IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Barkley is not match fit. Certainly rushed back. You have to question the decision to give a 20 year old an injection. Yes he's a decisive player. But it didn't half back fire.

Martinez said as much in his press conference. I'm sure he'd see the positive side in that he knows Barkley needs to be absolutely spot on have the desired impact.

Barkley is not match fit. Certainly rushed back. You have to question the decision to give a 20 year old an injection. Yes he's a decisive player. But it didn't half back fire.

He was rushed back due to the injuries we had at the time. In the circumstances I didnt think Barkley was that bad and the worst decision was to start Pienaar IMO.

Martinez admits he got it wrong, but at least he does admit it and hopefully when Barkley does come back he will be fighting fit.

• 1 month later...

That injury certainly seems to have put a halt on his progression. He looks a completely different player from the end of the year. It is coming though you can see he's getting fitter.

He was brought back far too early and we've suffered a major dip in form ever since. Martinez has to be made accountable for that IMO. Yes he was a crucial player but we ended up on the end of a 4-0 hiding and lost him for a number of weeks afterwards. Lose lose

That injury certainly seems to have put a halt on his progression. He looks a completely different player from the end of the year. It is coming though you can see he's getting fitter.

He was brought back far too early and we've suffered a major dip in form ever since. Martinez has to be made accountable for that IMO. Yes he was a crucial player but we ended up on the end of a 4-0 hiding and lost him for a number of weeks afterwards. Lose lose

Hindsight is 20/20.

What can we do to give this kid some sparkle back?

I know he had an injury but wasn't it a broken toe? He should be fit again now.

It's almost like he is taking lessons.from Torres. A spectacular fall from form.

He just seems to have no confidence at all. Watching him yesterday was a pretty sad day, we know what he can do but he looks like he is going to end up one of these players that always promises but never delivers.is the premier just to fast for him?

Other fans don't really rate him. I speak to friends and they think he will end up a mid table player. I just wish he would go back to being a boy again and have no fear.

I pray with all my heart I'm wrong.

What can we do to give this kid some sparkle back?

I know he had an injury but wasn't it a broken toe? He should be fit again now.

It's almost like he is taking lessons.from Torres. A spectacular fall from form.

He just seems to have no confidence at all. Watching him yesterday was a pretty sad day, we know what he can do but he looks like he is going to end up one of these players that always promises but never delivers.is the premier just to fast for him?

Other fans don't really rate him. I speak to friends and they think he will end up a mid table player. I just wish he would go back to being a boy again and have no fear.

I pray with all my heart I'm wrong.

He scored a goal and got a penalty with a good bit of skill, but yeah he didn't deliver did he really? :doh: . He's still only 20 years old for christ sake...I think people forget that sometimes. Im not saying he was back to his best yesterday (we still dont know how good his "best" is) but like Romey said, MAJOR over reaction.

So Haf what your saying is he has terrific vision then?

Not close to what he said. He is saying he's a "work in progress", working towards becoming one of the best players the country has seen in a long time. His vision, his delaying on the ball are things that will be improved /eradicated during his progress.

barkleys vision is increasingly shite. He reminds me of the player who was far superior to all the others ones at school so he just tried to take everyone on. If his Vision was as good as his feet, our goals for this season would be far healthier.

His vision was pretty good against Arsenal the other week

barkleys vision is increasingly shite. He reminds me of the player who was far superior to all the others ones at school so he just tried to take everyone on. If his Vision was as good as his feet, our goals for this season would be far healthier.

Don't really think he's ever tried to be a number 10 type anyway has he? seem's a different sort of player imo, more of a support man from midfield. Spraying the ball around is not his thing, he's not a Mata or Silva, it's something we are really lacking imo.

Barkleys footballing brain works quicker than his feet.

When he recieves the ball he knows exactly what he should do with it, he just seems to struggle with the execution.When his feet catch up with his brain, he will be almost unplayable, it will be more a case of whether his team mates are capable of matching him.

Clever/talented players need like wise around them, will he, if he improves out grow this team? Does he need better players around him to improve!

:major overreaction alert:

He wasn't that bad yesterday at all! A sad day? Not going to make it? Be a mid-table player? Wow. Just wow.

I admit he hasn't got back to what he showed at the start of the season but this is a major over-reaction by you and those saying to you that he'll be a mid-table player.

I didn't say I thought he would be a mid table player. I said fans of other teams have that opinion, well a few I have spoken too.

I'm just frustrated because I know how good he can be. And really, yes he was pretty bad yesterday if I'm honest. He slowed down play at pretty much every opportunity.

And it's not a one off.

The frustration comes from being happy Everytime I read his name on the teamsheet and by 60 mins, just thinking get him off now.