IGNORED

Distin

Guest rusty747

I am inclined to agree. A lot will depend on how quickly Garbutt, Browning, Galloway, Ledson etc can come in and do a job. It's going to be an interesting summer on e transfer front, that's for sure.

I hope we say goodbye to Distin properly though. He has been a trememdous servant.

• 2 months later...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Sylvain-distin-mise-a-l-ecart-a-everton-que-faire-aller-pleurer/557082

"Sylvain Distin, sidelined at Everton: "What to do? Go cry? "

5/8/2015 8:01:00 p.m. at the | Updated 5/8/2015 9:29:42 p.m. to | 16 Comments

Pillar Everton last season with a fifth place in the Premier League, Sylvain Distin (37) has not played since Jan. 6. Since January 31, it has even been called the group of Toffees, opposite Sunderland (Saturday 13.45). Out of contract, yet French defender has no intention of hanging up.

Share on Facebook Tweeter 1718Partages

Share on Facebook Tweeter 1718Partages

Sylvain Distin now remains in civilian weekends when the Toffees play. (Photo: Offside / Presse Sports) (D.R)

Sylvain Distin now remains in civilian weekends when the Toffees play. (Photo: Offside / Presse Sports) (D.R)

"You are no longer appeared as Everton jersey since 6 January (against West Ham in Cup, 1-1). What's happening?
On 2 February, I went to see the coach (Roberto Martinez) compared to the proposal of West Ham, who offered me a transfer until the end of the season. The next day, at a press conference, he said he was counting on me, that I was part of the team. But since that day, I have not been called once.

You he gave an explanation?
No, I have no idea. Ask her. We have spoken for. There are many things that get lost in football and you hope that there is still a modicum of respect. But hey, it's been twenty years since I played at the top level so I take taste to weekends with the family. I keep morale.

"If he believes he (Roberto Martinez) does not have to explain it to me ..."

The situation is still not ideal ...
It is not pleasant. When a coach decides you are no longer in the band ... We must accept. What do you do? Go kick his wear and cry, ask "why"? If he feels he does not have to explain it to me after six years at the club, that's his choice. Do not play, it's not a problem. I am 37 years old. Okay, I gave. I must have almost 500 matches in England (475 in all competitions). It is the fact of not letting me be competitive. This is the only thing left me a little craw. After that, I have no problem with the club or the players.

What does your daily since?
I train, I do my extra session in the afternoon as I have always done. I will play with the U21. They run like rabbits! It allows me to keep in shape. Finally, when you let me play ...

That is to say?
Apparently, he (Martinez) wants to see young people play.

"Not been hooking"

The English press reported a collision early in the season.
No. There was no collision.

You would have been banned as a training center for a week ...
I just had a forced rest of the week. But it is not shelved.

"I would have liked to finish Everton"

Do you pay your age (37 years)?
I do not know. I do not think so. If they tell me they want to prepare the future, no problem. This is something that can be understood when we explained ... I was told nothing. If one day I was told that I'm slow, we put all the central defenders on a line and we see ... There is no problem.

You are out of contract. Under these conditions, can you stop your career at the end of the season?
Hang Up? Oh no. If you saw the weeks of training I type me to compensate for my lack of competition, you would see that I did not want to hang up! If I can find a club where I feel good. I have no limit. A shame as I would have liked to finish my career at Everton.
But in football, we do not always do what we want. "

But there has been no bust up!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3074246/Everton-defender-Sylvain-Distin-hits-manager-Roberto-Martinez-fading-team-picture-Goodison-Park.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

He's also been ignored by Roberto. He deserves better than that

Not disagreeing with that if it's the case, I'm sure Martinez would tell it differently though.

He can't be taking training every day and totally blanking him, he's maybe just not sat him down in his office and explained his selections. Do managers routinely do that with individual players? I don't know.

Not disagreeing with that if it's the case, I'm sure Martinez would tell it differently though.

He can't be taking training every day and totally blanking him, he's maybe just not sat him down in his office and explained his selections. Do managers routinely do that with individual players? I don't know.

I understood he's been told to train with the u21. Either way, Finch Farm is only so big, to not say anything to him in over 2 months is just wrong. Roberto can spin it anyway he likes, but if nothing has been said, nothing has been said, which is basic manners being ignored, never mind a lack of respect.

I understood he's been told to train with the u21. Either way, Finch Farm is only so big, to not say anything to him in over 2 months is just wrong. Roberto can spin it anyway he likes, but if nothing has been said, nothing has been said, which is basic manners being ignored, never mind a lack of respect.

As can Sylvain.

I've not seen anywhere that he's been training with the under 21s, just playing for them. Where did you get that from?

As can Sylvain.

I've not seen anywhere that he's been training with the under 21s, just playing for them. Where did you get that from?

He can, but reading the interview it seems very frank. Anyway, don't want to argue :)

Mentioned on the OS, but then he's mentioned in both senior and u21 team:

http://www.evertonfc.com/teams/under-21s

Jumping to conclusions maybe.

Either way he should have been sold. An offer came in we refused and he is unused and will leave on a free? Terrible business decision.

Not sure. We were looking scarce at the back, keeping him on was a relatively expensive "just in case", but required. Just turns out we haven't needed him. The transfer fee would've been buttons too.

Not sure. We were looking scarce at the back, keeping him on was a relatively expensive "just in case", but required. Just turns out we haven't needed him. The transfer fee would've been buttons too.

Browning was making the bench regularly over Distin, he had no chance to play, should have been sold. Buttons maybe, but we can use all the cash and freed up wages we can get.

Browning was making the bench regularly over Distin, he had no chance to play, should have been sold. Buttons maybe, but we can use all the cash and freed up wages we can get.

True, but at the time we were looking like never winning another point and at that time you need a solid, proven player to come on if needed.

• 2 weeks later...