IGNORED

Landon Donovan

And yet, Mirallas' best play for us has come when he's played on the left.

Indeed.

I think we can afford to split the Baines / Pienaar thing, and either play Pienaar centrally in a creative roll, or on the right. We can't have our players all out of position just to suit that partnership. We are too predictable otherwise. Coleman could be the important player in months to come.

And yet, Mirallas' best play for us has come when he's played on the left.

I think him and Coleman were also very good together against Fulham, two best players on the pitch if I recall correctly. Unless we actually get someone in who's best position is right wing, I'd keep Mirallas there. Anichebe and Jelavic up front, Fellaini and Osman (or Gibbo if he's fit) in the middle.

I think him and Coleman were also very good together against Fulham, two best players on the pitch if I recall correctly. Unless we actually get someone in who's best position is right wing, I'd keep Mirallas there. Anichebe and Jelavic up front, Fellaini and Osman (or Gibbo if he's fit) in the middle.

Yeah, i would deffo go with that Steve.

Coleman and Mirallas can become a good partnership in time, they both have plenty of years left in them, they should work on it.

I dont get why anyone would want to split up Baines and Pienaar. Together they are our most creative force.

Our last 2 games finished 0-0 and Jelavic has had next to nothing service wise this season. They've been found out, Moyes needs to change it up and make the team less predictable. Pienaar on the right gives the team more balance. A boxer with one move doesn't stay a champ for long.

Pienaar and Baines was a makeshift combination that worked well.

It's not just about those two, as they play triangles with another player. There is nothing to suggest Mirallas couldn't do the same, or anybody else. What we do know, is that if Pienaars natural game is right sided, and Mirallas' natural game is left sided, and Fellaini's natural game is defensive midfield, and so on, then everybody is playing out of position to cater for one aspect.

I expect the sensible thing to do would be to experiment, knowing we can always revert if necessary.

If it was proved that Oviedo for example, can play left back, and also attack down the line, then it gives us the option of selling Baines and adding 2 or 3 much needed players. "Shock horror " some will say at the thought of selling Baines, but it 'is' a plausible option.

But a boxer won't change the good parts to his fight. We have a good left, the idea should be to add to the right and the middle. Not change the left for change sake.

We'd have a better left with Miralles there and a better right with Pienaar there on his natural foot were he might have more sucess rather than having to cut inside and put an inward curled cross that tends to go high and wide.

• 4 weeks later...

31 years old next Month, similar to Tim Cahill, was a good squad player but new his days were numbered.

Jarvis would be a good squad player, versatile.

I'd love Jarvis. 26 and is too good for West Ham in my opinion, when they crash and burn (like they always do) and head to the Championship I'd love to take him off their hands. He could even be a replacement for Steven Pienaar when he starts being gash, as at the moment he's 30 and is showing signs of getting to that stage.

I don't see him playing for Galaxy beyond this year. Doesn't like it there anymore, he will either retire or leave at the end of the season. His contract is up, so I, along with I assume almost everyone else here would take him on a Bosman. Who knows, maybe even a tiny fee during the summer? (Less than one million?). Personally I don't see the point in him playing beyond this year if it's still in LA, he's clearly bored. He'd do well to either retire or go elsewhere.

I haven't seen him since he left Everton the last time so I can't really kick up a fuss but is he still good enough for us? I'd like to have him back in a heartbeat but my mind tells me that he might be past it as Bill says. I think he will retire to be honest, if he does he will go down as an LA legend whilst if he leaves for NY or a European team he might be 'just another good player they had'.

I dunno, it's a bit of a mystery because it's hard to know where his head and heart are at the moment.

I haven't seen him since he left Everton the last time so I can't really kick up a fuss but is he still good enough for us? I'd like to have him back in a heartbeat but my mind tells me that he might be past it as Bill says. I think he will retire to be honest, if he does he will go down as an LA legend whilst if he leaves for NY or a European team he might be 'just another good player they had'.

I dunno, it's a bit of a mystery because it's hard to know where his head and heart are at the moment.

Over Mirallas? No probably not. Over Naismith on the right? Um... Is that even a question. He can play on the right, left, up top, and behind the striker. So I think he'd be an excellent squad player on a free.

I'm no fan of LA Galaxy as I simply can't abide Beckham, even though he's departed. Donovan did well for his times here, and it's all GOT talks about sometimes, and he's a useful addition to any club side, but do we really need him back, and as stated, age is working against him now.

What better player will you find on a Bosman? Our squad lacks depth, he is a MUCH better option than Naismith on the right which you rats complain about. On a free, this is a no brainer. Someone's age/sell on value doesn't really matter when they join for free. It's as simple as that.

What better player will you find on a Bosman? Our squad lacks depth, he is a MUCH better option than Naismith on the right which you rats complain about. On a free, this is a no brainer. Someone's age/sell on value doesn't really matter when they join for free. It's as simple as that.

Which is what annoys me when people bash Naismith - we got him for free ffs.

Which is what annoys me when people bash Naismith - we got him for free ffs.

except for the signing on fee and wages. Then theres the taking away a starting position from a youth player...

Both players are past their prime. Lando did a job 1st time round, didnt do much 2nd time round and wont offer anything more (except experience, of which we have plenty in the squad) if he does come except another pointless big dent in the wage budget.

Edited by Matt

It's funny that the same people who bitch about not having a big enough squad and being sick and tired of playing Osman, Pienaar, even after bad performances, yet they won't take a solid squad player on a free. But hey, the only Everton player who is really matters is Ross Barkley, right?

Donovan would have to really fuck things up to not be considered a legend in LA. The fans would understand 100% if he left to finish his career in Europe. He's already brought them multiple championships.

He's not the player he was 2-3 years ago but he'd still be valuable, talent wise, to Everton. The question for me, as I've stated before on here, is his commitment and motivation. He doesn't even want to play in World Cup Qualifiers right now and is joining the Galaxy late not due particular injuries of note. There's got to be some concern for us as to how much he is committed to the game.