IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I think they need to keep him. They have a good run of games against other teams that leak goals. It looks like they created chances today.

Unless there is a manager around that can build upon how Bielsa's teams play, I think anyone coming in and trying to change that style will cause as many problems as they solve. 

23 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Will that man ever not have a job available??! Fuck me

The situation may have changed since then but I hope that's what happens. It'll be quite the shock to the players' system if that's the direction they go in - I don't think there are enough games left for them to be able to completely change their way of thinking and playing.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

Great decision bringing on Arrizabalaga for the shoot-out Chelsea😂

For obvious reasons I didn't want Liverpool to win but after getting near none of the 11 penalties against him, I turned to the wife and said I hoped Kepa would balloon his penalty, just for the sheer hilarity of it all. You just couldn't write it, fantastic stuff 🤣.

For what it's worth, Mendy was hands down Chelsea's MOTM yesterday, so it makes the decision to replace him all the more questionable IMO, despite it working in the Club World Cup and being done in other sides (Netherlands in the World Cup comes to mind) I just don't get it - in the moment you could see it wouldn't work.

On 27/02/2022 at 14:50, Sibdane said:

I actually don’t want Marsch to go there in their current state. They should’ve just stuck with Biesla. 

I thought that Marsch came across very well in his initial interview, but time will tell how he adapts to managing in the Premier League and stepping into the shoes of someone who was (and still is) adored in the city.

I think that the stigma surrounding an American coach in England will be a massive hurdle for him too, a bit like when Bob Bradley signed for Swansea and got ripped to shreds for calling a penalty a "PK". There's already comparisons to Ted Lasso knocking about, and it'll only increase unless he can get points on the board and silence his critics.

20 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I thought that Marsch came across very well in his initial interview, but time will tell how he adapts to managing in the Premier League and stepping into the shoes of someone who was (and still is) adored in the city.

I think that the stigma surrounding an American coach in England will be a massive hurdle for him too, a bit like when Bob Bradley signed for Swansea and got ripped to shreds for calling a penalty a "PK". There's already comparisons to Ted Lasso knocking about, and it'll only increase unless he can get points on the board and silence his critics.

I'll be hoping he does well enough to stay up with them as long as it's not at the expense of Everton. The Tad Lasso comparisons were bound to happen. 

On a separate note, I now know not to call it a "PK" anymore. 🤣 Didn't realize that was taboo.

11 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

10 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I'll be hoping he does well enough to stay up with them as long as it's not at the expense of Everton. The Tad Lasso comparisons were bound to happen. 

On a separate note, I now know not to call it a "PK" anymore. 🤣 Didn't realize that was taboo.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/mar/01/jesse-marsch-leeds-united-manager-football-premier-league

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even I have no idea what Bradley means by these phrases: 

Brad Bobley, as the character was dubbed, spoke in a Stateside twang about “scoop-de-loop volleys” and “megnuts” and “midfield stripes”.

I feel bad for him regarding Swansea. They were on their way down, and Bradley couldn’t/didn’t help. I fear Marsch is on the same path. No doubt there is a stigma that Americans in general don’t know anything about socc… um… football. 

42 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Even I have no idea what Bradley means by these phrases: 

I feel bad for him regarding Swansea. They were on their way down, and Bradley couldn’t/didn’t help. I fear Marsch is on the same path. No doubt there is a stigma that Americans in general don’t know anything about socc… um… football. 

Bradley didn't say them :lol:

Real Madrid's Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti, 62, has emerged as a surprise candidate to become the next Manchester United boss. (Times - subscription required)

Ajax boss Erik ten Hag, who has been linked with becoming Manchester United manager, has been having English lessons in preparation of a possible move to the Premier League this

From BBC site this morning 😂

4 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Real Madrid's Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti, 62, has emerged as a surprise candidate to become the next Manchester United boss. (Times - subscription required)

Ajax boss Erik ten Hag, who has been linked with becoming Manchester United manager, has been having English lessons in preparation of a possible move to the Premier League this

From BBC site this morning 😂

He's apparently on his way out if they fail to win the Champions League, so it wouldn't surprise me if he suddenly ends up at Manchester United. Not that I think he (or anyone else for that matter) would do well there as they're an absolute circus at board level and have been ever since the Glazers bought them out. 

Ten Haag would be the best appointment IMO but it wouldn't surprise me if they went for Ancelotti, or Pochettino who they've admired for a while.