IGNORED

Moyes: We May Lose Fellaini

Louis

You think Fellaini is worth as much as Modric :lol:

we get it, you don't rate him. what's the point of repeating it every five seconds?

---

I'd be disappointed if he went to Madrid for that price. It's not a good move for him because he's not at that level yet, and it's not a good move for Everton because he'll be worth a lot more if we can hold on to him for a couple more seasons. He's already improved so much since coming over from Standard.

Felli sucks, sell now!

There, I took care of it for you.

we get it, you don't rate him. what's the point of repeating it every five seconds?

Um, i didn't repeat anything. I was laughing that someone thought Fellaini was worth as much as Modric. I'm outstandingly sure i've never made this comment before, which means i haven't repeated myself once.

It seems people on this forum like to accuse me of doing things and saying things i haven't done. :o Fascinating stuff ;)

With the way English football is with the big clubs having so much money you can’t keep anyone good anymore. It’s what’s happening to the NFL here that why we have a lockout. I proposed a Scott parker signing because after two or three years he will just retire. Fellaini, Rodwell, and Baines are all going to leave eventually. I just don’t mind being realistic. Better to sell and use the money on an older replacement than let him leave latter with no answer for it. I am not an Everton expert kind of new at this but obviously we have a money problem and it’s going to be hard to be top 4 without new ownership. I just figured we had a better chance keeping an old player.

Also this is why I picked Everton because everything they do is through hard work. But with all the money out there it’s hard to be top 4. When you sign potential all the rich clubs sit back, foaming at the mouth waiting for them to bloom. It happens to my Panthers and Hurricanes all the time.

Edited by USAJUSTIN

With the way English football is with the big clubs having so much money you can’t keep anyone good anymore. It’s what’s happening to the NFL here that why we have a lockout. I proposed a Scott parker signing because after two or three years he will just retire. Fellaini, Rodwell, and Baines are all going to leave eventually. I just don’t mind being realistic. Better to sell and use the money on an older replacement than let him leave latter with no answer for it. I am not an Everton expert kind of new at this but obviously we have a money problem and it’s going to be hard to be top 4 without new ownership. I just figured we had a better chance keeping an old player.

Also this is why I picked Everton because everything they do is through hard work. But with all the money out there it’s hard to be top 4. When you sign potential all the rich clubs sit back, foaming at the mouth waiting for them to bloom. It happens to my Panthers and Hurricanes all the time.

The problem is Justin, the only assets we now have are the young valuable players you mention. We need to keep them and shave off the players nudging 30+ who have a saleable value. We do not have the money to run them into the ground. Sooner or later, the way we are going with this board is a team full of young untried, and free transfers. The players are being sold and the cash is vanishing into the debt blackhole we have created. The team we will end up with will more than likely see us back near bottom 3. Moyes can't work his miracles much longer, once it was just him shopping at lower bargain levels. Now the competition is severe.

Just ignore, he's a clown. He's had my last reply.

Doesn't surprise me you have had to resort to name calling. :rolleyes: It also doesn't surprise me i have apparently had you're last reply, i mean i take apart and challenge everything you consider to be true and you have no answers to it.

So feel free to not reply to me, just watch the name calling in the future, that's beyond infantile.

That's interesting, i thought the NFL draft system seemed to be one of the most intelligent ways of deciding where the cream of the young players end up? Am i right in thinking that no team has ever won the 'Superbowl' more than two times in a row? It seems to me it's as much of a level playing field as you can get.

As far as i am concerned when it comes to sport you look at the Nations that are consistently the best. In Rugby League it's the Aussies and the Kiwis. Their domestic leagues have pretty much no players from outside of Australia or New Zealand. In both these countries pretty much every player who takes to the field can represent the Nation that club players under. Same in the academies, full of home grown talent. It's exactly the same in Rugby Union. New Zealand dominate with Australia and South Africa not far behind. All their leagues are packed full of home grown talent that can represent their country. The English governing body for Rugby Union are by far the richest Union in the world, but we cannot compete on an international level with the South Hemisphere Countries. Football, Brazil and Argentina. The former being usually the words best team, the latter producing players we could only dream about in this country. Again, all their domestic leagues are jam packed full of home grown talent. Sure, the best players head off for Europe, but they are not replaced by over seas players, they are replaced by home grown youngsters. It's a conveyor belt of talent.

