IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I have a niece who has cerebral palsy, she is 21 been wheelchair bound all her life with very limited movement of her upper body and arms, she can’t talk but she never stops smiling she’s a beautiful person. Why are there so many cruel idiots in this world that find it funny to emotionally hurt people with disabilities when they should be acknowledging their efforts for not being afraid of trying to overcome their disabilities and living life to the full. 

A friend of ours has a child with cerebral palsy, he has been the victim of bullying in school.  I seriously want to punch the teenagers who do it, vile.  

21 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Spurs 3-0 down inside 33 minutes against Arsenal, you feel already that Nuno is massively up against it to do anything with this side. They look so, so lethargic. 

Shocking that, if things stay like this, Arsenal will finish the weekend ahead of Spurs. When you look at where they both were after the first 3 match days, don't think anyone would've seen that coming.

Despite dispatching Spurs, I am still not sure about Arsenal.

I had the feeling during the game that if Spurs had scored earlier, or at 1-0 or 2-0 then Arsenal would have wobbled.

There is something very rotten about that Spurs side. To play like that under a new manager, who is clearly competent must be worrying their fans. At least with our dodgy managers, it took them 6 months or more before the roof fell in!

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Despite dispatching Spurs, I am still not sure about Arsenal.

I had the feeling during the game that if Spurs had scored earlier, or at 1-0 or 2-0 then Arsenal would have wobbled.

There is something very rotten about that Spurs side. To play like that under a new manager, who is clearly competent must be worrying their fans. At least with our dodgy managers, it took them 6 months or more before the roof fell in!

I agree, a couple of decent results and suddenly Arteta's "the new Wenger" from being sacking material. Press are so fickle it's laughable.

On 03/10/2021 at 15:56, dunlopp9987 said:

Goddamn I just love Brentford

Been keeping my eyes on then for few years, saw something about them think it was from BBC regional news and for some reason it was London instead of NW news about the business model of the club and around planning the new stadium, I think they have reached PL a year ahead of long term plan.

As I've been watching them in Championship(League Division 2) they play really good entertaining football, they buy and sell VERY well, and I think Thomas Franck is the next "big6" manager, he would have been my choice for us.

I've got £20 with a red mate that they finish top 10 who I told boldly told at start of season Brentford have no worries about relegation, and took already £20 off as I had £10 brentford and the draw and £10 they'd score at least 2 againt the RS.

Though top 10 will be a tough ask for Brentford, I fairly confident in them to be there or thereabouts.

23 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Forest Green Rovers 0 Swindon 2. FGR must be in the most picturesque location in the league but getting out takes forever! 

Were you there Gwlad? My brother was, FGR fan but said it was a good game and Swindon were just the better team.

Heard on the radio earlier that their ground is at the highest elevation of any in the country.

21 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Were you there Gwlad? My brother was, FGR fan but said it was a good game and Swindon were just the better team.

Heard on the radio earlier that their ground is at the highest elevation of any in the country.

I haven’t been to their new ground but years ago went to their old ground which from memory was in the middle of a housing estate, a lad who worked for me was playing for Yeovil Town and the reserves were playing in the the same league as Rovers.