IGNORED

Distin

Distin is truly a bizarre but pleasant case. He's 35 so he should be slowing down. Instead, it seems like he's caught a second wind. He's playing some of the best football of his career right now. nobody is going to mistake him for Thiago Silva or Vincent Kompany but Distin has been rock solid. Such a nice surprise.

Distin is truly a bizarre but pleasant case. He's 35 so he should be slowing down. Instead, it seems like he's caught a second wind. He's playing some of the best football of his career right now. nobody is going to mistake him for Thiago Silva or Vincent Kompany but Distin has been rock solid. Such a nice surprise.

If he was even 5 years younger I'm sure that the biggest sides in the world would come in for him - he's been brilliant for us. It was great to see him passing the ball out today, really seeming to revel in the way of playing, looking to better himself even at that the ripe old age of 35 (just bitter because he's younger than me).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

He is a good player - and I shouldn't have attacked him in the other thread for his views on Moyes and Martinez. I still think he should give more credit to the new boss, though.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/360796/Everton-defender-Sylvain-Distin-returns-to-full-training-ahead-of-West-Brom-clash

Hope he is back for the WBA game. I do like Stones in defense but we are missing Distin and Jags partnership.

We do need to move on from this ageing partnership soon. They cant keep performing at this level especially at his age. He does continues to prove me wrong which is great :) but I think we need to get his replacement ready. Stones has a great player to learn from here and I hope he makes the most of Distins experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...