IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Just a gift I think, some of us just seem to be able to empathise on a deep level. Not something I like to brag about B).

You're wasted on here, we should do a show for Sky called MikeO talks to the other side. You could walk around grbbing Kopites by the head curing them of the evil Raheem Sterling and such things :)

You're wasted on here, we should do a show for Sky called MikeO talks to the other side. You could walk around grbbing Kopites by the head curing them of the evil Raheem Sterling and such things :)

I'm liking that, let's work up a pitch for the men in suits. I'll bring the flipcharts and a marker pen!

I'll bring the white boards and prawn sarnies.

It's a goer. We'll be football chat's Jeremy Kyle (if I can find my smarmy, superior bastard setting).

I'm just wondering who we could put up as TT's answer to "Loose Women" but I'd best not go there :lol:.

Majorly minority sport this (though those that take part are incredible endurance athletes) but I've been avidly following the Volvo round the world yacht race for months. Coming towards the end of the eighth leg (of nine) which will finish in France in about five hours the one all women team (SCA/British skipper) are about thirteen miles clear at the front; in seven legs so far they've only not come last in one (they came second to last) Really hope they hold on!

Overall it's looking pretty clear that the winner will be Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing, which is all good because the skipper is Ian Walker, two time British Olympic gold medalist.

Realise this will interest few but I've always followed these round the world things, must be an incredible event to be part of. Quite a few years ago when there was an amateur version with a pro skipper where people could pay to be involved someone walked off the back of their boat shortly before the end, because it was so intense they could see no life beyond it.

It's a goer. We'll be football chat's Jeremy Kyle (if I can find my smarmy, superior bastard setting).

I'm just wondering who we could put up as TT's answer to "Loose Women" but I'd best not go there :lol:.

Fuck me there's a few on here who wont listen to anything and are never wrong.

That's a woman, right?

Me also, I still can't watch that gold medal run without getting a tear in my eye. Stunning.

(Did I ever mention my great grandfather got an OBE? Probably about ten times :lol:)

Usually I'm pretty non-plussed about sports people getting these sort of awards, but what she achieved was astounding.

Nah, I don't think you've ever mentioned it!

Me also, I still can't watch that gold medal run without getting a tear in my eye. Stunning.

(Did I ever mention my great grandfather got an OBE? Probably about ten times :lol:)

In those days they didn't dole them out like sweets either.