IGNORED

Chelsea vs Everton

SimonButtle

I feel sorry for moyes at the mo, we haven't added value to our squad for 3 years yet people's expectations seem sky high.

Shit tactics vs Citeh for sitting back...

Shit tactics vs Chelsea for going at them a bit and trying to get a foot hold in the game...

Thank fuck for shit referees - they take the emphasis off the actual performance!

You must have been watching a different game to me, I only recall two shots of note from us in the whole game.

Our squad is a lot more capable than that. We beat Chelsea & Man Utd on the bounce 2 seasons back with more or less the same players, and Chelsea are not as good as they were then. I dont expect us to win, but I at least expect us to show some pride and have a go. We sat back and rolled over, especially after the 1st goal...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have been watching a different game to me, I only recall two shots of note from us in the whole game.

Our squad is a lot more capable than that. We beat Chelsea & Man Utd on the bounce 2 seasons back with more or less the same players, and Chelsea are not as good as they were then. I dont expect us to win, but I at least expect us to show some pride and have a go. We sat back and rolled over, especially after the 1st goal...

Regardless of end product we were set up 'positively' today.

As for our squad vs theres... we're the same minus 1 or 2 and they're the same plus 1 or 2 £20m+ player!!!

Regardless of end product we were set up 'positively' today.

As for our squad vs theres... we're the same minus 1 or 2 and they're the same plus 1 or 2 £20m+ player!!!

I cant comment on the game as I had to work today and couldnt go so I can only go from MotD, however got to agree with this comment, in fact its probably a bit understated.

Our squad is considerably weaker and their is considerably stronger than 2 years ago

watching this game i got the feeling that the players didn't believe Everton can beat the likes of chelsea. everybody's just going through the motions ... waiting for the final whistle.

never thought i would ever be bored while watching my favourite team play against a top premier league club.

time for moyes to give some inspiring speeches.

watching this game i got the feeling that the players didn't believe Everton can beat the likes of chelsea. everybody's just going through the motions ... waiting for the final whistle.

never thought i would ever be bored while watching my favourite team play against a top premier league club.

time for moyes to give some inspiring speeches.

This, all day fucking long.

We gave them the win before we even got on the pitch.

I'm not wanting or expecting us to go hell for leather at a side as good as Chelsea, but to just roll over and die for them is embarrassing. We barely came out of our own half and we're so slow when we do "attack" that they were organised again infront of us before we'd even had a chance to think about where to pass the ball.

I just want us to give ourselves the chance to win the game, that's not asking a lot IMO. Actually attack the opposition for god's sake. Having a go might still result in us losing the game but we'd have had the opportunity to win the game, whereas now we're giving ourselves no chance of winning the game by defending from the start and then losing anyway.

Moyes has now failed to win an away game against a top 4 side in 40 attempts. That says it all.

I feel sorry for moyes at the mo, we haven't added value to our squad for 3 years yet people's expectations seem sky high.

Shit tactics vs Citeh for sitting back...

Shit tactics vs Chelsea for going at them a bit and trying to get a foot hold in the game...

Thank fuck for shit referees - they take the emphasis off the actual performance!

seriously? does that account for the fact he constantly plays people out of postion though? we can all moan at Kenwright and the board for the lack of investment, but blue Bill does NOT pick the team, thats down to Moyes

imo, someone needs to say something to Moyes, its clearly not going to be Round, really not sure what the point of him is, but somone needs to do or say something, and the number of players in the team/squad who seem to have already accepted that we are going to do fuck all this season is alarming

they all need a good kick up the arse and i include Moyes in that

Just seen highlights of the game from yesterday - and we all know highlights can be misleading.

Fellaini should be shot for basically walking away from an encounter with JT for JT's goal. Fellaini literally ducked away and turned his back. Shocking.

Mentality has a lot to with it too - if there's an attitude that the best you can hope for is a draw - then against the top teams, when they get that first goal, the game's virtually over.