What this all translates to is that all of these countries are producing international teams and club sides, that are the best in the world. Ok, football is the exception, but only because the best talent is bought from the home clubs.

What we need is a world wide salary cap for players. UK salary cap won't work as has been proved in Rugby Union. The biggest clubs in England, like Leicester, have been weakened because of the salary cap and therefore cannot compete with the big French or Irish clubs. So we need a global salary cap. We need a set of rules that say, you can have two players who can earn what you deem, but the rest of the squad must come in under y for the year.

More emphasis needs to be put on producing quality players than buying over seas players, especially the journey men. I'd personally have a maximum of 5 over seas players in a match day squad. The rest must be British with at least 5 players included who came through the clubs academy.

I haven't thought about all of this in great detail and looked at the legals etc, but we need something. A very small minority are flourishing in current conditions and a very large majority are on the end of going bust or become pretty anonymous. The world of football seems to think football is about Messi, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Ronaldo, Chelsea etc. It;s not, it's about every single supporter who pays to watch the game, doesn't matter if its Barca or Bury. As far as i am concerned the game is in a dire position and unless something radical and effective comes in, sooner or later all we will be left with is one European Super League, A European Super Cup and the World Cup. That will be it.

Here endeth the lesson, vote Pax for pope :D

That's interesting, i thought the NFL draft system seemed to be one of the most intelligent ways of deciding where the cream of the young players end up? Am i right in thinking that no team has ever won the 'Superbowl' more than two times in a row? It seems to me it's as much of a level playing field as you can get.

As far as i am concerned when it comes to sport you look at the Nations that are consistently the best. In Rugby League it's the Aussies and the Kiwis. Their domestic leagues have pretty much no players from outside of Australia or New Zealand. In both these countries pretty much every player who takes to the field can represent the Nation that club players under. Same in the academies, full of home grown talent. It's exactly the same in Rugby Union. New Zealand dominate with Australia and South Africa not far behind. All their leagues are packed full of home grown talent that can represent their country. The English governing body for Rugby Union are by far the richest Union in the world, but we cannot compete on an international level with the South Hemisphere Countries. Football, Brazil and Argentina. The former being usually the words best team, the latter producing players we could only dream about in this country. Again, all their domestic leagues are jam packed full of home grown talent. Sure, the best players head off for Europe, but they are not replaced by over seas players, they are replaced by home grown youngsters. It's a conveyor belt of talent.

What this all translates to is that all of these countries are producing international teams and club sides, that are the best in the world. Ok, football is the exception, but only because the best talent is bought from the home clubs.

What we need is a world wide salary cap for players. UK salary cap won't work as has been proved in Rugby Union. The biggest clubs in England, like Leicester, have been weakened because of the salary cap and therefore cannot compete with the big French or Irish clubs. So we need a global salary cap. We need a set of rules that say, you can have two players who can earn what you deem, but the rest of the squad must come in under y for the year.

More emphasis needs to be put on producing quality players than buying over seas players, especially the journey men. I'd personally have a maximum of 5 over seas players in a match day squad. The rest must be British with at least 5 players included who came through the clubs academy.

I haven't thought about all of this in great detail and looked at the legals etc, but we need something. A very small minority are flourishing in current conditions and a very large majority are on the end of going bust or become pretty anonymous. The world of football seems to think football is about Messi, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Ronaldo, Chelsea etc. It;s not, it's about every single supporter who pays to watch the game, doesn't matter if its Barca or Bury. As far as i am concerned the game is in a dire position and unless something radical and effective comes in, sooner or later all we will be left with is one European Super League, A European Super Cup and the World Cup. That will be it.

Here endeth the lesson, vote Pax for pope :D

It's true that a team hasn't won the Super Bowl back to back in a while. But in the 80s and 90s it was a different story only the rich teams won. It's been even mainly due to the salary cap but that changed last season. A few rich teams like the Cowboys and Redskins held the league hostage and got their way. Now all the owners are trying to figure out how to separate the revenue. I think that players need to live up to their contract like they do here. If you and your agent sign a bad three year deals with a team so what. You have to live with it it's your fault anyway. When the contract is over then and only then can you leave for more money.

