IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Spurs have wasted 3 or 4 really good opportunities this half plus the penalty shout.

United should have gone ahead but Spurs should be out of sight. Whats worse for Spurs is that most of these opportunites havent even ended in shots so Poch will be going mad. Expect Kane to be shooting from half way second half.

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

The same ref that sent Jagielka off vs Wolves deemed Kane’s almost carbon copy challenge a yellow card...

For the record, I don’t think either challenge should have been red carded.

Probably helps that Kane is a golden boy. Kind of like when Shearer kicked Neil Lennon in the head and fuck all happened. 

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Man U could have saved themselves many millions by signing Dembélé when they wanted him (just before he joined Spurs) - class player. To think Fellaini cost double, Fred more than treble and Pogba six times more is ridiculous!

They could have saved themselves a whole lot of heartache by not signing subpar centre halves like Smalling, Jones and Lindelof. 

A team wanting to win the league with centre-backs like that is just hilarious. 

That Bailly had a shocker vs Brighton but for him not to be in the squad today is mad. He looked top quality last season and as pointed out, they’re not exactly blessed in that position - what’s happened there? I think Mourinho’s losing the plot again - oh didums!!!

United are poor.   They look like a 6th-8th  at very best. 

Compare the players to the ones under SAF - only De Gea gets in his side.  Pogba and Lukaku cost £180m+  between them... they are more interested in their social media profile. They have collected £20m+ players like nothing I've seen. 

Lukaku as I've said will be all pipe and slippers this season. Looks about 7kg overweight and that open goal miss was a shocker - on his weaker foot or not he had a 4 metre slot to aim at. 

Their club lacks leaders. 

20 minutes ago, hafnia said:

United are poor.   They look like a 6th-8th  at very best. 

Compare the players to the ones under SAF - only De Gea gets in his side.  Pogba and Lukaku cost £180m+  between them... they are more interested in their social media profile. They have collected £20m+ players like nothing I've seen. 

Lukaku as I've said will be all pipe and slippers this season. Looks about 7kg overweight and that open goal miss was a shocker - on his weaker foot or not he had a 4 metre slot to aim at. 

Their club lacks leaders. 

And for balance the miss of the game went to Kane. Back post free header. 

Personally don't think it was a shocker film Lukaku, you'll see every striker in the league do that this season. Frustrating none the less. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

And for balance the miss of the game went to Kane. Back post free header. 

Personally don't think it was a shocker film Lukaku, you'll see every striker in the league do that this season. Frustrating none the less. 

If he was playing for United and was part of the culture that I see as to why they just aren't winner's anymore then I would mention it.

The reality is he's missed a sitter yet still scored and had a highly effective game leading the line brilliantly.  The lad is mentally strong as fook. 

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

That Bailly had a shocker vs Brighton but for him not to be in the squad today is mad. He looked top quality last season and as pointed out, they’re not exactly blessed in that position - what’s happened there? I think Mourinho’s losing the plot again - oh didums!!!

He was hit and miss last season too I thought but he us still their best defender along with probably just about Smalling. Jones doesnt really have any positives about him and Lindelof needs to leave. Playing Herera as the right CB or RB was just odd. Almost like Mourinho was trying to be clever.

The slightly crazy thing about that Utd side is how many of those players signed/managed since Fergie left have actually improved the first 11? 

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"We worked all week and from the tactical point of view we didn't lose, but we lost the game.":huh:

Barking mad.

I find it mad that he would change a system that dramatically before a massive game. A week isnt long enough to work on something like that especially with new players coming in who havent played this season and with a central midfielder as part of the back 4 or 5. 

I still dont know what position Fred was playing, nor Pogba. It was a complete mess. 

i called it before the season, he has a certain lifespan and i knew this was it.  he will be fired before the season is out, they will finish 6-10th place.  i bet they go all out for pochettino but what they should  be doing is firing ed woodward, that guy has single handedly gifted every team in the premiership a chance against united.  under SAF and their previous guy (david gill) they bought cheaper players from domestic or abroad and he molded them into his team.  Woodward buys pogba, lukaku, etc. and then hopes it's brazil in the 70's where they are all worldies regardless of tactics.

let's hope they keep ed for our sake, to keep gifting us a shitty united side.

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i called it before the season, he has a certain lifespan and i knew this was it.  he will be fired before the season is out, they will finish 6-10th place.  i bet they go all out for pochettino but what they should  be doing is firing ed woodward, that guy has single handedly gifted every team in the premiership a chance against united.  under SAF and their previous guy (david gill) they bought cheaper players from domestic or abroad and he molded them into his team.  Woodward buys pogba, lukaku, etc. and then hopes it's brazil in the 70's where they are all worldies regardless of tactics.

let's hope they keep ed for our sake, to keep gifting us a shitty united side.

He'll be out before September is done at this rate. 

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Not mine the man is the football whisperer he will turn them into worldies.  Did you see ateltico destroy his replacement in the super cup?  Also I don’t think zidane wants to manager them, I think he wants the French team or Marseille.

reports over here the last few weeks have him wanting it. He's far too big for Marseille. Its a strange one, where ever he ends up is a step down from Madrid now.

7 minutes ago, aaron said:

reports over here the last few weeks have him wanting it. He's far too big for Marseille. Its a strange one, where ever he ends up is a step down from Madrid now.

Yeah but marseille is his boyhood club so he would be doing it for love and a project to bring them back to prominence. 

Shit there are reports he wants United?  He will have Lukaku scoring hat tricks every game.  I don’t know what he says to those guys but Madrid’s confidence under him was boundless.  Very good tactics too, like the dismantling of Liverpool.  

44 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah but marseille is his boyhood club so he would be doing it for love and a project to bring them back to prominence. 

Shit there are reports he wants United?  He will have Lukaku scoring hat tricks every game.  I don’t know what he says to those guys but Madrid’s confidence under him was boundless.  Very good tactics too, like the dismantling of Liverpool.  

You mean paying Karius?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

You mean paying Karius?

a lot more than that matt, he knew they love to counter in the space behind the backline, he made sure his backline was well prepped and able to deal with that.  i have nothing but the highest regard for Zidane, hell of a player, hell of a manager, he is skilled beyond belief.  the man is a legend.  not to mention, he is humble and does not draw attention to himself, doesn't throw players under the bus, he is CLASS as it gets in an era where there is no class.  I do not want him at United, i love the man and it would ruin him for me.

46 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

a lot more than that matt, he knew they love to counter in the space behind the backline, he made sure his backline was well prepped and able to deal with that.  i have nothing but the highest regard for Zidane, hell of a player, hell of a manager, he is skilled beyond belief.  the man is a legend.  not to mention, he is humble and does not draw attention to himself, doesn't throw players under the bus, he is CLASS as it gets in an era where there is no class.  I do not want him at United, i love the man and it would ruin him for me.

I was being facetious mate ;) 

bar one moment of madness, I completely agree with you