lukaku but looks a level below what is required.  Bernie will come good.... He's desperate to score and that's the problem but he has nice feet and a good brain. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Didn’t he win a penalty moments after coming on after United had failed to really challenge the defense?

Did you watcb the game?  He was absolute dogshit. Shocking. He just gives the ball away all the time. I'll try and find his stats now. 

Complete brain fart by the keeper, lukaku took a touch that looked like it was gonna go over the byline and going nowhere keeper just rushed at him.   I wouldn't say he won the penno.... gifted. 

He's shocking matt. If you are trying to justify his game by getting a penny then it's getting desperate.  He was awful. 

In near 45 minutes he completed 3 passes. More than I thought .... he just seemed to lose it again and again. Foden completed 7 passes having come on in 92nd minute..... 

That is why we could never have him in our team. 

No justification going on,it was a question.  But I did see him come on and win a penalty by being a pest to the defence which created their only shot on goal, which was a goal. If you want to be balanced in your criticism, surely you take that into consideration?

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

No justification going on,it was a question.  But I did see him come on and win a penalty by being a pest to the defence which created their only shot on goal, which was a goal. If you want to be balanced in your criticism, surely you take that into consideration?

I did take it into consideration..... a beautiful ball from martial.  He took the ball left and nowhere but the keeper just nailed him.  Keeper error but 30% of credit goes to lukaku if I have go be generous. 

I also took into consideration that Ashley Young lost his shit with him big time cos he was allowing stones to stroll out with the ball.  Think back to ashley williams vs man United.  Think back to Eden Hazard telling the press in the world cup that he was hiding and the team needed him. 

Just be content that his best season in football will have been in an Everton shirt.  The idiot didn't realise that not only wasn't he above our level.... he was never gonna be at the level to play in a team that we are evolving into.  That is a fact.

I've had 10 times more satisfaction watching a 21 year old converted brazilian winger play the lone striker role for plus than I did watching that fraud for us.   Richarlison yesterday was superb.... bullied 2 centre halves and played the most mature centre forward display I've seen since Duncan Ferguson destroyed man Uniteds defence on his own.  He never got his rewards but his work and hold up play was something else.  Strong, technically superb... a million miles better than lukaku.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Rashford, Martial and Lingard also did sweet FA in their much longer time on the pitch. I barely remember Mata or Sanchez touching the ball in any meaningful way when they came on the pitch either. 

Martial's strikes have been papering over an inept attack. Last season it was Rom doing the papering now its Martial. Lord knows how they beat Juve with the chances Juve had to win that game. 

If you took the form of all those players before they either came to Utd or how they have performed since Jose took over you would have one of the best squads in the league. Rom, Sanchez, Martial are all 20 goal a season players, Rashford can easily score 10, so can Pogba. Then you have Mata, Lingard and Fellaini who can all add to that. They bought one of Shaktars best players, they league winner in Matic, they signed two in form CBs from top teams and one of the best keepers in world football. Yet they go into games with a must not lose mentality and then only try and turn it on at the end. 

None of those players are playing to the best of their ability and that falls squarely on the manager. It wont change and so I hope Utd stick with him!

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Rashford, Martial and Lingard also did sweet FA in their much longer time on the pitch. I barely remember Mata or Sanchez touching the ball in any meaningful way when they came on the pitch either. 

Martial's strikes have been papering over an inept attack. Last season it was Rom doing the papering now its Martial. Lord knows how they beat Juve with the chances Juve had to win that game. 

If you took the form of all those players before they either came to Utd or how they have performed since Jose took over you would have one of the best squads in the league. Rom, Sanchez, Martial are all 20 goal a season players, Rashford can easily score 10, so can Pogba. Then you have Mata, Lingard and Fellaini who can all add to that. They bought one of Shaktars best players, they league winner in Matic, they signed two in form CBs from top teams and one of the best keepers in world football. Yet they go into games with a must not lose mentality and then only try and turn it on at the end. 

None of those players are playing to the best of their ability and that falls squarely on the manager. It wont change and so I hope Utd stick with him!

Rom has only broken the 20 prem goal barrier once in 7 years... His average is 16 a season. Huge fallacy calling him a 20 goal striker.... he is if you give him Europa group games against the likes of young boys etc to plump up the stats.  

