IGNORED

Distin

Whether Distin has thrown a wobbler or not he was playing shite and I'm not in the least bit bothered he's not in the side, or even making the bench.

And that's as simple as it gets I guess! He has to earn his stripes again. And that's what competition for places is all about? At least we are in a position to be able to do it rather than keep playing him.

Yeh most bust ups are reported within hours these days let alone 4 weeks down the line and the rags haven't touched it.

You'd expect, at the very least, for that o'keefe fella at the Echo to have picked up on something.

Anyway, as you say, it's 4 weeks down the line. The teams looking to perform better so it's not vitally important.

Reading Duncan Fergusons book at the moment - he had regular falling outs with Moyes (some were documented).

By all accounts he left Ruud Gullits door hanging of its hinges at Nerwcastle after the Sunderland game after Gullit stated that Newcastle were winning till Shearer and Dunc came on.

Reading Duncan Fergusons book at the moment - he had regular falling outs with Moyes (some were documented).

By all accounts he left Ruud Gullits door hanging of its hinges at Nerwcastle after the Sunderland game after Gullit stated that Newcastle were winning till Shearer and Dunc came on.

Aaaaah....that's a point towards the reality of the game I suppose!

I guess he's not that good then?!!!

He was that clued up on what's going on at Everton that when Lukaku posted the pic of him on the plane returning to England for a new chapter in his career he said Lukaku was on that plane to return to Chelsea. A couple of hours later it was announced we'd agreed a deal to bring him here.

He was that clued up on what's going on at Everton that when Lukaku posted the pic of him on the plane returning to England for a new chapter in his career he said Lukaku was on that plane to return to Chelsea. A couple of hours later it was announced we'd agreed a deal to bring him here.

Haha...no way. I remember something about that!!! I withdraw that I think he'd pick something up!

• 2 weeks later...

Help.

I need someone -- or maybe 4 or 5 of you, as long as all of you agree with each other [little joke there.....] -- to translate this Roberto-talk about Distin.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/02/everton-roberto-martinez-garry-monk-swansea

Scroll down to next-to-final paragraph. Specifically, what does RM mean when he says: "He is not someone I want to use on the bench at the age of 36. But he is a very important player for us."

Not really as it takes a lot longer to warm up as you get older, at 41 I can back this up haha.

Personally I would start him as I wouldn't want a player that cant impact a game on the bench. My last manager told me he would rather have me start and go off than come on and go off injured.

I think he means to come on late I'm a game you need to be able to hit the ground running rather than grow into a game.

At his age he just isn't capable of that anymore.

Seems as if yes, this is what RM meant. The Guardian article I linked above left out the key sentence, here provided by the Mirror: "I don't think that Sylvain at his age would benefit from getting changed, warming up and coming on."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-call-sylvain-distin-against-4566867

So it looks as if Distin either starts or isn't on the team sheet at all. Presumably he starts tomorrow eve.

Considering Stones and Alcaraz are both out for a while there is no reason at all why Distin should be on the bench anyway. He should be on the pitch.

RM has danced round this subject for weeks and weeks coming out with anything he can to avoid the subject and there's still people who believe nothing's gone on. The man doesn't want to play Distin.

Its not about him its about if it benefits the team.

I think he meant benefit yhe team tbh Bb but just worded it a bit wrong.

If he did, he's right. An aging centre half isn't the type of player you bring on with 20 to go to change a game where as a wiley forward midfield playmaker could be.

Either way it'll be interesting to see who starts Sunday. Think Distin will play tomorrow and would have regardless.

Guest blueboy122

I think he meant benefit yhe team tbh Bb but just worded it a bit wrong.

If he did, he's right. An aging centre half isn't the type of player you bring on with 20 to go to change a game where as a wiley forward midfield playmaker could be.

Either way it'll be interesting to see who starts Sunday. Think Distin will play tomorrow and would have regardless.

You wouldn't bring on a defender to change a game anyway.

But you would bring on a defender to hold onto a lead, fresh legs cope with opposition forwards with more speed etc.

I think having an experienced centre half on the bench is a good thing to have.