Although to be fair (and not what you want to hear) - in the cold light of day, you did play City and Chelsea away - it's not likely many teams will get much from these two fixtures. The Liverpool game was a travesty - so whilst it's little consolation - it's not quite as bad as it looks.

I was hoping to be able to say "A couple of wins and it will all look better" but Fulham away and United at home still leave you with a lot to do :-(

seriously? does that account for the fact he constantly plays people out of postion though? we can all moan at Kenwright and the board for the lack of investment, but blue Bill does NOT pick the team, thats down to Moyes

Everybody played in position yesterday - we lack options as we are skint. Yes he has played players out of position e.g. heitinga, cahill, fellaini, hibbert but I'm sure if he had true quality options then they would play. It all comes back to no investment in the playing staff means we don't have the quality cover and more importantly the quality on the pitch. Not moaning at Kenwright, just stating facts.

Still too angry to read through all the comments above - I dont want memories of yesterday afternoon screachin back just yet. Only one thing to say - Moyes, well done for losing us the match. Your ridiculous tactics and insane sub (bringing Neville on at 2-0) were disgraceful. I usually am one to stick up for you but we played will no balls yesterday and bringing on a DM when 2-0 showed your mentality. What chance have any of the players got if the gaffer doesnt think he can win.

Edited by Matt

Well £120 of my money wasted and it is not often I complain about that as I know it is my choice to attend expensive away games. However I am at breaking point watching us playing the top teams and providing no ambition. No away win against Man Utd, Arsenal Chelsea or Liverpool in 50 attempts is no coinicidence, it is a lack of ambition and inept tactics. I really can't believe how people can think we played ok yesterday. I predicted the same tactics as against Man City and although we had a couple more chances yesterday it was basically the same performance. Unbelievably slow when we can break, Saha got the ball a few times but had to hold it up for ten seconds or so (a lifetime in football) before he had any support, Cahill just doesn't get forward enough to support the front man, Coleman has been found out as an attacking player as he runs at brickwalls and we have become fragile at set pieces, mainly due to Howard constantly staying on his line even when the ball is five yards from the goal. Defensive, damage limitation tactics, even at two goals down, spreads lack of ambition across the whole team. I remember when Moyes first came to the club and he mad a bold statement that he was about attacking football, if they score three we score four, well where has that gone as I haven't sen that for a while. Me thinks Moyes has got a new job for Arriva has he loves parking that bus at Stamford Bridge, Anfield, Etihad, the Emirates and Old Trafford. Not happy or vaguely optimistic at present......................however six points out of the next six wil change that.

Everybody played in position yesterday - we lack options as we are skint. Yes he has played players out of position e.g. heitinga, cahill, fellaini, hibbert but I'm sure if he had true quality options then they would play. It all comes back to no investment in the playing staff means we don't have the quality cover and more importantly the quality on the pitch. Not moaning at Kenwright, just stating facts.

how do you work that out? Coleman is not a midfielder, its there for all to see, Osman is not a wide player either, Saha was a striker a few seasons ago but not sure what he is anymore, yet we have a wide player and a hungry striker on the bench who came on a made a difference, Moyes managed to make himself look like a clueless muppet yesterday

Coleman has only ever played as a winger for us really, he had a bad game yesterday so he's not a winger now but he had a stormer vs them last season and he was a winger then! I'd like to see him at rb but he's doing a decent job all the same. Osman has played the majority of his career out wide for us, he's better in the middle but he's got more than enough experience out wide. As for Saha, when fit he is still our best striker, Velios is an emerging talent which will take time - he'll be given his chance but away to Chelsea it's a no brainer. All players seem in strong positions to me - I bet united fans weren't moaning about jones in cm and smalling rb - some players are versatile.

Clueless. Uninterested. No ambition. No threat. No confidence. Predictabe.