Still failing massively against top 6 sides. 

Martial isn'tt papering over anything. The only thing getting papered over is you saying a few weeks back that he wasn't all that.  Since he came in and lukaku was dropped they have been far more resilient.  Their front 3 offers more work off the ball and are more efficient with it.  Lingaard martial and rashford at least tried to be disciplined against a world class side. Like Richarlison did for us against Chelsea. 

Any side worth their salt will come in for Martial.  Personally I think Real or PSG will.  Lukaku's value is dropping like a stone.  Did you not see ashley young ripping into him? Other United team mates looked at Rom with a "You lazy fucker".... smalling already went there a few weeks ago. 

Let's face it.  I called out that he would decline after a honeymoon period at United.... but even I didn't expect it to be like this.  He's like a kid who got given a cheat sheet to pass the 11+.... he should be at a comprehensive but now he's at a glamourous grammar school he's getting found out and embarrassed in class. 

Come on lads Haf hates him and wuldn,t accept hi if he was dressed as a French maid and he had no house cleaning done in his life.    winding up haf on this subject will not help in any way shape or form.  one thing though haf  did we have a guy back clause in the contract?  if not  give the lads a rest too eh?

2 hours ago, rubecula said:

Come on lads Haf hates him and wuldn,t accept hi if he was dressed as a French maid and he had no house cleaning done in his life.    winding up haf on this subject will not help in any way shape or form.  one thing though haf  did we have a guy back clause in the contract?  if not  give the lads a rest too eh?

I can't get wound up over it....  how can I? Been proven right.... just surprised how bloody right. Cos I'll be honest... I didn't expect him to be this shit. 

I thi k the next debate with him is - what's his next club? 

10 hours ago, hafnia said:

Rom has only broken the 20 prem goal barrier once in 7 years... His average is 16 a season. Huge fallacy calling him a 20 goal striker.... he is if you give him Europa group games against the likes of young boys etc to plump up the stats.  

Still failing massively against top 6 sides. 

Martial isn'ttt papering over anything. The only thing getting papered over is you saying a few weeks back that he wasn't all that.  Since he came in and lukaku was dropped they have been far more resilient.  Their front 3 offers more work off the ball and are more efficient with it.  Lingaard martial and rashford at least tried to be disciplined against a world class side. Like Richarlison did for us against Chelsea. 

Any side worth their salt will come in for Martial.  Personally I think Real or PSG will.  Lukaku's value is dropping like a stone.  Did you not see ashley young ripping into him? Other United team mates looked at Rom with a "You lazy fucker".... smalling already went there a few weeks ago. 

Let's face it.  I called out that he would decline after a honeymoon period at United.... but even I didn't expect it to be like this.  He's like a kid who got given a cheat sheet to pass the 11+.... he should be at a comprehensive but now he's at a glamourous grammar school he's getting found out and embarrassed in class. 

Huge fallacy yet you then go on to prove that its happened before and can why it can happen in the future?! 

If Martial isnt papering over the cracks then does that mean you think Utd are playing well and have deserved to win the majority of their recent games? Once again if Martial doesnt score he doesnt contribute. He even scored from the spot at the weekend but didnt contribute. He is doind a very good job of putting the ball in the back of the net but he isnt adding much else to the performance of the team which is xactly the same thing you have a pop at Rom for. It would be hilarious if it hadnt got so boring now.

They have been "resilient" either, have you even watched them? Bournemouth should have destroyed them first half, Juve should have put 4 or 5 past them and City barely came out of 2nd gear to knock 3 past them. 

Rom is still the same striker he was with us. Same plus points and same negatives. Well done for claiming the honeymoon period, whilst the rest of us still see the same player that played in blue doing the same things he always did but this time in red.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Huge fallacy yet you then go on to prove that its happened before and can why it can happen in the future?! 

If Martial isnt papering over the cracks then does that mean you think Utd are playing well and have deserved to win the majority of their recent games? Once again if Martial doesnt score he doesnt contribute. He even scored from the spot at the weekend but didnt contribute. He is doind a very good job of putting the ball in the back of the net but he isnt adding much else to the performance of the team which is xactly the same thing you have a pop at Rom for. It would be hilarious if it hadnt got so boring now.

