IGNORED

Distin

I dont get why Distin not being on the bench would be seen as there being a bust up when he started last night and also in the previous game at Lille?

How does that work? He isnt on the bench so they must have had a bust up but then he plays and it means nothing?

Don't let logic interfere with a good conspiracy theory :shaking fist:.

I dont get why Distin not being on the bench would be seen as there being a bust up when he started last night and also in the previous game at Lille?

How does that work? He isnt on the bench so they must have had a bust up but then he plays and it means nothing?

I know I know. No logic.

You find whenever there's a sniff of negative around, the same old same jump on it and cant be budged. Brings a balance I suppose.

Of course because that's the only thing that's happened in the past 8 weeks.

Or maybe a "regular starter" has been completely missing from the squad. Not just dropped from the bench but dropped completely. Oh and as mentioned by Dunc - the constant backtrack on whether he was injured or not.

Well yes if you bury your head in the sand and totally ignore everything that's gone on for the past couple of months then I suppose it would be difficult to understand where the bust up theory came from

Can't we just get over the whole bust up thing? Even if there was a dust up, it may not be entirely of a 'negative' nature, for example, Martinez telling Distin to change his training habits as he is 36 now and needs to adjust...and Distin saying "not a chance, my bodies a temple...."

Close you eyes, go on, don't be shy, and picture the scene at Finch Farm....

(Distin is flexing infront of the mirror after his 4th gym session of the day...)

Distin: BOOM! Check the arms baby!

Martinez: Listen Sylvia, you're 36, wind the training in a bit...

D: BOOM! Check my abs...what you say?

M: I'm telling you to wind the training in a bit. We're giving you a new schedule. You get your bus pass next year, calm it down.

D: BOOM! Boss, my body is a temple. I'm fine. Here, touch my thighs...solid mate, solid.

M: Sylvie, I'm a physiotherapististist, you need to wind it down. You'll get a soft tissue injury. You'll be out for anywhere between 2 weeks and 4 years. We need you this year.

D: BOOM! Need more weight on the bar, boss, pass me the 20's.

M: You're dropped you french *&£$*

See what I mean? It's entirely possible.

Can't we just get over the whole bust up thing? Even if there was a dust up, it may not be entirely of a 'negative' nature, for example, Martinez telling Distin to change his training habits as he is 36 now and needs to adjust...and Distin saying "not a chance, my bodies a temple...."

Close you eyes, go on, don't be shy, and picture the scene at Finch Farm....

(Distin is flexing infront of the mirror after his 4th gym session of the day...)

Distin: BOOM! Check the arms baby!

Martinez: Listen Sylvia, you're 36, wind the training in a bit...

D: BOOM! Check my abs...what you say?

M: I'm telling you to wind the training in a bit. We're giving you a new schedule. You get your bus pass next year, calm it down.

D: BOOM! Boss, my body is a temple. I'm fine. Here, touch my thighs...solid mate, solid.

M: Sylvie, I'm a physiotherapististist, you need to wind it down. You'll get a soft tissue injury. You'll be out for anywhere between 2 weeks and 4 years. We need you this year.

D: BOOM! Need more weight on the bar, boss, pass me the 20's.

M: You're dropped you french *&£$*

See what I mean? It's entirely possible.

Not well :)

Of course because that's the only thing that's happened in the past 8 weeks.

Or maybe a "regular starter" has been completely missing from the squad. Not just dropped from the bench but dropped completely. Oh and as mentioned by Dunc - the constant backtrack on whether he was injured or not.

I'm pretty sure he did pick up an injury early season before the alleged bust up and Stones stepped in. From what I have heard there hasn't been a change from Martinez. He was either available or not.

Well yes if you bury your head in the sand and totally ignore everything that's gone on for the past couple of months then I suppose it would be difficult to understand where the bust up theory came from

Then to why would he get a start if he was in the dog house? It doesn't make any sense to start him and then remove him from the squad if there wasn't a different issue. If he was being punished he would have been out of the squad full stop not in and out.

I'm pretty sure he did pick up an injury early season before the alleged bust up and Stones stepped in. From what I have heard there hasn't been a change from Martinez. He was either available or not.

Then to why would he get a start if he was in the dog house? It doesn't make any sense to start him and then remove him from the squad if there wasn't a different issue. If he was being punished he would have been out of the squad full stop not in and out.

Were have you been ?

He was totally out of the squad for weeks and he is only back in now because of actual injuries to Alcaraz and Stones

My mates, nephews, little sisters dog reckons the big man was seen speeding away from Bob's house in his milk float a few weeks back with old brown shoes in quick pursuit waving his fist. Nothing substantial to back it up like but sounds feasible to me.

Unlike the actual rumour in which there is plenty to back it up

Not withstanding the fact I was told this from a decent source, there is also the fact he disappeared from the match day squad for a few weeks and then the entire he is injured / rested / injured no actually injured then rested saga. None in isolation are substantial but they all add up

How else would you explain the " injury " fiasco?

Unlike the actual rumour in which there is plenty to back it up

Not withstanding the fact I was told this from a decent source, there is also the fact he disappeared from the match day squad for a few weeks and then the entire he is injured / rested / injured no actually injured then rested saga. None in isolation are substantial but they all add up

How else would you explain the " injury " fiasco?

Dunc you must have some inside info. Did you have a chat with Haf who has a mate who's buddy works at the gym distin trains at? Reliable source

Dunc you must have some inside info. Did you have a chat with Haf who has a mate who's buddy works at the gym distin trains at? Reliable source

Actually he does seem pretty reliable, it's the same guy who told me about Barkleys injury ,the ground move announcement and Osmans contract extension Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

made me laugh :lol:

I may not always agree with Dunc, but as he says if there is something to share from a source, he is usually got reason.

• 2 months later...
Guest rusty747

Where was Distin for the derby? I didn't expect him to start but was a little surprised to see Alcaraz ahead of him on the bench. Injured, out of favour again or something else?

End of an era. Going to see lots of the Moyes first 11 gone in the next 24 months. Distin in the summer, possibly Howard. Osman, Pienaar. Mirallas.

We'll be a completely different side and I'm not sure how it will all turn out. It has to be done but these players need replacing like for like. Martinez signings haven't been the best especially in terms of squad players.

Edited by MC11