IGNORED

Rodwell to be called up for Senior England squad

FairWooney

apparently Rodwell is getting called up to the England senior squad this week

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/119418.html

bit surprised really, though he's looked much better since having a run of games in the same position and seems to be gaining confidence I certainly wouldn't say he's done anything to merit being in the England squad.

I suppose Capello likes a tidy player that passes it around and good to see him thinking about future players.

Would do Rodwell's confidence plenty of good anyway.

Thoughts?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could it be that fabio saw him against silva and thought he did a good job?

i think i saw somewhere that his pass completion for the season so far is 88%, when parker and barry are getting on a bit he could be a good holding player for england. just someone to sit back and take the ball when needed and keep posession.

I think rodwell could start against sweden, but i think he will find it tough against the likes of elm and källström.

I hope elm stars, it will give you the chance to see him. Remember from a few years back that he was quite close to signing for everton. Apparently arsenal are now interested at around 13,5 mil pounds. He has had a cracking year so far.

Osman deserves a crack in my opinion. So does Hibbert. You have to be a certain gobshite to play for England regularly. Is Rodwell a big enough gobshite?

at their ages they wont get a call up.

i dont think osman has been in good form this season, not a patch on the end of last season.

hopefully england go more towards the younger players and get the gobshites out.

I think rodwell could start against sweden, but i think he will find it tough against the likes of elm and källström.

I hope elm stars, it will give you the chance to see him. Remember from a few years back that he was quite close to signing for everton. Apparently arsenal are now interested at around 13,5 mil pounds. He has had a cracking year so far.

That was another good example of Moyes spotting talent early, but not having the funds to get it.

But if the press have decided it's time then it'll probably happen....think they actually pick the squad rather than the manager.

I think you may well be right. I hope he doesnt start getting over-hyped again, because he has played really well in these last few games and he has started to live up to the reputation that came with him as a sixteen year old.

a lot of ginger bashing lately! we do get mad you know! red%20hair%20DM.gif

we do have souls

I think its fair to say gingers are one of the most marginalised sections of society. Someone should get the EU to take a look at the appalling treatment of ginger people

Edited by codders78

no one should get the EU to do anything! a massive waste of lots and lots of money.

Gingers just need to man up. some says "you've got red hair" i just used to say "yes, i have"

"red head" "i noticed"

"ginger" "i do have a mirror"

though once a girl in school called me red head, i called her black head (not recist she had black hair) and she got so upset coz she was spotty and i got detention!

on topic.

after a bit of thinking i really think he could be good in the england squad, as haf says it would suit his game.

Well done to the lad... BUT the standard worries are there still.

1) Are there any pricks in the squad that are going to try and turn his head.

2) Hopefully he plays and no injuries.

Hopefully Baines will baby sit him and fend the nob heads away. They're welcome to turn Jags head though.. maybe towards a run rather than just the football.