IGNORED

Pienaar

Got a feeling that this saga is going to drag on for some time yet. I can't see this being sorted out before the transfer window closes, maybe he'll leave in January, maybe he's waiting to see how well we start the season and if we've got any chance of winning anything this year. I'm a bit bored of it all now to be honest, I wouldn't be bothered if he went now, as long as we got enough money for a decent replacement; and if we lose him on a free next year, then so be it.

If he goes in Jan, we'll get peanuts for him.

;)

Are they trying to cause shit in the camp? Everton have obviously offered him a good whack and he's turned it down because he's being a greedy bastard. The reason why his agent says that Everton aren't acting quickly, is because they don't want to see him earn £80,00 a week....because he ain't no L'oreal...he ain't worth it!

His agent really is taking the piss! I honestly dont believe Pienaar wants to leave but he has some dickhead agent in his ear everyday trying to tell him how much Everton dont care about him and about how many other 'better & richer' clubs would be able to pay him loads more and that he would be a star player, even though in reality if he went to most of the clubs mentioned he probably wouldnt be a nailed down starter!

It would be interesting to see what salary he wants. He should be up their with our top earners but has yet to deserve to be on par with the very top earner (Arteta). I'd hate to lose him but at the end of the day I don't want the club to have another 75k-a-week player on the books. That's around £600k every month on just two players. Madness!

Surely Pienaar is a player who has proved he deserves a similar wage deal to Arteta.

i agress - similar but not the same. He is very nearly as important but not quite. Arteta has earned his wage by proving how important he has been for us over many years now, Pienaar has had a great 2 years. So close, but not the same.

My fear though is if we give Pienaar near-parity, it wont be long til some of the others all start expecting the same, then can we afford it?

if we can get Pienaar tied down and he is the last "signing" I would be happy and think weve had an excellent summer. Wouldve been nice to get the big marquee signing but its not the end of the world if we dont....

Edited by galacticaracnid

We wanted to sort a deal before the world cup did we not? Oh yes, I have the resounding feeling he loves us and wanted to sign. Nope, my guess is he wants ball park pay with arteta, 55k and that's it, sign or go.

I'm sure we did but none of us know the details of that deal offered. If he sits out this year someone will pay him a lot more than what we're offering him with a huge signing on fee. Most footballers seem greedy over paid tits but we're the tits who pay their wages, I for one believe pienaar loves the club and genuinely wants to stay and repay us/moyes for showing faith in him. He could come out and say he's leaving for free next summer - he hasn't - I hope we can negotiate a deal 'fair' for the club and pienaar.

I tell you what is a fair deal, having a god given talent that enables you to move to Europe when most friends end up in prison or worse, then when your career hits the rocks a prem club is prepared to take a chance on you, then offer what is likely to be a deal worth over 50k a week till you are 32. 10m quid on top of what has already been amassed ain't a bad deal now is it? If fair means arteta is the benchmark I would say 80% of what he is on at the very most, 60k. Pienaar may have more workrate, he ain't quite got that same level of magic, still a great player.

just been on SSN as well, 6m, Twitchy Harry at it again! never appears to 'find' a player, always goes for players 'scouted' or brought on by rival teams,Twat!. That said, Pienaar should piss or get of the pot! either sign up or fuck off, I for one, am totally fed up with the whole saga, he is a greedy, money grabbing little ncut, this is the problem with the world of football,take a no nothing, nobody, with no prospect of every being any more than a toilet cleaned at best, who then finds he can play a game, pay them ridiculus wages, an suddenly he is a super star, who does not give a fuck who gives him a chance to make a name for himself, to resurect his career, all he wants is the cash. well sell the little prick! we are Everton, we have survived without tossers like him before and we can do it again! rant over!

I tell you what is a fair deal, having a god given talent that enables you to move to Europe when most friends end up in prison or worse, then when your career hits the rocks a prem club is prepared to take a chance on you, then offer what is likely to be a deal worth over 50k a week till you are 32. 10m quid on top of what has already been amassed ain't a bad deal now is it? If fair means arteta is the benchmark I would say 80% of what he is on at the very most, 60k. Pienaar may have more workrate, he ain't quite got that same level of magic, still a great player.

That sounds an amazing deal to any of us £50k a year would do me but it's all relative - £50k is not a fair deal if say Yobo's on £45k, Pienaar's worth more and is a lot more important to the current/future EFC than Yobo (although he's been great). £50k isn't fair when other clubs are prepared to offer £100k. You've got to remember this is his job - he's not an Evertonian in the sense of us on here, he seems happy to stay as long as he gets a deal similar to Mikky so say he gets £70k a week he's still showing his loyalty to us by waiving the extra £30k+ he could get elsewhere.

£70k a week works out at about £3.5m a year - £17.5m over a 5yr deal - the question is how much would it cost to replace pienaar over the next 5 years? and is pienaar worth £17.5m? (Man.City thought Lescock was worth £24m!!!)

That sounds an amazing deal to any of us £50k a year would do me but it's all relative - £50k is not a fair deal if say Yobo's on £45k, Pienaar's worth more and is a lot more important to the current/future EFC than Yobo (although he's been great). £50k isn't fair when other clubs are prepared to offer £100k. You've got to remember this is his job - he's not an Evertonian in the sense of us on here, he seems happy to stay as long as he gets a deal similar to Mikky so say he gets £70k a week he's still showing his loyalty to us by waiving the extra £30k+ he could get elsewhere.

£70k a week works out at about £3.5m a year - £17.5m over a 5yr deal - the question is how much would it cost to replace pienaar over the next 5 years? and is pienaar worth £17.5m? (Man.City thought Lescock was worth £24m!!!)

completely agree with most of that, though not sure where this 100k is coming from. We wont get someone as good as Pienaar without spending 15m+ then wages unless we are lucky again and he probably knows it. 65-70k is fair, like you say considering this job, and if he continues to perform consistantly well (more of last years form please!) he will earn parity with Arteta in the next 2 years.

I would change 'seems' to 'says he is' though, only his agent has said anything to the contrary...

completely agree with most of that, though not sure where this 100k is coming from. We wont get someone as good as Pienaar without spending 15m+ then wages unless we are lucky again and he probably knows it. 65-70k is fair, like you say considering this job, and if he continues to perform consistantly well (more of last years form please!) he will earn parity with Arteta in the next 2 years.

I would change 'seems' to 'says he is' though, only his agent has said anything to the contrary...

If he went to Citeh I'd imagine he'd be on at least £100k a week considering they were rumoured to be willing to pay Ibra £500k a week and supposidely pay Y.Toure £240k a week!!!

If he went to Citeh I'd imagine he'd be on at least £100k a week considering they were rumoured to be willing to pay Ibra £500k a week and supposidely pay Y.Toure £240k a week!!!

hadnt seen the Citeh rumours for him (or just dismissed them as crappy journalism) but wouldnt surprise me! Arsenal would only offer him 80k if im correct as they have a wage cap, not sure about Spurs though. Theyre another bunch with more money than sense!

As for Ibra, 500k?! I thought Toure was bad enough!