IGNORED

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are sorting out an exclusive about our stunning last minute transfer coup

We have swooped for Jane Smith a 16 year old waiterss from McDonalds on County Road who is expected to go straight into the kiosk in the Park End. Apparently she even knows how to change a barrel

I'd probably actually celebrate that :P.

Looks like I didn't miss much. Seems like a great move for TT and the Duffy's though! Shane might even get a bit of PL action.

I wonder if we've anything organised anything or if we're saving Yobo's wages for next summer? (~36 weeks x £40,000 + bonuses is around £1.5m)

Looks like I didn't miss much. Seems like a great move for TT and the Duffy's though! Shane might even get a bit of PL action.

I wonder if we've anything organised anything or if we're saving Yobo's wages for next summer? (~36 weeks x £40,000 + bonuses is around £1.5m)

assuming that Fenebache is going to cover the total wages, not always the case. Any idea if there is a loan fee agreed anyone?

Guest blueboy122

It really does pain me to see smaller clubs being able to complete transfers and loan deals, just generally improving there squad whilst we just stop. I hate it.

Edited by blueboy122

Fucking joke :angry: weve had our worse season for three years last year and what do we do to improve things? Fuck all! this is the second summer we have spent fuck all and the board gets away with it. We need a right winger and fucking goalscorer but we dont bother and we watch stoke and sunderland spunk millions up the wall. FUCKIN FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking joke :angry: weve had our worse season for three years last year and what do we do to improve things? Fuck all! this is the second summer we have spent fuck all and the board gets away with it. We need a right winger and fucking goalscorer but we dont bother and we watch stoke and sunderland spunk millions up the wall. FUCKIN FED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the same mate it does get on my tit's that other clubs pay large sum's of money for players but then you get players like Hleb being touted at £4m and other's on the cheap I mean come on for a club that with a decent not extortionate amount of money spent wisely could have a very good shot at knocking the sock's off City Spurs and co it really does take the piss!

As it stands we have a great squad lacking in area's but still enough quality to do well but we need to pull our fingers out of our arses sharpish and Moyes needs to give his head a wobble.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Fuckin done with us at the minute. Sunday killed me off. We play some fucking lovely stuff but were trying to walk the fucker in the net! i suppose i should have a word with myself and be happy with the footie we are playing after watching so many years of shite but its getting on my tits now. We are not far off a VERY VERY good team but we dont play our best team. When Dystin plays with Jags our distribution is wank from the back. So arteta goes too deep to collect the ball which in turn doesnt allow him to be up attacking where he should be! Get Johnny in and shamus. Granted he may need help defensively but let teams worry about us for fucks sake!!

I think people need to calm the fuck down and stop pressing the panic button. We have spent money this window. The money has gone on alterting our wage bill to tie in Arteta, Cahill, Baines and Rodwell into larger and long-term deals. That costs money as well. It'll take the team time to gel, and we've not been far off from getting more points this season. One mistake cost us against Blackburn. One mistake cost us against Wolves. One mistake cost us against Villa. Every team we've played has put at tleast ten men behind the ball. All each team does is try and stop us from playing.

We still have the best squad we've had in years. If Yak can ever regain form then we have one of the most natural goalscorers in the league. Don't forget how good he can be. We have Vic to come back as well and his improvement should not be forgotten. Also the importance of Neville to the team is often forgotten and the lack of leadership on the pitch has been noticable over the last two games.

Arteta and Felli will make the heart of our team but it's improtant to note that before this season i think they'd only ever started about 7 games together because of injuries to both of them over the last two years. They're partnership will take time. Calm down. These things take time.

Also if i hear one more person who says "Another deadline day where we signed nobody" i'll hit them. Yes we signed nobody this deadline day, but last year we got Johnny H and the summer before Felli. They cost a combinded fee of £22m. Lets not pretend we never sign on deadline day.

Everyone needs to take stock of the strong squad we have. Our squad isn't a joke and it's not the end of the world. Keep the faith.

Jamie - Yes we signed Johnny and Fellaini but Johnny was only signed because we'd sold first, and we're paying for Fellaini on the drip remember.

The team needs time to gel? It's the same team to last season pretty much.

The rest I agree with.

The problem area has been scoring goals. The one area we have a change in the starting line-up is Beckford. This is why I said we need time to gel. There is a clear pressure over the team with goals at the moment, which is why we are trying to pass it into the net rather than taking chances earlier on when they present themselves. Once the team gets it confidence in front of goal again we'll start climbing up the table again.

As for paying Felli on the drip, this is pretty much how all transfers are done now. Barely any transfer will be a large up front payment.

the main thing that has annoyed me is that we have let an established player go on loan..i never expected us to sign if we didn't sell but to loan a first team player out when we are skint just doesn't make sense to me...i've slept and calmed a bit and it still doesn't make sense..it's freed up some of the wage budget ok but we haven't used that when we could have got 1 loan in surely using the extra wage

the main thing that has annoyed me is that we have let an established player go on loan..i never expected us to sign if we didn't sell but to loan a first team player out when we are skint just doesn't make sense to me...i've slept and calmed a bit and it still doesn't make sense..it's freed up some of the wage budget ok but we haven't used that when we could have got 1 loan in surely using the extra wage

The truth behind this all is coming out now though and it sounds as if Yobo has not been as proffesional as would appear. He's refused to play this season, hence his consistant non-inlcusion, he also refused to play some games last year. He has burned all bridges with Moyes. He wouldn't be good to have in the dressing room anymore so farming him out makes sense. Also with loaning him out we'll be able to get a good possible future fee for him as long as he impressed for Fener.

and if he doesn't impress and kicks up a fuss he will be a year older and not as valuable..if that's true about the unprofessionalism then that's very disappointing from a former vice-captain who has been here for 7 years..i understand they had to get rid but surely if he was bein unprofessional there was a better way than just accepting a rushed loan on the last day?

and if he doesn't impress and kicks up a fuss he will be a year older and not as valuable..if that's true about the unprofessionalism then that's very disappointing from a former vice-captain who has been here for 7 years..i understand they had to get rid but surely if he was bein unprofessional there was a better way than just accepting a rushed loan on the last day?

What would you suggest? Nobody came in form him earlier and trying to push him onto other clubs would just lower his price. A loan with a future fee agreed is pretty much the only option. It's not Everton's fault that nobody came in for him any sooner.

Franny Jeffers is a "free agent." :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/08/the_hopes_and_fears_of_footbal.html#248321

How can a lad who looked so good when he started out that Wenger paid £8m for him and he got picked for England piss it all away so completely?

He's only twenty-nine ffs, what a dick.

I blame the ears lol