IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Every touch Kane has gives the ball away.

Alli not really in the game but pops up with two crucial headers, lovely movement for the 2nd but it's terrible defending. Definite China in the armour between Azpilicueta and Moses. Struggling to keep a flat line and not picking up the right men.

Chelsea are looking dangerous though, but 2 goals will be difficult against this Spurs side.

Credit to Pochettino for matching their formation and targeting the right CB and WB.

Alli not really in the game but pops up with two crucial headers, lovely movement for the 2nd but it's terrible defending. Definite China in the armour between Azpilicueta and Moses. Struggling to keep a flat line and not picking up the right men.

Chelsea are looking dangerous though, but 2 goals will be difficult against this Spurs side.

Credit to Pochettino for matching their formation and targeting the right CB and WB.

Kane 74% pass completion as it stands.

5 ball recoveries which is only 2 behind wanyama. 2 out of 2 tackles won.... wanyama leading on 4 out of 4.

He does a good job for the team. Works his balls off.

Edited by Hafnia

he's looked awful to me as well. if they had a proper CF like Costa they'd win the league. works just as hard but can score and link up well.

Edited by markjazzbassist

he's looked awful to me as well. if they had a proper CF like Costa they'd win the league. works just as hard but can score and link up well.

Rather than one that has scored 59 goals in 97 games whilst working hard for the team?

His movement is top fookin class. Watch their back line... he drags them all over the place.

I would go as far to say his movement is only behind that of suarez and Aguero that I have seen in the prem in the last few years. Clever as you like.

Edited by Hafnia

Rather than one that has scored 59 goals in 97 games whilst working hard for the team?

His movement is top fookin class. Watch their back line... he drags them all over the place.

I would go as far to say his movement is only behind that of suarez and Aguero that I have seen in the prem in the last few years. Clever as you like.

every time he had the ball in the final third he passed to Chelsea or was dispossessed. before the match I didn't have an opinion on the guy, I was rooting for spurs. but after watching so many attacks end with him I was really unimpressed. he works hard and does press and defends well, I won't take that away from him, just thought his link up play and movement with the ball was terrible.

every time he had the ball in the final third he passed to Chelsea or was dispossessed. before the match I didn't have an opinion on the guy, I was rooting for spurs. but after watching so many attacks end with him I was really unimpressed. he works hard and does press and defends well, I won't take that away from him, just thought his link up play and movement with the ball was terrible.

He had 66% pass completion in the end. Not great but not as bad as we have seen from some.

He does so much for the team - very selfless. Even if he doesn't score he drags players all over the show. For allis first goal he split the 2 centre halves. He makes sure he diverts attention.

Chelsea like to play the ball out from the back... he penned them in.

John terry highlighted just how good his movement is...

Don't get the current obsession with "pass completion". Totally meaningless for me, guy playing twenty five yard passes in a game can get 100% while another attempting half a dozen twenty yard defence splitters can get 50% and could get two assists. But 100% is better :dont know:.

Daft and pointless stat

Don't get the current obsession with "pass completion". Totally meaningless for me, guy playing twenty five yard passes in a game can get 100% while another attempting half a dozen twenty yard defence splitters can get 50% and could get two assists. But 100% is better :dont know:.

Daft and pointless stat

Exactly that. He was controlling the ball in space, had time to look up and play the pass etc and was ballsing it up. He was really poor but at the same time he is better than that and it was a bad day.

He was finding space though in fairness.

When that happens it's because they haven't got the brains to play. Not sure it's the cure.

hes got the brains to play, just not DC. Seems the managers are the ones who need the brains to understand this.

We've seen a few defenders start as defensive mids early in their career, Stones should follow the same path in my opinion

He could probably do with playing in a Defensive team under defensive manager to get those basics back under control.

I don't think people realise how exposed defenders can be playing at teams that play like we did and how Pep plays. That's why we made so many individual errors and conceded and he could really do with moving away from that pressure and start playing in a team that play narrow, compact and with a proper DCM.

It would negate his main asset a little but he could do with a season or two being less exposed. It's certainly a style he can play in the future and be one of the best centre halves in the world but he needs to go back to the basics. Or he could maybe move abroad?