They have been "resilient" either, have you even watched them? Bournemouth should have destroyed them first half, Juve should have put 4 or 5 past them and City barely came out of 2nd gear to knock 3 past them. 

Rom is still the same striker he was with us. Same plus points and same negatives. Well done for claiming the honeymoon period, whilst the rest of us still see the same player that played in blue doing the same things he always did but this time in red.

Didn't contribute? Be honest  Did you watch the game???  Martial was the only player linking up the lines. Played intelligently, but you said he was crap weeks ago so you need to be right despite him being one of the most productive players per minute in the league for goals and chance creation.... in fact he actually is the highest. 

20 goal strikers implies they regularly net 20 goals.... lukaku has done this once in 7 years. More accurate to call him a 16/17 goal striker.

Rom is the same player he was with us?  Yeah he is - just a fatter version who actually looks like his shield of arrogance has slipped into a case of self doubt and wondering what he can do to change it round. Cos without scoring goals he advertises his general incompetence. 

I guess it all comes down to the fact that people are horrified that such a poor player could cost man United £90m whereas we were never good enough to deserve him.

Me... I'm fuckin delighted he is gone. He's made his bed.... he can lie in it. 

On 13/11/2018 at 18:37, hafnia said:

Didn't contribute? Be honest  Did you watch the game???  Martial was the only player linking up the lines. Played intelligently, but you said he was crap weeks ago so you need to be right despite him being one of the most productive players per minute in the league for goals and chance creation.... in fact he actually is the highest. 

20 goal strikers implies they regularly net 20 goals.... lukaku has done this once in 7 years. More accurate to call him a 16/17 goal striker.

Rom is the same player he was with us?  Yeah he is - just a fatter version who actually looks like his shield of arrogance has slipped into a case of self doubt and wondering what he can do to change it round. Cos without scoring goals he advertises his general incompetence. 

I guess it all comes down to the fact that people are horrified that such a poor player could cost man United £90m whereas we were never good enough to deserve him.

Me... I'm fuckin delighted he is gone. He's made his bed.... he can lie in it. 

The bit in bold is one of the main arguments you used against Lukaku when he was here and now you want to use it to prove a point. You are so blinded by this Lukaku argument that you don't even realise it. I haven't said that Martial played badly, I just said that you don't notice him unless he scores. His runs are easy to pick up, this isn'tt someone constantly on the move like Hazard, feinting one way and then going another. He make less sprints than similar players of his ilk. I don't believe I have ever said he is a bad player. I have said he shares similar qualities to Lukaku when comparing them to similar players in their position. A brilliant finisher, who doesn't have the all round game to be an elite player. For what its worth, yes I did watch the game. If City didnt take their foot off the pedal, then they could have put another couple past them.

20 goals a season mean they are capable of scoring 20 goals a season. It shows how blind you are to Lukaku that you only picked him out of the list despite him doing once in the PL only and then doing it for 4 seasons in a row in all comps yet you ignore that I said it for Martial (who has never done it in all comps let alone the PL), nor Sanchez who has done it once in the PL and 3 times in all comps. Its even more hilarious that you quibble over 3 or 4 goals with Lukaku and don't mention anything I said about any of the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Lowest rated player yet again for them today (2.9/10 on their main fan site). Fans are furious and want him out in January. Can see him at somewhere like Palace or Watford in a couple of years if he doesn't get his act together. Apparently he hasn't scored at Old Trafford for 8 months. 

53 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Lowest rated player yet again for them today (2.9/10 on their main fan site). Fans are furious and want him out in January. Can see him at somewhere like Palace or Watford in a couple of years if he doesn't get his act together. Apparently he hasn't scored at Old Trafford for 8 months. 

Funny isn'tt it... spent half his time here whinging about needing to play at a club like United or Juventus.   He's been awful for them... simple as that. Had his honeymoon and now the wheels haven't just fallen off.... it looks like he's eaten them. 

Apparently palaces first attack was set up by lukaku miscontrolling a pass. 

He wouldn't get anywhere near Silvas Everton. All players need to be able to control a ball a find a team mate for starters.... so that's him knackered. 

£90m? Wouldn't be worth half that now. Any money we have should be prioritised in getting Gomes... get rid of schneiderlein for £15m and pay Barca £40m for Gomes.