It's true that a team hasn't won the Super Bowl back to back in a while. But in the 80s and 90s it was a different story only the rich teams won. It's been even mainly due to the salary cap but that changed last season. A few rich teams like the Cowboys and Redskins held the league hostage and got their way. Now all the owners are trying to figure out how to separate the revenue. I think that players need to live up to their contract like they do here. If you and your agent sign a bad three year deals with a team so what. You have to live with it it's your fault anyway. When the contract is over then and only then can you leave for more money.

Like the NHL cap. NHL Salary cap overview (Which imo could work)

The Salary Range:

•Each season, the NHL establishes a salary cap and a salary floor, with the floor set about $16 million below the cap.

•A club's total player salaries for the season cannot exceed the maximum or drop below the minimum.

The Players' Share:

•The salary cap is set by assigning a percentage of all "hockey-related" revenues to player salaries.

•In 2005, the first year of the salary cap, the players were guaranteed 54 percent of projected NHL revenues of just under $1.8 billion.

•As revenues increase, so does the players' share. Estimates for the 2010-11 season had players getting about 57 percent of total revenues.

Defining a Player's "Cap Hit":

•The "cap hit" is how much an individual player counts against his team's salary cap in one season.

•On a multi-year deal, the cap hit is based on average annual value of the contract, not the actual salary paid each season.

•For example, a player signs a three-year contract with the following annual salaries:

- Year One: $7 million

- Year Two: $5 million

- Year Three: $3 million

His salary cap hit is $5 million per year for three years ($15 million divided by three).

Counting the Cap:

•Team salary expenditures are calculated on a daily basis from the first day to the final day of the NHL regular season.

•A team is in compliance if it has not already exceeded the cap for the season, and if it could carry its current roster without exceeding the cap at the end of the season.

•Counted against the cap: All players on the active roster, injured reserve or the long-term injured list. Players who have left the team on a contract buyout, according to a formula that charges a percentage of the buyout against the cap.

•Not counted against the cap?: Players assigned to the minors or returned to junior hockey after signing an NHL contract.

Maximum Salaries:

•A player's annual salary cannot exceed 20 percent of the salary cap, based on the cap as it stands in the year the contract is signed.

•Terms and salaries remain in place for the life of the contract. The salary does not decrease if the cap drops, nor can a contract trigger a salary increase if the cap goes up.

Entry-Level Salaries:

•Players between the ages of 18 and 21 must sign "entry-level" contracts for their first three NHL seasons. Those aged 22-23 are entry-level players for two years, those aged 24 for a single year.

•Starting in 2005, the maximum entry-level salary was $850,000 per year. The limit rises throughout the CBA, to $925,000 in 2011.

•Signing bonuses are capped at 10 percent of the player's salary.

The "35-and-Older" Clause:

•When a player aged 35 or older signs a multi-year contract, his average salary is counted against the team's salary cap during every year of the contract, even if the player retires before the contract is up.

•If the player is sent to the minor leagues, his cap hit is reduced by $100,000.

Some elements could work in football, but as some have mentioned it would have to be a worldwide change.

Like the NHL cap. NHL Salary cap overview (Which imo could work)

Some elements could work in football, but as some have mentioned it would have to be a worldwide change.

You know I love the NHL salary cap because my Hurricanes won the cup the next year. Under the old rules they never had a chance. If football tries this it’s going to get nasty like the NHL, NBA, and NFL. There will be a missed season. Can fans in Europe deal with that? The NHL missed a season and that’s what had to happen. A year off was good for the league. They implemented the salary cap and pushed some great rule changes through. It may be time for football to do the same. You can’t just keep kicking the can down the road when the road has pot holes, and it’s running out.

Edited by USAJUSTIN

It couldnt happen in England, the fa would even make kids football stop as they like to push rule change through every level.

But football wouldn't handle it, even the lost money and contracts that are in place would completely rule it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Settle down.

It doesn't say he's out til October, just that he doesn't think he'll be back to his best til then.

You're going to give yourself a heart attack.

i know, i know but it does'nt rain with us, its just pouring down at the moment, he's one of the most important players, and weve got to wait 2 months for him to come back to his best, something is fundamentaly wrong there :(

WTF!!!!! so Arteta first now Fellani??

JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON DOWN THERE?

That article appeared in Belgian media about a month ago. The original article is about how he's recovering so well and will surely be once again at his very best in october. In a "It's gonna be a great season for Felli and for Everton" kind of way.

What skysports did is put a totally different spin on it.