IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Be interesting to see what happens to Leicester for the rest of the season. Incredible start but if you analyse who they've played it puts it into a bit of perspective; if you look at what I'd call the best eight clubs in the league (City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea [bit tenuous that], Arsenal, Spurs, Southampton and us) they've played only three games against that group, and taken two points out of nine.

I know you can only beat who's put in front of you but they're going to have really tough runs of matches to come; if I was a Leicester fan I'd still be wanting forty points at this stage, the wheels could easily come off.

Pleased for Harry Kane. Far too many people quick to label him a one season wonder - he typifies what you want from your striker.

Yes goals are important but its what you do when you aren't scoring and to be fair to the lad he never stopped trying, he never hid - that is the sign of a player who will have a good career.

Its fair to say from an England perspective we need him. Rooney is in his last season for England IMO, Sturridge is made of glass, Sterling is proving Liverpool fans right that he is a one trick (pace) pony with one foot that aint that great. Then again am I that bothered about England?

Pleased for Harry Kane. Far too many people quick to label him a one season wonder - he typifies what you want from your striker.

Yes goals are important but its what you do when you aren't scoring and to be fair to the lad he never stopped trying, he never hid - that is the sign of a player who will have a good career.

Its fair to say from an England perspective we need him. Rooney is in his last season for England IMO, Sturridge is made of glass, Sterling is proving Liverpool fans right that he is a one trick (pace) pony with one foot that aint that great. Then again am I that bothered about England?

Still don't see what the fuss is about. Rooney has a natural talent that will carry him when his legs slow. Kane is a trier, but if you want a runner it has to be Vardy on current form.

Still don't see what the fuss is about. Rooney has a natural talent that will carry him when his legs slow. Kane is a trier, but if you want a runner it has to be Vardy on current form.

There is no fuss - quite the opposite, fans didn't see why he was a good player and thats why he was quickly labelled a one season wonder.

"No fuss" is a great term to apply to Kane, he is a boringly effective striker. Not especially quick, not especially skillful, doesn't do over head kicks and volleys. What he does is works the defensive line very hard, not by running round like a headless chicken, his movement is very good, he has a very good touch, links up play - finishes with either foot and is good in the air. He is mentally very strong too and is 100% focused.

He is a throwback to a classic english number 9.

Rooneys legs going doesn't just apply to pace, he needs that momentum/power. He looks very tired, much of what he offered was an amazing workrate and leading the defence from the front.

Edited by Hafnia

There is no fuss - quite the opposite, fans didn't see why he was a good player and thats why he was quickly labelled a one season wonder.

"No fuss" is a great term to apply to Kane, he is a boringly effective striker. Not especially quick, not especially skillful, doesn't do over head kicks and volleys. What he does is works the defensive line very hard, not by running round like a headless chicken, his movement is very good, he has a very good touch, links up play - finishes with either foot and is good in the air. He is mentally very strong too and is 100% focused.

He is a throwback to a classic english number 9.

Rooneys legs going doesn't just apply to pace, he needs that momentum/power. He looks very tired, much of what he offered was an amazing workrate and leading the defence from the front.

Headless chicken is how I'd describe him, I don't see what you see in him as I'd describe his touch etc as average nothing stands out for me other than his wasted effort abs chances missed. He had loads of hype last season and the hype had moved onto Vardy. Both in the media's eye on form, but don't think we'll be seeing either make the step up to champions league. Although, I'd have Vardy here as a squad player.

Headless chicken is how I'd describe him, I don't see what you see in him as I'd describe his touch etc as average nothing stands out for me other than his wasted effort abs chances missed. He had loads of hype last season and the hype had moved onto Vardy. Both in the media's eye on form, but don't think we'll be seeing either make the step up to champions league. Although, I'd have Vardy here as a squad player.

despite having a lull his chance conversion is 10.8% - Roms is 17%, Vardy is something like 40%.

I was reluctant to join the hype about Kane when he was banging them in - as I've said elsewhere, you learn more about the player when they aren't. I watched what he was doing when things weren't going for him and it was impressive - he never compromised his attempts on goal in the hope that "get it on target and hope the keeper doesn't save it" - he was still going for corners and taking the responsibility of "missing the target" - I admire strikers who do that, none moreso than Fowler.

At this moment it is very early to judge Vardy, I like his pace and his finishing does look good, then again I thought the same about Darius Vassell. I think he's a better player but lets see how he does when things dont go his way. One thing is for sure, its been a great story the Vardy one - never gave up.

Kane is like a poor man's mueller. runs about and doens't look great but scores loads. defies stats and logic but he keeps scoring. i would love a player like that.

That's football for you - Andy Gray was like that and what a player he was. As he matures Kane will become a leader for teams, perfect build for a bustling striker.

Alan Shearer basically said he is verty good "because he has a bit of everything" - that is a key thing, Les Ferdinand was like that - you couldn't force him onto one foot thinking it was weak, he was great in the air, strong, held it up but wasnt exactly skillful.

Not every striker is as talented as suarez or henry. Lukaku certainly isn't but when he has sight of goal he rarely misses - I just want a bit more of the "Liverpool perfomance" from him.

If we sell Lukaku I would happily go for Kane.

I've not seen this posted anywhere, the ultimate one season wonder?

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-part-company-with-michu-2788587.aspx

sad really, injuries just ruined him. top guy though, his local was going into administration so he bought into them to help them stay up.

Edited by markjazzbassist

What about the Kenyan national anthem? Or the Lebanese anthem? I have no problem with a gesture, but let's remember that countries are attacked that are not Western European.

That's part of the reason it's irked me. We've failed to recognise victims of other countries caught up in separate attacks.

What about the Kenyan national anthem? Or the Lebanese anthem? I have no problem with a gesture, but let's remember that countries are attacked that are not Western European.

That's part of the reason it's irked me. We've failed to recognise victims of other countries caught up in separate attacks.

Good points.