IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I think he'd be nuts to leave

Don't think he'll get an opportunity like this again. Take it while his stock is high - a mid table Leicester season next season (which I expect) and most will forget about him.

Can see Kante leaving this summer too.

Don't think he'll get an opportunity like this again. Take it while his stock is high - a mid table Leicester season next season (which I expect) and most will forget about him.

Can see Kante leaving this summer too.

its logical I guess

gary lineker "stay with the champions vardy, don't join the perennial also-rans"

i agree with gary. arsenal will again lead the league and again end up 3-4. it is their destiny.

Top 3-4 will potentially extend Vardy's Champions League and England career.

Leicester / Vardy have agreed to a realistic release clause on a recently signed contract - there's obviously at least one side open to this. Equally it could be Leicester cashing in while his stock is high.

I think I'm just too sentimental. Like Mark says, if he goes he's likely to disappear into obscurity. But that's not the point for me; I'd like him to stay and try and defend the title rather than go for a payoff. It's just the right thing to do

gary lineker "stay with the champions vardy, don't join the perennial also-rans"

i agree with gary. arsenal will again lead the league and again end up 3-4. it is their destiny.

It may be they will end up 4 -5. Don't forget we will be in the mix next season.

I think Vardy should stay at Leicester. He requires a particular style of play which he gets at Leicester. Lots of long through balls which anticipate his runs. He wont get that at Arsenal where he will have to fit into a different system. Arsenal aren't going to change their system for him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...