IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I only saw a few minutes of the City v Liverpool game which included the second Liverpool goal. City had been all over Liverpool, battering away at the defence. Liverpool had a panic clearance down the pitch where one Liverpool player was marked by three City defenders. Two City defenders left the ball thinking the other was going for it. This presented the ball to the Liverpool forward who then beat the third defender and crossed it for Coutinho who had galloped up in support and he side-footed it past Hart. Sunday league defending from City. (Apologies to Sunday league which demonstrates better defending than that.)

Scott Dann has just had a shocker. Tried to block Defoe from running past him, realised he was not going to be able to hold him off, and slides to hit the ball away. He only managed to hit it past the keeper who would have been first to the ball, and Defoe gets the easiest goal of his career.

Scott Dann has just had a shocker. Tried to block Defoe from running past him, realised he was not going to be able to hold him off, and slides to hit the ball away. He only managed to hit it past the keeper who would have been first to the ball, and Defoe gets the easiest goal of his career.

I'm devastated :rofl:.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27303-toffeetalk-for-you/?p=488975

arse and chelski have won. they both face tough matches to get through. chelsea faces FC porto who they are level with at 10 points, meanwhile Kiev has an easy win and have 8 points, so if chelsea lose they could be in the europa. come on porto!!

arse have olympiakos who they have to beat by 3+ goals to get CL otherwise it's europa.

arse and chelski have won. they both face tough matches to get through. chelsea faces FC porto who they are level with at 10 points, meanwhile Kiev has an easy win and have 8 points, so if chelsea lose they could be in the europa. come on porto!!

arse have olympiakos who they have to beat by 3+ goals to get CL otherwise it's europa.

I want them both to go through, along with City and United.

Tell that to Leicester. Shit team last year leading the league this year. One of the big boys misses out as well, don't you think that will have an effect as well?

They have had an uncanny stretch of easy games, as have man United. Both in false positions.

We need 2 of our champs league teams in semi finals. Would be typical of Everton to get 4th and we lose the 4th league spot.

what they haven't accounted for is that the current top 4 is made up of 2 teams that are questionable in terms of their ability to continue in the same vein.

For many years it has been Man United, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal who have set their stalls out early and monopolised that group. This year is different - Leicester and Man United have had pretty easy games compared to other teams and I do expect them to start dropping points and lets see how they respond.

This article had it spot on.... http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-fixtures-red-devils-9470767

In short this is the most open league in years. It is an anomoly.

Edited by Hafnia

Agreed that this is the year to go for it. With Chelsea out its a spot open. But I agree with haf that Arsenal are vulnerable for they have tons of injuries and rely on Sanchez way too much. He will get exhausted just like last campaign.

Chelsea aren't out of it by a long way, still seventy-five points to play for.

Chelsea aren't out of it by a long way, still seventy-five points to play for.

and they still have Champions League to play as well. Same with Arsenal (europa possibly) Man City Man U as well. Granted they have large squads and quality but the grind does usually result in off results now and then. I jsut don't think Chelsea have done the full turn around. If they get knocked out of CL i think that could really doom morale. Rooting hard for FC porto and Kiev :)