IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Interesting listen but three blokes agreeing with each other and offering little in terms of how things can change; so not much of a debate. Also saying that people don't complain enough when you just need to look on here (other Everton forums are available apparently) to see that they do.

Like they said, two clubs who've spent mega amounts fighting for fourth place, how do we compete? Sell our soul? Have we had the chance to do that? Do we want success at that price? Does moaning make you a better Evertonian than those keeping the faith?

Poses lots of questions for sure and passionate guys obviously and kudos to them for taking it into the public domain, but I didn't see anything on there that I've not seen on TT for years.

Edit: "Who's to Blame" is a daft title because they never address it.

Watched this at work and spot on mike. I think there are plenty questioning here and saying Martinez out. Just cause it's not on these guys Twitter feed they think it doesn't exist.

Only part I really agreed with is fans disappearing when we win. I agree to some extent that certain posters don't show up when we win, but on the whole TT has a good amount (granted I'm not a mod so here comes the pie in my face) of steady responders regardless. Has more to do with computer access and free time than anything.

The bit about the board and kenwright, is there a supporters trust at Everton that the board talks to? I know some clubs take that input, but I haven't heard much around here about that. Anyways that would help to address some issuesc granted they might not be fixed but it would be addressed.

Haha yes they never did who's to blame. Was looking forward to that and kinda let down.

Edited by markjazzbassist

The club should have the financial ability and nous to support their manager, and be able to sack their manager when the manager is out of their depth. It is the reason that Liverpool despite having employed several very average managers were able to wipe clear their mistakes... and go again

So financial ability and nous...... thats the job of Chairman, Board and Chief Exec. Ours have let us down for quite some time now. We have missed several boats, made big mistakes.

Fans desreve better than the amateurs in the corridor of power at our club. Simple as that.

We should be doing this: Paying players based on their performance. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-seeing-benefits-of-8754322 .

Plus, we should agree agent fees that are paid annually over the duration of a player's contract. For example, if a player signs a 4-year contract, the agent should receive 25% of his fee per year.

We should be doing this: Paying players based on their performance. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-seeing-benefits-of-8754322 .

Plus, we should agree agent fees that are paid annually over the duration of a player's contract. For example, if a player signs a 4-year contract, the agent should receive 25% of his fee per year.

I'm sure the players union would strike and call it unfair and have a work stoppage just like we do in the states. Is there a collective bargaining agreement with the FA?

what a squad! other than henen and robles, i'd love the look of that.

What do you have against Henen? He's not kicked a ball for us yet so I don't see how you can judge him :huh:. But you love the look of Galloway who likewise hasn't kicked a ball for us :dont know: .

What do you have against Henen? He's not kicked a ball for us yet so I don't see how you can judge him :huh:. But you love the look of Galloway who likewise hasn't kicked a ball for us :dont know: .

Ha good point. More on the hype meter of things. I think from what I've heard and seen Galloway will turn out to be solid, Robles I'm willing to give a chance, henen is just unknown, could be world beater could be playing for Olympiakos next year. I just made an educated guess mike. Got nothing against the lads.

Any club in the prem could fill a future squad like the Echo have done and make it look potentially decent.

Lukaku, Mccarthy , Barkley and Stones probably wont be here in 5 years definitely not all of them

geez pad crushing dreams left and right. you tell your kids santa wasn't real when they were babies just to crush their dream as well? my gosh man, you always seem so angry.

geez pad crushing dreams left and right. you tell your kids santa wasn't real when they were babies just to crush their dream as well? my gosh man, you always seem so angry.

Angry? :lol:

Not even remotely. I'm just a realist Mark. You have to remember I've been watching Everton for a long time as have others. After that amount of time you kind of know how things work and where our place is.

Fact is unless we get a sugar daddy we'll have to cash in on most of those to stay competative.

It's how we survive.

Angry? :lol:

Not even remotely. I'm just a realist Mark. You have to remember I've been watching Everton for a long time as have others. After that amount of time you kind of know how things work and where our place is.

