IGNORED

Distin

If the reports are true it's my opinion it's bad man management. Not only has he dropped one of our main players he's caused unrest in the dressing room. Jagielka was a lot worse than Distin.

If being the operative word, you were talking about it like it was fact. An anyway, the speculation is that he's been told to take time out due to his reaction to the criticism (presumably in contrast to the other players who got it), so the matter of whether Jagielka was playing worse than him is completely irrelevant.

Plus, if you're right that Distin has an "unstable personality" (which I don't agree with) then surely he'd cause more unrest in the dressing room than he would out of it, so you're contradicting yourself.

Quite happy for you to disagree with me. But...,what other player consistently "argues" with his own fans on twitter..?. . Is confronting your away fans at a premier league game stable behaviour... ? Stating that we should have been as loud as the palace fans. The guy looks for confrontation. If you're in and around him everyday surely you have to realise he doesn't take critisism lightly. That's very evident from his twitter account. So I'll say it again if true - bad man management.

I also wasn't talking about it as fact. Quite clearly in my opening post I say. "I don't know what's gone on" But all the indicators point to this being true. The guy has been completely dropped from the squad. Not even on the bench. If a player is out of form drop him to the bench but don't humiliate one of our better players by completely dropping him from match days. This is the first time Distin has been dropped completely out of the squad for 2 consecutive games whilst seemingly being fit. Something has gone on behind the scenes and I'd bank on it being this story and I wouldn't blame Distin for taking it badly. Jagielka has been awful and still plays

So you're saying (from your perspective) that as he has an attitude problem he needs to be treated differently to everyone else. The whole team gets a bollocking but you don't include Distin in it because he'll react badly, so everyone else swallows it while Sylvain gets treated with kid gloves in case he throws a strop?

Now that would be bad man management and might well cause dressing room unrest.

"Jagielka has been awful and still plays."

Like I said, how is that relevant? We're talking (hypothetically imo) reaction to criticism and performance on the pitch has nothing to do with that.

No, I'm saying that there's ways to go about different personalities. If you know someone doesn't take criticism well it's better to take a different approach with that person. Surely that's what good man management is about?

I disagree that he should have been singled out anyway, I don't think he's been that bad. Jagielka on the other hand had a shocking first 4-5 games. As I said originally, I don't know what's gone on but if the article is correct and the words "singled out" is correct then Distin has every right to be upset.

The article says he was one of those singled out doesn't it?

If so, then for all we know Jagielka may also have been criticised. Except, he didn't throw a wobbler about it and took it on the chin.

Doubt he did as he didn't play against Swansea.

Doubt he did as he didn't play against Swansea.

True, I'd forgot that. However, that doesn't mean Martinez hasn't criticised him after other games. And it still means Distin wasn't the only one criticised after the Swansea game but he was the one who has taken it badly (if the article has it right). Which is a bit of a piss take because he was awful in that game and deserved criticism.

True, I'd forgot that. However, that doesn't mean Martinez hasn't criticised him after other games. And it still means Distin wasn't the only one criticised after the Swansea game but he was the one who has taken it badly (if the article has it right). Which is a bit of a piss take because he was awful in that game and deserved criticism.

All speculation, but maybe it's all been building up on him. Maybe he's been taking the brunt of criticism.

All this over a purely speculative 'article' of the standard you usually see in the Daily Sport in between two fat nipples?

Distin has unstable behaviour because he fights back on Twatter? It's called Twatter for a reason. It's full of Twats. The amount of shit anyone in the slightest of spotlight has to put up with on Twatter is appalling. And I agree with each and every person who sticks it right up the keyboard warriors arses.

How many years has Distin played for us? How many times have we had instances of grotty behaviour?

How do you know that the reason for his absence isn't because of a family issue? Or another personal issue?

And actually, if something had gone off, the management have done brilliantly to keep it under wraps and within the club.

"Apparently" and "unconfirmed reports". Big pinch of salt for me, if he's been told to "take some time out" why was he at OT yesterday?

Exactly this. It sounds like bullshit to me...

Makes me laugh though that people call Martinez too nice and then when he supposedly bollocks someone he is criticised.

All this over a purely speculative 'article' of the standard you usually see in the Daily Sport in between two fat nipples?

Distin has unstable behaviour because he fights back on Twatter? It's called Twatter for a reason. It's full of Twats. The amount of shit anyone in the slightest of spotlight has to put up with on Twatter is appalling. And I agree with each and every person who sticks it right up the keyboard warriors arses.

How many years has Distin played for us? How many times have we had instances of grotty behaviour?

How do you know that the reason for his absence isn't because of a family issue? Or another personal issue?

And actually, if something had gone off, the management have done brilliantly to keep it under wraps and within the club.

