IGNORED

Demba Ba

Why could we have had him for nothing? Did we have an agreement in place with him over a contract and pull out?

He had a clause in his contract that if Wham were relegated he could be released (which was a stupid move considering they paid 5m for him)

if we got him moysey would be playing him in centre mid, doubt this will happen he seems happy enough where he is at the minute.

http://www1.skysport...ld-appeal-to-Ba

Hmmmm, mega rich squad appeals to him? Mercenary!

He had a clause in his contract that if Wham were relegated he could be released (which was a stupid move considering they paid 5m for him)

Hmmmm, mega rich squad appeals to him? Mercenary!

So 'every' team could have had him for nothing then? I was under the impression we turned him down the way our fans were discussing him.

He's done well so far, but players have good spells. It's the bad spells players get judged on the most.

So 'every' team could have had him for nothing then? I was under the impression we turned him down the way our fans were discussing him.

He's done well so far, but players have good spells. It's the bad spells players get judged on the most.

Yup, anyone couldve, Newcastle coughed up the cash so he went there.

There's not a chance will get him. He'd go to Spurs or someone like that.

As much as I'd like ot have him here, I'd be dubious if he did want to leave Newcastle. He's in a good team, banging in the goals, probably paid a shit load and loved by their fans. I'm not sure it would get any better for him elsewhere.

moyes didnt fancy him on a free,he was worried about his knee, he would have come here,

but hey we got james mcfadden instead,one big mistake by moyes.

hey, Faddy is a god....according to scots....who were intoxicated....who watched a game vs France....who forgot everything else in his career....bar maybe that goal vs Charlton, that was good....not godlike material

so did Stoke and im sure a few other teams.

Exactly, Redknapp also admitted on SSN.

Certainly cant point the finger at Moyes on this imo. Ba certainly looked decent at West Ham but he had a lot of potential negatives, that a club like us cant afford to gamble with unfortunately

• 1 year later...

WHat's the report that makes people doubt whether it's Lukaku or Ba? "EFC negotiating with Chelsea over striker"? Then it might as well be bloody Piazon :D

How about we just agree terms for a striker (either Ba or Lukaku), and one of them just show up at the training ground.

Everton sign surprise Chelsea striker on loan."