IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

lol very true about the fans agaisnt europa. gonna see man united put some nice PR spin on that league now lol.

i'm not saying you shouldn't root and i get why you do and it's cool no worries. i just have no sympathy and if it's 3 CL spots then fine, let's see who of the big boys gets knocked out and starts becoming a joke of a club because CL is gone and revenue and the next biggest stars don't give a shit about playing there now. i'm fine with that.

Liverpool haven't had champs league for a while and they have still had £££ to spend. The club's that usually are there or there abouts have owners and commercial revenue that gives them money. We need champs league more than any club to energise and attract the investment.

We need the PL sides to do well so England doesn't lose the fourth CL spot. So it's bad times for us, Everton.

Yes, I thought you may have meant that, but I'm not sure I can subscribe to it. If Everton are good enough to get fourth, they're good enough get third, and so on up. Relying on charity handouts from UEFA is not really what I call success. Sure, it might get you some money, if we got through the qualifiers, but there's no guarantee of that. If England lose a place, it's because they deserve to lose a place. Cheering on rival teams (would you be cheering on Liverpool?) is pretty much anathema to me, but that could be just my own failing.

Yes, I thought you may have meant that, but I'm not sure I can subscribe to it. If Everton are good enough to get fourth, they're good enough get third, and so on up. Relying on charity handouts from UEFA is not really what I call success. Sure, it might get you some money, if we got through the qualifiers, but there's no guarantee of that. If England lose a place, it's because they deserve to lose a place. Cheering on rival teams (would you be cheering on Liverpool?) is pretty much anathema to me, but that could be just my own failing.

I wouldn't be cheering them on, no, but I certainly wouldn't be cheering against them if what they do would have some bearing on us. And I haven't cheered on any of the other sides either. The only point I've made is that it's been bad for us and that I can't understand how people can be so pleased when it directly impacts on us.

Of course England deserve to lose the place, I'm not saying they don't, but that loss of a place shits on us so I'm bothered about it and won't be happy about our sides going out early.

It's hard enough for us to get to fourth in this league with it being so competitive so I think it's bit foolish to say we should be able to get to third if we could manage to get to fourth.

It's hard enough for us to get to fourth in this league with it being so competitive so I think it's bit foolish to say we should be able to get to third if we could manage to get to fourth.

Why foolish? The drop off from the top four teams and the rest in the PL has traditionally been quite pronounced. The difference between the top four usually not so. An extra player here, a season free of injury, can make the difference. If Everton are good enough to get fourth, we will surely be thinking they can make those fine adjustments and go one better the next season, no?

Why foolish? The drop off from the top four teams and the rest in the PL has traditionally been quite pronounced. The difference between the top four usually not so. An extra player here, a season free of injury, can make the difference. If Everton are good enough to get fourth, we will surely be thinking they can make those fine adjustments and go one better the next season, no?

We've managed to get fourth once. I don't care what the difference is between fourth and third.

Liverpool haven't had champs league for a while and they have still had £££ to spend. The club's that usually are there or there abouts have owners and commercial revenue that gives them money. We need champs league more than any club to energise and attract the investment.

yes and no top players want to be at liverpool. do you see the likes of messi ronaldo toure etc wanting to go to liverpooL? feck no, they overpaid for Benteke and will continue to overpay on fee and wages because they're not a top club.

it will be the same with united. paying wages out the yang just to get big players even though the players are just there for wages since they aren't winning anything anytime soon.

we can compete with that no problem, we don't want mercenaries looking for a check anyways.

Obviously I am.

Depends how well the Italian sides do I suppose.

italians - europa - lazio and napoli already through, fiorentina through barring a disaster. champs - juve through, roma through. they have 5 of 6 still going.

same amount of sides still left.

also we had 8, so not looking good. 5 of 8 left, they have 5 of 6 left.

Edited by markjazzbassist

italians - europa - lazio and napoli already through, fiorentina through barring a disaster. champs - juve through, roma through. they have 5 of 6 still going.

same amount of sides still left.

also we had 8, so not looking good. 5 of 8 left, they have 5 of 6 left.

But only two in CL which counts for a lot more than Europa.

Luckypool score off a deflection sending the keeper the wrong way 6 minutes into stoppage time. Personally think there should have only been 5 mins, ref give 8.

Not only that but according to the report in Telegraph Sport today, WBA 'scored' a goal. The celebrations went on for 30 seconds and then the linesman (who hadn't raised his flag) called the ref over and gave offside.

Not only that but according to the report in Telegraph Sport today, WBA 'scored' a goal. The celebrations went on for 30 seconds and then the linesman (who hadn't raised his flag) called the ref over and gave offside.

It was offside tbf, but like you've said dodgy how long the linesman took.

Going to be interesting on Saturday.

I've kept my powder dry on him as I did with Kane. Both very similar in terms of attitude, absolutely spot on.

They can be a perfect partnership. Kane can do the hold up play and is lethal, this lad presses and gives the midfield the ability to push up. He is so quick.