IGNORED

Suarez racism against Evra

If it happened to one of 'our' players, and we believed he was guilty only of using the word, but innocent regarding any racial intent, would we not support him? Would we hang him out to dry? I don't find it surprising at all that his club are supporting him.

Avin he called him nigrito look at what it means, it refers to the colour of skin, he wasnt charged with being a racist just using a word that had racial connetations. Hes admited to it how the hell is he innocent?? The fa got together a team headed by a QC to look into this and still people question there findings.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avin he called him nigrito look at what it means, it refers to the colour of skin, he wasnt charged with being a racist just using a word that had racial connetations. Hes admited to it how the hell is he innocent?? The fa got together a team headed by a QC to look into this and still people question there findings.

I didn't say he was innocent bud. I said he 'if' it happened to one of our players etc. I'm fully aware of what Negrito means, and fully aware that it isn't 'necessarily' a racist slur. It's all very difficult to prove.

I didn't say he was innocent bud. I said he 'if' it happened to one of our players etc. I'm fully aware of what Negrito means, and fully aware that it isn't 'necessarily' a racist slur. It's all very difficult to prove.

Soz must have misunderstood what you meant, and i agree its difficult to prove thats why they got the QC involved i suppose. The thing is if i went to live in Dubia id check out whats ok to do and whats not, now for a team like the rs not to give Suarez the low down on our culture baffles me.

If they had come out and said were sorry he didnt know were putting him thru some classes on our culture so it doesnt happen again then i believe there would be a lot more respect shown to them rather than wear those stupid tshirts.

He obviously needs some guidance especially after that and then what he did at Fulham hes and it kills me to say it a great player but must be a little lacking when it comes to common sense.

Soz must have misunderstood what you meant, and i agree its difficult to prove thats why they got the QC involved i suppose. The thing is if i went to live in Dubia id check out whats ok to do and whats not, now for a team like the rs not to give Suarez the low down on our culture baffles me.

If they had come out and said were sorry he didnt know were putting him thru some classes on our culture so it doesnt happen again then i believe there would be a lot more respect shown to them rather than wear those stupid tshirts.

He obviously needs some guidance especially after that and then what he did at Fulham hes and it kills me to say it a great player but must be a little lacking when it comes to common sense.

We're not talking normal here though. What 'we' might do and what a '24 year old footballer earning a gazillion pound a week' might do are probably light years apart. I have a mental image of Dalglish having a 'speech bubble' saying "Louis, about our culture" and a zombiesque Suarez 'thought' bubble saying "Ferrari, mansion, girls, golden boot" etc etc.

We're not talking normal here though. What 'we' might do and what a '24 year old footballer earning a gazillion pound a week' might do are probably light years apart. I have a mental image of Dalglish having a 'speech bubble' saying "Louis, about our culture" and a zombiesque Suarez 'thought' bubble saying "Ferrari, mansion, girls, golden boot" etc etc.

Maybe so Av but there are plenty of campaigns regarding what is accepted racially and the biggest in football is plastered everywhere. I am sure while he pondered his Ferrari, mansion and girls he would have spotted the banners, hoardings etc proclaiming "Let's Kick Racism Out Of Football"

When Duncan Ferguson went to prison for headbutting.........did he say, "everyone down my street does it"!

No he friggin did the time.

It's about time this sympathy crap for Suarez was put to bed.He did it, he's been charged......now just serve the ban and move on.

If you want a laugh, check out a rs forum.......this is all a ploy to stop them getting 4th placelaugh.png

When Duncan Ferguson went to prison for headbutting.........did he say, "everyone down my street does it"!

No he friggin did the time.

It's about time this sympathy crap for Suarez was put to bed.He did it, he's been charged......now just serve the ban and move on.

If you want a laugh, check out a rs forum.......this is all a ploy to stop them getting 4th placelaugh.png

You make Ferguson sound like a martyr. huh.png

Ferguson wasn't a martyr or a good example to use to anybody. He was a thug and a bully. He did the time because he had no choice. He wasn't a hero. Just a thug.