Fact is unless we get a sugar daddy we'll have to cash in on most of those to stay competative.

It's how we survive.

Its how we survived before the new Sky deal

Its how we survived before the new Sky deal

No Dunc, everyone else gets the Sky deal mate which mesns that money is allotted to everyone.

Maybe I should have just put it's how we stay COMPETATIVE rather than survive in the mix. Poor choice of words in all honesty.

Edited by Paddock

No Dunc, everyone else gets the Sky deal mate which mesns that money is allotted to everyone.

Maybe I should have just put it's how we stay COMPETATIVE rather than survive in the mix. Poor choice of words in all honesty.

And there was me thinking it was just for English teams!

With the new Sky money we are now in a position that we don't need to sell but it also means that we can blow most European teams out of the water when it comes to transfer fees and wages we can offer

And there was me thinking it was just for English teams!

With the new Sky money we are now in a position that we don't need to sell but it also means that we can blow most European teams out of the water when it comes to transfer fees and wages we can offer

What do you mean there's you thinking it was just for English teams?

Maybe you've misunderstood me. What I meant was all the other clubs in the prem get the Sky money so everyone is on an even keel with that. Before it we had to sell to survive, now it helps us survive but if we want to stay competative we'll still have to sell.

It's not just like we're getting the tv money is it so all the other clubs can use it to strengthen as well so nobodys at an advantage because of it, everyone can just pay their bills a lot easier. Smaller clubs are now getting a better class of player playing for them, we can match that but if we want to stay competative as in fight for top 4 we will still have to cash in on our star players.

What do you mean there's you thinking it was just for English teams?

Maybe you've misunderstood me. What I meant was all the other clubs in the prem get the Sky money so everyone is on an even keel with that. Before it we had to sell to survive, now it helps us survive but if we want to stay competative we'll still have to sell.

It's not just like we're getting the tv money is it so all the other clubs can use it to strengthen as well so nobodys at an advantage because of it, everyone can just pay their bills a lot easier. Smaller clubs are now getting a better class of player playing for them, we can match that but if we want to stay competative as in fight for top 4 we will still have to cash in on our star players.

We get enough money from Sky now to keep the banks happy so therefore we no longer need to sell anybody

Yes all the other teams in the Premiership get the same money, but we can but players from abroad, and the teams that they play for would not be able to resist the money we can offer, similarly if we were in for a player and say a team like Ajax were in for the same player there is no way they could match the financial package we could put together

We get enough money from Sky now to keep the banks happy so therefore we no longer need to sell anybody

Yes all the other teams in the Premiership get the same money, but we can but players from abroad, and the teams that they play for would not be able to resist the money we can offer, similarly if we were in for a player and say a team like Ajax were in for the same player there is no way they could match the financial package we could put together

But we still can't compete with the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham for financial clout because they also get it. therefore to strengthen our side sufficiently season in season out and have any hope of catching them we will need to cash the Barkley, Stones etc that we unearth.

We spend 40 million the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal , Chelsea and City spends hundreds.

We simply can't compete with that. TV money or not.

That's why I said my choice of words was not great in my initial post and I should have said competative not survive.

Sorry completely missed that

Fact of the matter is though we still wouldn't be able to compete no matter who we sell , if your talking about actually challenging for the title

But the Sky money affords us the luxury of not having to sell anybody and our best hope of closing the gap on those teams is to keep hold of our best young players and build a team around them

Sorry completely missed that

Fact of the matter is though we still wouldn't be able to compete no matter who we sell , if your talking about actually challenging for the title

But the Sky money affords us the luxury of not having to sell anybody and our best hope of closing the gap on those teams is to keep hold of our best young players and build a team around them

Not the title but top 4 as Martinez promised.

I don't think top 4 is possible with just the Sky money alone.

Great points guys. Never thought of it like that dunc. The prem will be a level above money wise than the other leagues (as a whole, obviously some teams have more money but not many). Well time to shore up the academy and start buying foreigners then since we can out bid

Most.

There's also a limit to how many foreign players you can field.