IGNORED

England

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We'll lose to Columbia now:lol:. Seriously though if we were somehow to beat them and one of the Sw teams I thing Croatia will take us out in the semi, they are seriously impressive.

I actually think Colombia is the best team left on your side of the bracket, shame you meet them this early. 

55 minutes ago, holystove said:

I actually think Colombia is the best team left on your side of the bracket, shame you meet them this early. 

Would you rather Belgium meet them I think you meant clad your meeting them so early and not Belgium 😀

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Would you rather Belgium meet them I think you meant clad your meeting them so early and not Belgium 😀

England has to get past Colombia, and probably Switzerland and Croatia. Belgium have to beat Japan, and probably Brazil and France.

England will only have to play one other tournament favourite, in the final.   France, Brazil, Uruguay and Belgium all have to go through eachother.

If the price for your path to final is Colombia as first game in the last 16, I'd happily pay it.

9 hours ago, holystove said:

Spain losing route to final wide open for England.

Losing to Belgium could be the deciding move of this tournament 😉

I actually have England in the final (losing to Belgium), but the path sure got easier. Today was a good day to be a Slavic GK in a PK shootout, dang!

9 hours ago, holystove said:

Agree, if England just just win the first game, the rest of the way to the final get easier.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

We'll lose to Columbia now:lol:. Seriously though if we were somehow to beat them and one of the Sw teams I thing Croatia will take us out in the semi, they are seriously impressive.

It’s kind of absurd how underrated Croatia are. Two players from Real, two from Inter, two from Juventus, one from Barca, one from Atletico and a host of players who play for top 3 teams in their respective leagues, from Turkey to Ukraine to Russia and Germany. From top to bottom, they’re probably the most impressive squad left in the tournament.

Thought Croatia looked pretty poor against the Danes definitely no better than us as a side imo 

Columbia will be a tougher task than expecteded but get past them and on paper it looks favourable, I don't think I'll see a World Cup pan out in my lifetime as favourably for us it has the makings of Leicesters title winning season all over it 

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

It’s kind of absurd how underrated Croatia are. Two players from Real, two from Inter, two from Juventus, one from Barca, one from Atletico and a host of players who play for top 3 teams in their respective leagues, from Turkey to Ukraine to Russia and Germany. From top to bottom, they’re probably the most impressive squad left in the tournament.

I don’t think many have better central midfield options. Spain, Germany and Belgium maybe but their midfield will dominate most (despite being disappointing yesterday).

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Given everything that has happened when talking about the easier or harder route we should be adding *on paper* because reality is proving to be a different from the expectation!

Very true it's been the best major tournament in my life time possibly bar Euro 96...so far

Goals major upsets no trouble with fans (yet) got to hand it to Russia they've put on a great show so far 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Given everything that has happened when talking about the easier or harder route we should be adding *on paper* because reality is proving to be a different from the expectation!

True, it's like a Belgium-England final may not be possible....due to Japan!

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I think I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so.

Drummer on that was a mate of mine at school and more recently we've chatted over t'interweb (mentioned the connection on here before); he's also now a Labour politician who sadly came third in the 2017 election in Guildford but if I live to 600 the Tories will hold the place:lol:. Hoping he gets a more winnable constituency in the future. 

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Drummer on that was a mate of mine at school and more recently we've chatted over t'interweb (mentioned the connection on here before); he's also now a Labour politician who sadly came third in the 2017 election in Guildford but if I live to 600 the Tories will hold the place:lol:. Hoping he gets a more winnable constituency in the future. 

The Vapors weren't 2 of them brothers very catchy still play it occasionally one of those tunes that takes you back to more carefree times.

Do they still tour ?.

Honestly, England have not impressed me at all. It took a last-gasp goal to beat lowly Tunisia, they were lucky against Panama (who gave up after the penalty that made it 2-0), and they lost against the Belgium Second 11 (and, yes, I know it was the England Second 11). Anyway, England have a record to live up to: go out on penalties.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Honestly, England have not impressed me at all. It took a last-gasp goal to beat lowly Tunisia, they were lucky against Panama (who gave up after the penalty that made it 2-0), and they lost against the Belgium Second 11 (and, yes, I know it was the England Second 11). Anyway, England have a record to live up to: go out on penalties.

😈Lucifer

10 hours ago, Ghoat said:

Rom's finishing just wasn't there today, but that dummy at the end...oh my!

That took some balls as well. 

Its also interesting that the guys Martinez was derided for picking are popping up with game goals... Janusaj, Fellaini, Chadli.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I disagree.  First game of a World Cup for a young-ish team is always difficult, I'm sure they were all nervous.  If Lingard had finished half his changes in that first half, it would have been game over for Tunisia at half time.   Second game England completely destroyed Panama.    Against Belgium, I'm sure they were instructed that winning wasn't a priority.

After the first round, I thought Belgium and England were the two best teams so far.  Now, for me, its Brasil and France.  If England beat Columbia, they join those two as clear favourites.

57 minutes ago, Matt said:

Harry Kane just should not try and look the hard man (he’s on the back of one of the papers shown in the BBC gossip column). Just makes him look dim, and it feels completely against his character

As soon as he opens his mouth any hardman image would be quickly forgotten anyway :lol: 

Today should be a Colombia free day check your coffee ☕️ doesn’t come from Colombia  check your bananas 🍌 don’t come from Columbia, and the hardest one for a lot of you to stick to is no Charlie that definitely comes from Colombia .

Follow this rule and we definitely win.