And honestly, if i see another fuckin game where our only tactic and/or way forward is hoofing it, im not goin to watch another game until i see a starting line-up that will try to get forward.

I don't think its down to one player but since Barkleys exclusion we've run out of ideas. He always played with his head up and looked for options. Against fulham, i hope to mix things up we see Ross, Drenthe and Vellios starting. Drop the non-performers. Get Johnny on too, drop Jags.

Baines has been defensively poor as of late, he needs a kick up the arse.

Its like we've given up before we've even started. No belief in the players, nor fans atm!

And honestly, if i see another fuckin game where our only tactic and/or way forward is hoofing it, im not goin to watch another game until i see a starting line-up that will try to get forward.

I don't think its down to one player but since Barkleys exclusion we've run out of ideas. He always played with his head up and looked for options. Against fulham, i hope to mix things up we see Ross, Drenthe and Vellios starting. Drop the non-performers. Get Johnny on too, drop Jags.

Its like we've given up before we've even started. No belief in the players, nor fans atm!

Throw bily in there against fulham and hopefull coleman will play right back!!

I agree with everything ten says.

If they keep playing like this the already low attendances will just get worse.

With fulham (home team normally wins) and united coming up we could be looking at five defeats on the bounce. That could cause a serious downer in the squad an in the stands.

I'm getting more and more worried as I think about it.

Not sure its that, im thinking its because Saha has come back in, Skippy is pushed to the centre and Osman, who was putting in MOTM performances in the centre is back on the left.

Not sure its that, im thinking its because Saha has come back in, Skippy is pushed to the centre and Osman, who was putting in MOTM performances in the centre is back on the left.

Vaild point. I don't think Saha suits us anyway, preffered the yak. The more i see of him play with the ball in front of him, back to goal and pass backwards, the more i want to throw something around the room. He is the least attack minded 'Striker' in the league....John Walters as Stoke gets played out of position nearly every week, runs his arse off and actually scores. It annoys the shit out of me.

Cahill has scored in ages, needs dropping. Offers nothing. As mentioned, get the hungry kids on.

It's also safe to safe DM doesn't rate Straq that highly!

That's not the fucking problem, are you stupid or just plain ignorant?

I'm neither, but thanks for trying to offend me.

We were outplayed by the better side, I'm gonna bookmark this thread and bring it up every time Chelsea stonk somebody at the bridge. There's not many teams who are either capable of beating Chelsea in their manor, or playing an attacking game and not getting absolutely slaughtered.

I'm neither, but thanks for trying to offend me.

We were outplayed by the better side, I'm gonna bookmark this thread and bring it up every time Chelsea stonk somebody at the bridge. There's not many teams who are either capable of beating Chelsea in their manor, or playing an attacking game and not getting absolutely slaughtered.

you are missing the point then. We didnt even try, thats why we're so angry. We went there (like we did at Citeh) looking not to concede - i.e. play for a point. - despite having a decent record against them. They had only beaten us once in 5 years or something, right? Well, go and attack them then! Even if you dont think you can win, try for 3 and get 0 rather than try for 1 and get 0. Its all about mentality and Moyes is bringing everyone down with his boring, negative tactics. Ive usually supported him, almost blindly, but even with my optimism, ive had enough of him this season already. Weve not played 1 good game yet.

Edited by Matt

Oh dear. Might as well just roll over every time we play someone 'decent' or away from home then. Not that it doesn't happen anyway, like next week we play fulham away. They don't lose often at home so we might as well not try and score. or play well. or attack. or be of any threat whatsoever. or train the day before. or practice before we go out. or warm up. FUck it, we might as well not turn up.

The point is we didn't mentally. We didn't set ourselves up to play. and we certainly didn't go at Chelsea. It was evident that Chelsea were vunerable in attacks, yet we went backwards every singly time, resulting in a hoofball. The point isn't that we lost, it's that we didn't TRY to win. Unfortunately thats what you gotta do to get some points ;)