IGNORED

Distin

Guest blueboy122

It's not very often you see a bench without a back up centre half on it.

Now if Martinez deems Barry to be a better centre half than Distin that's fair enough. His thinking has changed a lot in the last 6-8 weeks

Not sure about this changing peoples natural positions mentality. Barry as CB Baines as CM? Eto will be in goal next week.

Why would RM want Barry who doesn't play as CB as cover when we have a more than adequate player in Distin as cover.

You wouldn't bring on a defender to change a game anyway.

But you would bring on a defender to hold onto a lead, fresh legs cope with opposition forwards with more speed etc.

I think having an experienced centre half on the bench is a good thing to have.

I know you wouldn't bring on a defender to bring on a game mate, I never meant it like that. What I meant was an ald arse striker last 20 can nick you a goal and just mix itup a bit where as a defender of age who is slowing and maybe has to play his way into a game in't a good idea last 20 against maybe a fresh sub striker brought on type of thing.

For me it's like this...If Barry starts at CB with both Alcaraz and Stones injured...then something ain't right. And I'll hold my hands up to that.

But if Distin starts...then he's being played like a 36 year old for a team with extra fixtures this season. The bloke has to wind down at some point, and sometimes it's more of a 'bang' than a smooth rundown.

Guest blueboy122

Yes maybe we are looking far to much into this and Newty is right maybe we our managing him correctly and selecting carefully the games he plays in... Who knows

Guest blueboy122

I know you wouldn't bring on a defender to bring on a game mate, I never meant it like that. What I meant was an ald arse striker last 20 can nick you a goal and just mix itup a bit where as a defender of age who is slowing and maybe has to play his way into a game in't a good idea last 20 against maybe a fresh sub striker brought on type of thing.

Fair enough, I just sill think that Distin has something to offer us even if it be off the bench as a back up defender.

I'd rather have browning making mistakes and learning rather than distin making them which he is always likely to do..also stones had little experience there when he first played..The lad may be a natural

exactly, this is how i feel. stones made mistakes, we were fine with them. jags will cover him, he's playing really well right now.

I'd rather have browning making mistakes and learning rather than distin making them which he is always likely to do..also stones had little experience there when he first played..The lad may be a natural

Not to mention he can never be ready if he doesn't get the game time. And by the looks of things Distin won't be here next season, making Browning a back-up, meaning he'll have to be ready next season so while the opportunity is there for him to get game time now I think it'd be beneficial for him to play.

Has anyone actually seen Browning at centre half? Stones came with lots of Championship experience, albeit the majority at RB. But that is itself would have given him experience in a competitive league.

The way people are talking is as though Distin is shite. He's far from it.

Has anyone actually seen Browning at centre half? Stones came with lots of Championship experience, albeit the majority at RB. But that is itself would have given him experience in a competitive league.

The way people are talking is as though Distin is shite. He's far from it.

Agreed. I think people are also a little spoiled by Stones. The kid is one of the best center back prospects in the world and still was a little shaky at times. By all accounts Browning is also good for his age, but I don't think we should expect him to be near Stones' level.

Distin has always had the odd calamity in him but they come every 6 months.

He seems to have been hung and drawn.... Can anybody lists these mistakes from this season? because I can't think of any that have been directly linked to poor play from him. Maybe the first Leicester goal as his clearance was poor but also unlucky..... I didn't see the Swansea game.

However, the opening games Jagielka was linked to numerous goals.

Browning needs experience and that means game time. But its not that simple....

People may be getting a bit too excited with his cameo from the derby, where he looked very impressive. Based on that 20 minute run out, I would be giving him game time in the FA cup, or Europa once we've qualified. But he is still an unknown quantity and would be a gamble. Distin is much more experienced and even if he does cock up, a lot of the time he makes up for it, so less of a gamble. Mind you, Distin hasn't had a lot of game time for a while so maybe he would need a couple of games to get back up to his standards.

Heart says give Browning a run, head says Distin. Either way, it would be nice to have them both available so we have some competition for places at the back!

Yes maybe we are looking far to much into this and Newty is right maybe we our managing him correctly and selecting carefully the games he plays in... Who knows

I seriously doubt it. If he was just out of the side then fair enough but he was a regular before the rumoured bust up and suddenly it's not worth having a veteran CB on the bench ( seems Alcaraz can be though) then the entire he was injured erm no he's played too much football and needs a rest. 0h hang actually he was injured and then needed a rest erm well when I say injured he had a knock while he was resting. He is fit now but needs a rest from all the resting

Personally I don't buy it, defo a case of no smoke without fire

Sorry to dissapoint people but he's in the team tonight.

Might just be RM thinks he is a starter and not a bench player after all.

I do think he will appear on the bench at times and will smile when people think there must be a conspiracy because he's there.

Lesson..don't look too deep into comments so much.

The whole 'fall out' thing will drag on. Some will always, no matter what, believe that something 'negative' went off.

But it doesn't matter anyway.

He's still here. Still got a job to do. And has been a very good player for us for several years. I also don't get the Distin bashing.

So long as he puts a shift in when called upon, I really aren't bothered about anything else anymore.

I seriously doubt it. If he was just out of the side then fair enough but he was a regular before the rumoured bust up and suddenly it's not worth having a veteran CB on the bench ( seems Alcaraz can be though) then the entire he was injured erm no he's played too much football and needs a rest. 0h hang actually he was injured and then needed a rest erm well when I say injured he had a knock while he was resting. He is fit now but needs a rest from all the restingPersonally I don't buy it, defo a case of no smoke without fire

+1

No conspiracy here. It's obvious.

Sorry to dissapoint people but he's in the team tonight.

Might just be RM thinks he is a starter and not a bench player after all.

I do think he will appear on the bench at times and will smile when people think there must be a conspiracy because he's there.

Lesson..don't look too deep into comments so much.

Ha ha Do you honestly think that just because he played tonight it means there has been no fall out?