I think they just wanted to make an example of him, was it the first time a professional player was jailed over an on the field incident, as I can't remember any such instance before it, of course the SFA didn't give him the support he needed and as a result turned his back on international soccer, pity really as I would have liked to have seen him play at Euro 96 or even France 98

Ferguson despite this, wasn't really a 'nasty player', you can't really put him in the same brackets as say Harford, Whitehurst or Keane to an extent, Ferguson was intimidating for sure but not what I'd really call a savage on the pitch

He wasn't? huh.png

Can we have some examples of ferguson being a thug or a bully please? He was hot-headed on the football pitch and is a loyal family man off it with a few incidents in his youth that he clearly learned from. Just because he got in a few 'situations' on the football pitch does that automatically make him what you say?

Is Beckham a thug and a bully for kicking Simeone?

Edited by c1982

Can we have some examples of ferguson being a thug or a bully please? He was hot-headed on the football pitch and is a loyal family man off it. Just because he got in a few 'situations' on the football pitch does that automatically make him what you say?

Is Beckham a thug and a bully for kicking Simeone?

Butting a police man? Assaulting a Hearts fan who was on crutches? Assaulting a fisherman in Anstruther? Not to mention his 'on field' bust ups, nor his putting the burglars in hospital.

This is a Suarez thread, but it's my opinion that Ferguson was an absolute thug mate. If you disagree, that's fine.

Edited by Avinalaff

Butting a police man? Assaulting a Hearts fan who was on crutches? Assaulting a fisherman in Anstruther? Not to mention his 'on field' bust ups, nor his putting the burglars in hospital.

4 e.g's all off wiki, all in his youth. Hand on heart did you have these e.g's in your head when you made your initial post?

Ferguson is a hot head who is easy to provoke but his family life, charity work and work he's now doing with the club suggest he is neither a bully nor a thug.

4 e.g's all off wiki, all in his youth. Hand on heart did you have these e.g's in your head when you made your initial post?

Ferguson is a hot head who is easy to provoke but his family life, charity work and work he's now doing with the club suggest he is neither a bully nor a thug.

I didn't get them from Wiki mate.

I just Googled 'Duncan Ferguson Thug' and quoted you an example as per request.

Hand on heart, when I think of Ferguson, the first thing that springs to mind is his hand around a players throat.

I didn't get them from Wiki mate.

I just Googled 'Duncan Ferguson Thug' and quoted you an example as per request.

Hand on heart, when I think of Ferguson, the first thing that springs to mind is his hand around a players throat.

That was my point, you googled for the incidents but your perception came from what you've seen of him on the pitch...

That makes shearer a thug, viera a bully, di canio, prutton, beckham... the list goes on... you seem all for defending people yet have this opinion of one of the most significant Evertonians in the past 2 decades who is now back doing good work (by all accounts) at the club he clearly loves.

Now please google his family life and charity work.

That was my point, you googled for the incidents but your perception came from what you've seen of him on the pitch...

That makes shearer a thug, viera a bully, di canio, prutton, beckham... the list goes on... you seem all for defending people yet have this opinion of one of the most significant Evertonians in the past 2 decades who is now back doing good work (by all accounts) at the club he clearly loves.

Now please google his family life and charity work.

No mate.

I googled examples of his thuggery. We were all Evertonians at the time of the events. It's not 'new' news. Just because I decided to be factual, rather than reminisce, doesn't make him any less guilty at the time.

Be aware that it was my dismay at him being heralded in a 'did the time' fashion, as opposed to looking to have a go at the lad. He's no angel, but he's definitely not to be praised either for his goings on. I'm not that sure he was as significant to us as you say either. Had he not been a head case, I'm sure he would have been fairly mediocre.

I'm not that sure he was as significant to us as you say either. Had he not been a head case, I'm sure he would have been fairly mediocre.

He was clearly our best/main player in a very poor period in our clubs history. Anyone who attended games in the mid 90's at GP will appreciate big dunc's significance. At times he was the only thing to sing about!!!

Ferguson stood up to men that bullies wouldn't deal with - he actually sorted bullies. Of course he was hot headed, that's the way he was - he wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't try and be anything other than what he is.

