MikeO

I'm guessing we'll get:

Mucha

Coleman Jagielka© Heitinga Baines

Fellaini

Naismith Osman Oviedo

Mirallas

Anichebe

Oviedo's got to get some playing time to get comfortable with the team. Maybe Osman is rested and Naismith moves into the middle with Gueye playing on the right. A further (and more insane) maybe is that Junior plays in DM and Felli plays in the middle with Osman rested. Either way, I don't see Fizzer or Peanuts getting the start tomorrow. Osman should rest his old bones too.

All conjecture, of course.

That's a bit diusrespectful to Leeds, who historically have been a bitch of a team to play.

Don't think I'm disrespecting them. And I'm not naive enough to believe that they can't win the game. And I'm not suggesting that we field 11 reserves. But if 2-3 guys sitting out against a middle of the pack Championship team is the difference between moving on and losing then how can we justify belonging in any major tournament? That's just my point.

moyes has to take this seriously and pick a strong side, and I think he will. This and the FA cup represents the only possible trophies Everton football club can win this season, forget about 'winning the league', it simply won't happen, can't happen. Our only real plausible way to win anything again for the first time in 18 years lies with this competition and the FA cup next year, there is nothing else, we aren't even in Europe.

First League Cup tie with United since 1991 when we were obliterated by a very good side that went on to be league champions later that season.

We have the capabilities to do this if Moyes puts out a strong side and everybody plays to their strengths. And this against an opposition who were one game away from the European Cup Final some 10 years ago. Fuck me, they've fallen away since then, a shadow of the very good side under David O Leary, that were eventually relegated about eight years ago.

Our record at Elland Road is damn abysmal in all competitions, but I expect that not to come into play tonight. I just hope Moyes hears this and goes out to win, we have to win something again after so many years away. Never won this competition, some people view it as a trivial piece of crap tourney that has value of shirt buttons, but still does represent a trophy to win, and we've never won it. Two final appearances since it's inception in 1960 is a poor showing for a club of our stature, and lost both times of course. I'm hoping something changes very soon. Won't be easy in front of a partizan crowd but we have the capabilities to win this tonight.

Leeds United 1 Everton 2 (after extra time)

It gets rebuked and trivialized by most people, as many see it is as a non event trophy, insignificant and trivial etc, compared to what else is on offer to some and all teams for a season, it represents very small fish.

And they change the entry into Europe for it year in year in out too by my math. One season it's 'winners get a euro place' and then it's 'sorry, but no entry for you', the pricks at the FA change it every time, as with most other things.

I do want to win this however, as Everton have never won this trophy in over 50 years of participation, and the wait for a first success in any competition since 1995 is getting wider with each year, and this does represent a decent chance to finally win something for the first time since some won't even be able to remember.

All Moyes has to do, is pick a strong side, go with an attacking mindset, and that should hopefully be enough, even at an awkward venue. Once again, we can't win anything else apart from this and the FA cup next year, getting a 4th or 5th place finish would be mighty fine, but you don't get an actual trophy for it. We want to win something again, the last success is getting more distant with each passing year.

Here at least, there is a chance to finally change something.

I don't understand the disrespect shown to the League Cup?

We wouldn't show any disrespect if we won ittongue.png .

It's only because in recent years most premier league sides have played weakened/reserve teams....purely due to fact that the main objective for the "lesser" clubs has been staying in the premier league because of the financial implications of being relegated; and the target of the "big" clubs has been Europe, likewise for financial reasons.

It's all about money...sadly far more important than the occasional pot these days, ask a Portsmouth supporter.

We actually show the league cup far more respect than most....can't think of another team that regularly puts out such a strong side in the early stages.

If Everton can not beat Leeds because a few reserves are in then Everton doesn't deserve to be in any European tournaments.

Cup games are 99% of the time unpredictable. My point is we shouldnt be taking a chance, which we would be doing by dropping people like Felli, Pienaar and Howard.

Man Utd lost to Leeds at home in the FA Cup when they were a division below where they are now. Does that mean Utd dont deserve to play in Europe either?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/8433901.stm

avinalaff , hopefully i don't get told off for this as it's not a link to streams but we'll see:

go to www.wiziwig.tv you should find it points you in the right direction for everything you need

i've never had to look anywhere else for either football or cricket (watch a lot of cricket) since.

Cheers matey.

I was pulling Matts chain lol, but appreciate the heads up.laugh.png

Their best player by a considerable amount was Snodgrass, now they're left with Becchio. Plus it's very hard to respect a club that employs Diouf and Michael Brown laugh.png

Dirty Leeds! :D

Please don't hurt us tonight. No doubt we'll kick the living hell out of you, but you know, just ignore it and leave us alone. Please. Pretty please.

Only 22k expected according to our OS, and that's with 5k of you lot. You'll destroy us on and off the field, which doesn't happen very often!

If anyone fancies a little profit:

Betfair are offering new customers a £25 risk free bet.

Deposit £25, place this on any sports bet with odds greater than 1/5 and they will credit your account with £35 cash, which can be withdrawn.

So that’s £35 on top of your winnings if your bet wins or £35 back if your bet loses. That's a minimum of £10 profit if your bet loses.

£25 on Everton to win returns a total of £76.40

Use this link to redeem this offer with Betfair:http://tiny.cc/gc0bjw

not sure if it was mentioned, but why the hell are people talking about fielding a weakened team?! We havent had silverware in god knows and since top 5 is going to be a challenge, we have 2 other ways into Europe - this and the FA Cup, therefore priority. If it was me....

Howard

Coleman Heits Distin Baines

Felli

Mirallas Naismith Pienaar

Anichebe

Mucha is shocking, each time I see him and Vic is in because hes on form. No way should Pip be near this one, and if he has to be it must be RB.

Matt, I find this post extremely arrogant... Leeds might be in the Championship but that doesnt mean we should only start with 10 players!