IGNORED

Ross Barkley

If he stays without signing then he's not moving in the Jan transfer window, he's leaving on a free next summer. So fuck him.

Not the way I want the club to treat its players.

If he does not sign the club will sell him for what they can get. Koeman also will not want him sat around distracting the club.

If he does not sign the club will sell him for what they can get. Koeman also will not want him sat around distracting the club.

this for me. the club set that price just like lukaku to get the highest price while letting clubs know we are serious and won't be taken on the fee.

We signed Keane for £25 mill with a year left. Ross is younger and an attaker. We have to be looking at £35 million

What the hell is going on?

1 year left

We don't want him

He's average at best

He's not in high demand

Would want substantial wages

People would wait a year rather than pay that.

20-25 is more realistic.

Edited by AidanLewis

BARKLEY NOT WITH EVERTON

Ross Barkley has not travelled with Evertons squad to their second pre-season training camp.

Evert say it is because of the same groin problem that stopped him going with the team to Tanzania last week.

Tottenham have been linked with the England international but we understand they are not willing to meet the players £50m asking price.

From Skysports

Anyone else thinking this is to price Ross out of a move and encourage him to sign?

nope. ross refuses to sign, he will be sold, RK doesn't want him with the team since he doesn't want to be here, bad apple doesn't need to be in the dressing room. just keep him at home till spurs sign him on TDD.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Anyone else thinking this is to price Ross out of a move and encourage him to sign?

No, surely if they wanted him to stay they would take him away on the training camp? it does not matter that he is injured he could still integrate himself with in the squad with the new signings whilst regaining his fitness.

Edited by Simon

Bill and Rom have touched on it, bit what about the way players treat the club?

You seem to be swaying towards the club being in the wrong (that is, if anyone is in the wrong!).

I very much doubt, knowing how our club works, that we would have offered Barkley an unfair contract. We would have offered him what his market value is and what his value to the club is.

So, in my eyes, all things considered, Barkley is holding out for something.

The club need to resolve it though asap so we can all move onto the next phase, with him or without him.

You seem to be swaying towards the club being in the wrong (that is, if anyone is in the wrong!).

I very much doubt, knowing how our club works, that we would have offered Barkley an unfair contract. We would have offered him what his market value is and what his value to the club is.

The club need to resolve it though asap so we can all move onto the next phase, with him or without him.

not to mention all the reports saying barkley's wages he wants are too high for spurs valuation of him and are a hindrance to the signing as well. sounds like all the issues are coming from his side not Evertons.

I think club screwed up in not sorting the contract out a year ago.

I don't know what the difference is between the two parties but I hope it can be resolved as Barkley is a very good player.

If he wont sign then I hope he is sold, what I was arguing against is punishing Barkley by not letting him play any form of football. I think that is petty and beneath us.

not to mention all the reports saying barkley's wages he wants are too high for spurs valuation of him and are a hindrance to the signing as well. sounds like all the issues are coming from his side not Evertons.

Which is a shame.

Can't help but wonder if he's getting really shit advice.

None of us know anything that's going on here though.

Not one bit!

Neither the club nor Ross have updated anyone. All we've had is Koeman say he will be sold if he doesn't sign the contract. I've said before and I'll say again, he might not be happy with the contract. We just assume the club have offered what Ross thinks is fair? Why? Players turn down contract offers all the time. I don't think either party has done wrong, no one has been slagged off or bad stories leaked, they just haven't come to an agreement. Is that so bad?

No, surely if they wanted him to stay they would take him away on the training camp? it does not matter that he is injured he could still integrate himself with in the squad with the new signings whilst regaining his fitness.

unless he is actually injured. Although, no reason he couldn't have participated in the charity stuff (appearing, not playing)

Romey - always! I don't have any hope it's true but it'd be nice

I think club screwed up in not sorting the contract out a year ago.

I don't know what the difference is between the two parties but I hope it can be resolved as Barkley is a very good player.

If he wont sign then I hope he is sold, what I was arguing against is punishing Barkley by not letting him play any form of football. I think that is petty and beneath us.

On the surface, it would be, yeah.

But it depends on what has gone on behind the scenes. Of which, we have no idea. Koeman will not want him around if he is not committed.

There's a simple answer to this, Barkley either signs a contract, or asks for a transfer. Either way Koeman is not going to back down.

"Sign the contract before the season ends or be sold" it's up to Barkley, can't blame anybody else.

Independent.

Sport Football Transfers

Tottenham step up Ross Barkley interest with Everton finally ready to compromise on £50million price tag

There is a willingness on all sides to reach an agreement before the end of the window. Everton would rather cash in on Barkley now than risk losing him for compensation next summer

PS... It's on the BBC Sports app, Pad.

Independent.

Sport Football Transfers

Tottenham step up Ross Barkley interest with Everton finally ready to compromise on £50million price tag

There is a willingness on all sides to reach an agreement before the end of the window. Everton would rather cash in on Barkley now than risk losing him for compensation next summer

PS... It's on the BBC Sports app, Pad.

Got a little nk mate? :P