I know first hand the gent that he is. I can't be arsed getting into defending him, people can say what they like about his antics. He wasn't a snide - he didn't try getting players sent off, he didn't feign injuries, bite or spit. If someone got harsh treatment off him - chances were they asked for it.

Ferguson stood up to men that bullies wouldn't deal with - he actually sorted bullies. Of course he was hot headed, that's the way he was - he wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't try and be anything other than what he is.

I know first hand the gent that he is. I can't be arsed getting into defending him, people can say what they like about his antics. He wasn't a snide - he didn't try getting players sent off, he didn't feign injuries, bite or spit. If someone got harsh treatment off him - chances were they asked for it.

Oh purleeeeeease .... next he'll be a caped crusader fighting evil on a white stallion. laugh.png

Steffen Freund was hardly a bully.

Edited by Avinalaff

Ferguson wore his heart on his sleave, when he was violent or over stepped the mark he served his time be that in jail or on the sideline.

He certainly never hid behind his tee shirt wearing team mates or his two faced manager.

Ferguson never hid, gave 100% and I'm pretty sure had too much pride to dive and I can't remember him feining injury either (not really his style)....if he stayed down he was usually hurt.

Suarez, feins injury, dives and has been declared a racist......GUILTY.Yet you still get dip sticks making him out to be a martyrwacko.png

avin i know what you said,so when he stops playing football hes no longer a thug,i dont think thugs just stop overnight.

What he does now is out of the public eye somewhat Patto.

I appreciate it that he might be a legend in some eyes, but for me, I just remember a nutter. If he's set about putting things right then good on him, but that doesn't change what he did.

must say avin i hate the way you dismiss what people say cos you disagree with them...haf was givin his own opinion of how he knew the guy..you don't know how well haf knew him or whatever yet you're just like that with him..sarcy and dismissive..it's tiresome man it really is..isn't the first time i've seen it either

must say avin i hate the way you dismiss what people say cos you disagree with them...haf was givin his own opinion of how he knew the guy..you don't know how well haf knew him or whatever yet you're just like that with him..sarcy and dismissive..it's tiresome man it really is..isn't the first time i've seen it either

Just my style matey. I think I might have BPD. Not much I can do until I get diagnosed and treated.

Ferguson was not a bully and I find it strange that someone on an Everton forum would spend so much time and effort trying to put down one of the great legends that we have had at this club. Ferguson was a hot-headed guy and there is no argument about that but when meeting him off pitch it's obvious what a nice guy the man really is. Sure he's been involved in one or two incidents on the pitch but people have been asking for it (for example - Scharner insulted him in his language) and along with that point name me someone that hasn't been involved in an incident; Roy Keane, Steven Gerrard, Anthony Hutton... the list is endless and it will continue to grow for as long as football is being played in this country.

Duncan was a fanstastic footballer and I find it quite sad that someone is trying to put him down like they are doing given what he has done for our beloved club.

So if a burglar came into your house you woulden't attack them? Give me a break.

Ferguson was not a bully and I find it strange that someone on an Everton forum would spend so much time and effort trying to put down one of the great legends that we have had at this club. Ferguson was a hot-headed guy and there is no argument about that but when meeting him off pitch it's obvious what a nice guy the man really is. Sure he's been involved in one or two incidents on the pitch but people have been asking for it (for example - Scharner insulted him in his language) and along with that point name me someone that hasn't been involved in an incident; Roy Keane, Steven Gerrard, Anthony Hutton... the list is endless and it will continue to grow for as long as football is being played in this country.

Duncan was a fanstastic footballer and I find it quite sad that someone is trying to put him down like they are doing given what he has done for our beloved club.

So if a burglar came into your house you woulden't attack them? Give me a break.

Couldn't really care if you think it's quite sad mate. It's my opinion, and I thought the guy was a thug. Get over it.

Keene was a thug too, as was Gerrard. Do you think because we're Everton we only have saints? If there was a poll of the games top 20 thugs, Ferguson would be in it.