IGNORED

Distin

Madness if true. For sure Bournemouth will be making a lot of money but buying players past their peak on such high wages is not the way to go I don't think.

Sandbanks (I had a holiday there as a kid) is apparently the most expensive place to buy a house in the country, parts of London aside possibly; and Sylvain still has property there after slumming it up north for a few years. The world is truly insane.

Not long ago I read that Sandbanks was the second most expensive (cost per square foot) in the WORLD.

I don't think the Distin deal is that bad a deal for Bournemouth. If they use him carefully and don't overplay him then his experience will be invaluable. The cost to them is his wages. say £2m for their first year in the Premiership. I don't think that's too bad.

DISTIN MOVE ON HOLD
Sylvain Distin’s move to Bournemouth has been delayed as he has to wait for his Everton contract to expire, reports the Bournemouth Echo.
The defender has been released by the Toffees and the paper claims he was due to undergo a medical today before penning a one-year deal with the Premier League new boys.
But they report that Everton officials were not keen to let him train with Eddie Howe’s men until after June 30, when his contract officially expires.

Incredibly petty if true.

It will be the club covering itself in case he gets injured or because he's still insured with us or some such thing.

Cleverley , Geri and a host of other players aren't joining until 1st July, same with Milner yet West Ham have paraded the lad feom Marseille?? There's obviously something in it.

If we let him and something went tits up and we were stung with a bill everyone would be moaning "typical Everton, we can't do anything right etc"

It will be the club covering itself in case he gets injured or because he's still insured with us or some such thing.

Cleverley , Geri and a host of other players aren't joining until 1st July, same with Milner yet West Ham have paraded the lad feom Marseille?? There's obviously something in it.

If we let him and something went tits up and we were stung with a bill everyone would be moaning "typical Everton, we can't do anything right etc"

I don't know why Gerry has to wait until 1st of July, but Cleverley and Milner have to wait until their contracts expire at their previous clubs. Payet can be paraded because they've signed him now.

I don't know why Gerry has to wait until 1st of July, but Cleverley and Milner have to wait until their contracts expire at their previous clubs. Payet can be paraded because they've signed him now.

That's what I meant. The frees it's obvious, they have to wait for contracts to expire but geri signed but can't join until July 1st yet others can? There's obviously different rules for different transfers.

Edit.. Perhaps Spains window doesn't open until then ? Just a guess.

Edited by Paddock

That's what I meant. The frees it's obvious, they have to wait for contracts to expire but geri signed but can't join until July 1st yet others can? There's obviously different rules for different transfers.

Edit.. Perhaps Spains window doesn't open until then ? Just a guess.

When does/did his loan officially end?

• 1 month later...