Confronting your own fans over twitter isn't the cleverest thing to do though is it? How many pro's can you name that do that? It's not even an isolated incident with him it's most weeks. He then caused all kind of trouble down at selhurst park last season. Hes upset a lot of people. I see he hasn't used it since August - wise move. I mention this because he quite clearly doesn't take criticism lightly and I don't think he deserves to be singled out over others if at all!

Your right, this is the first time that any sniff of a fall out with club has happened with Distin. Maybe what's went on has push him that far.

There has to be a reason why he hasn't made the bench for the last 3 games. The evidence is pointing to a fall out as Martinez has not mentioned him as an injured player nor has he mentioned any personal problems.

Hopefully the journo's will be onto this now and we may get some answers. Either way it's not great to hear there's an unsettled dressing room whilst we're struggling to play.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Guest rusty747

I think it is fairly evident that something is not right. Either Distin is injured or he is not. The club are very open about injuries and it is therefore highly likely that Distin is not injured. So then it ibecomes a question of was he pushed or did he fall - meaning has Distin spat the dummy (unlikely but not impossible) or has Bobby told him to take a week off and get his head right - which I would still find a strange way to manage the situation. So I do think that there is a story to come out - I just hope it all gets resolved soonest and that Distin is back with the squad before our next game. With Stones out injured we need him.

Zero evidence for that. How in the world can you admit it's "all speculation" an then come up with such contradictory tosh? I give up.

Because it is speculation at the moment. But evidence is pointing to something more than an injury/personal problems.... Is it not? Answer that instead of taking snippets of my posts. There has been absolutely no acknowledgment of an injury from RM. He hasn't even spoke about him. Strange because he ALWAYS mentions injuries.

I think it is fairly evident that something is not right. Either Distin is injured or he is not. The club are very open about injuries and it is therefore highly likely that Distin is not injured. So then it ibecomes a question of was he pushed or did he fall - meaning has Distin spat the dummy (unlikely but not impossible) or has Bobby told him to take a week off and get his head right - which I would still find a strange way to manage the situation. So I do think that there is a story to come out - I just hope it all gets resolved soonest and that Distin is back with the squad before our next game. With Stones out injured we need him.

Indeed.

And I can't wait for Mikes "speculation" argument to be disproved.

But you agreed that it's speculation, so you're keen for your own argument to be disproved as well :huh:.

Alternatively you can't wait for your opinion to be proved right even though it would reflect badly on the club? Very sad man.

But you agreed that it's speculation :huh:.

So you're keen for your own argument to be disproved as well.

Alternatively you can't wait for your opinion to be proved right even though it would reflect badly on the club? Very sad man.

You've got me to the point where I 'd like to see you proved wrong. Mainly because you've said I'm talking tosh!! on the basis that it's only speculation. There's a lot swinging towards something more having gone on than not.

You've got me to the point where I 'd like to see you proved wrong. Mainly because you've said I'm talking tosh!! on the basis that it's only speculation. There's a lot swinging towards something more having gone on than not.

Fair enough if that's how you feel :).

But the fact is that you are talking tosh, and contradicting yourself, and would rather score personal points than things be good in our dressing room. You want there to be a problem so you can be proved right and your anonymous Internet ego counts more than your support for the club. Infantile.

Fair enough if that's how you feel :).

But the fact is that you are talking tosh, and contradicting yourself, and would rather score personal points than things be good in our dressing room. You want there to be a problem so you can be proved right and your anonymous Internet ego counts more than your support for the club. Infantile.

Ok Mike.

Again trying to manipulate. I don't even need to go into my support for the club. Lets just say I'm entitled to talk tosh because I support the club in as many ways as possible financially and actually being there.

The only ego from our last exchanges seems to be yours.

Edited by MiguelCotto

i've been wondering where he has been. i still think he's got something left and would like to see a cup game or europa away game for him, get his confidence back. Stones (when fit and not injured) is our #1 CB for me, but I'd love to see the Distin pairing. They both are very calm which I like in a CB, Howard does enough yelling and who ra and all that anyways.

Edited by markjazzbassist

i've been wondering where he has been. i still think he's got something left and would like to see a cup game or europa away game for him, get his confidence back. Stones (when fit and not injured) is our #1 CB for me, but I'd love to see the Distin pairing. They both are very calm which I like in a CB, Howard does enough yelling and who ra and all that anyways.

Distin and the word calm do not belong in the same sentence. He's anything but a calm CB.

Cotto....what's the evidence that you keep talking of? What's this 'a lot swinging towards' stuff?

Sorry man but everything mike says is true. The usual contradictions and self righteous glory hunting. Do you ever read your own responses?

You're right to chill from the forum if your getting worked up...I do too!!!

Of all the players in the squad Distin is probably the last players I could see kicking up a fuss.

Exactly. You can't imagine it, can you?

I mean, it is a strange one. But it could be personal to him and nothing more.

To be honest, if something has gone off, I hope it is more a sulk than some issue with him or a family member if you know what I mean???