IGNORED

Distin

Love to know what happened with Sylvain. The busy up etc.

Bloody good servant to the club and at times, an exceptional player an pro.

Good luck to him.

You need to put "_" around busy up still surely (or even bust-up :P). Sylvain has said " the truth will come out" so no doubt in time we'll have his "truth" and Roberto's "truth" and then you believe who you choose to believe. They might even both say the same thing :).

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he's on his way to Bournemouth.

Makes sense, lots of people retire to the south coast. They could name a deck-chair after him (possibly one that's pretty sturdy but collapses every so often and leaves the occupant hopelessly out of position in a heap on the floor). 50p to hire for the day, bargain.

Seriously, best of luck to him if he goes there, I hope they do well.

Makes sense, lots of people retire to the south coast. They could name a deck-chair after him (possibly one that's pretty sturdy but collapses every so often and leaves the occupant hopelessly out of position in a heap on the floor). 50p to hire for the day, bargain.

What is this with Bournemouth? Distin, Garbutt,... I wonder what we'll get in return.

:lol:

I don't understand this distin has been great for us he's made no more mistakes than the likes of stones and he's only been here 2 years distin deserves better.

Wasn't meant to be taken seriously other than the last sentence. That's why "seriously" was the first word in it, indicates the first bit was tongue in cheek.

£5m for a near 32 year old was a little bit on the steep side at that time, but he has proven to be an astute signing.

Absolutely, I was shocked at the price originally but he more than proved his worth. Let alone driving up from Portsmouth, on deadline day, to push a deal through. Was always going to like him.

I wonder if Chelsea fans still go on about casiraghi as a waste of money. A player who scored goals but ultimately scored 1 in 10 at Chelsea due to a knee injury. He cost £5.4m at the time.

The fact is they don't. Sometimes bad luck plays a part and you have to accept that.

I wonder if Chelsea fans still go on about casiraghi as a waste of money. A player who scored goals but ultimately scored 1 in 10 at Chelsea due to a knee injury. He cost £5.4m at the time.

The fact is they don't. Sometimes bad luck plays a part and you have to accept that.

To be fair I do think its extremely unfortunate for Evertonians that Bobby decided to bring him with him from Wigan

To be fair I do think its extremely unfortunate for Evertonians that Bobby decided to bring him with him from Wigan

He scored 13 league goals for a relegated side. 2 short of Roms best for us in our 5th place season 3 more than he achieved this season.

All things considered at the time it wasn't a stupid decision. As things transpired it wasn't a good signing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sylvain-distin-becomes-bournemouths-highest-paid-5931112

£40k a week.... Unreal for a club like Bournemouth, he still has his house from his time at Portsmouth. Different world.

Madness if true. For sure Bournemouth will be making a lot of money but buying players past their peak on such high wages is not the way to go I don't think.

Sandbanks (I had a holiday there as a kid) is apparently the most expensive place to buy a house in the country, parts of London aside possibly; and Sylvain still has property there after slumming it up north for a few years. The world is truly insane.