IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Have all you season ticket holders entered the ballot for the Wolves game yet? Deadline is midday tomorrow, pretty sure this a totally unneccessary reminder but thought I'd chuck it in. Good luck all.

Yep. Going first choice because I had already been picked for the West Ham game. And then they made it a 6pm kick off so had to book the afternoon off work. 

For the first time, Season Tickets will be issued digitally for 2021/22, allowing supporters to access the stadium using their smart mobile phone. More information on this and how supporters can take advantage of the switchover from Season Cards will be made available in the coming weeks. If preferred, supporters will be able to purchase a Season Card for the 2021/22 campaign at an added cost of £5.

Bit disappointed with this. Absolutely no need for the club to be charging to cover the cost of a piece of plastic and a stamp for a purchase over £500. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

For the first time, Season Tickets will be issued digitally for 2021/22, allowing supporters to access the stadium using their smart mobile phone. More information on this and how supporters can take advantage of the switchover from Season Cards will be made available in the coming weeks. If preferred, supporters will be able to purchase a Season Card for the 2021/22 campaign at an added cost of £5.

Bit disappointed with this. Absolutely no need for the club to be charging to cover the cost of a piece of plastic and a stamp for a purchase over £500. 

The environmental impact is pretty large for the amount of season holders they have.  The 5 pounds is a good way to discourage those who are just lazy and could get digital.  If they didn’t make it a cost thing likely not many would switch over which defeats the purpose.  Also it’s 5 pounds, not a big deal.  If you can afford 500 you can afford 5 more.

58 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

The environmental impact is pretty large for the amount of season holders they have.  The 5 pounds is a good way to discourage those who are just lazy and could get digital.  If they didn’t make it a cost thing likely not many would switch over which defeats the purpose.  Also it’s 5 pounds, not a big deal.  If you can afford 500 you can afford 5 more.

They sell beer in plastic bottles every game so don't think they're arsed about the environment when making the decision. If that's the case I'm happy for them to just update my old one.

For me it's not about laziness, more efficiency. A card is a lot faster, plus people will get bored waiting to get in and start looking at something on their phone rather than have their code ready making it even slower.

Also a lot of people will have them as a keepsake. Just imagine the mum's and dad's out there trying to get their kids excited about a q code that can scan them into the ground compared to having a physical card.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

They sell beer in plastic bottles every game so don't think they're arsed about the environment when making the decision. If that's the case I'm happy for them to just update my old one.

For me it's not about laziness, more efficiency. A card is a lot faster, plus people will get bored waiting to get in and start looking at something on their phone rather than have their code ready making it even slower.

Also a lot of people will have them as a keepsake. Just imagine the mum's and dad's out there trying to get their kids excited about a q code that can scan them into the ground compared to having a physical card.

They sell beer that way because of safety regulations, not because they're not arsed. Just refreshing the card with the latest details is a very good idea though. Would address the sentimentality part too. 

I don't agree with the efficiency part either. It could be used with NFC for example, but even scanning a code takes just as long as taking the card out of a wallet, probably less time. 

Been waiting for the club to do this for years. 
Yeah I’ve got all my old season tickets in a box with concert tickets and flight tickets, but for the last few years concert and flight tickets are on my phone. It’s nice to have a keep sake, but times move on. 

Ive also lost my season ticket in the past and had to pay £10 for a new one. I’ve never lost my phone. 

edit. Also said for years the club should go one further and let you load money onto your season ticket to buy things at the ground with a reduced rate. It would be nice if they could tie this into something similar. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

All those children running downstairs on their birthday to unwrap their QR code :doh:

The changes won't affect me, as I'll be paying the small charge for a physical ticket, I've kept all of mine and will continue to do so. Having the ticket on a mobile just doesn't make sense to me - if your phone dies you basically can't get into the ground? What if the app fails to open due to a glitch? What if it's internet based and your connection goes down? Solving a problem that was never there IMO, a bit like changing the font on the seats or changing the colour of the escalators.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

All those children running downstairs on their birthday to unwrap their QR code :doh:

The changes won't affect me, as I'll be paying the small charge for a physical ticket, I've kept all of mine and will continue to do so. Having the ticket on a mobile just doesn't make sense to me - if your phone dies you basically can't get into the ground? What if the app fails to open due to a glitch? What if it's internet based and your connection goes down? Solving a problem that was never there IMO, a bit like changing the font on the seats or changing the colour of the escalators.

That's a good point, I've worked in a place were the phones were internet based and everything come to a complete halt when the net was down. God help us if it is internet based as there's no way the club are gonna get that right first time round. Even now with a simple ticket there's chaos twice a season, especially cup games.

On 06/05/2021 at 17:10, MikeO said:

Have all you season ticket holders entered the ballot for the Wolves game yet? Deadline is midday tomorrow, pretty sure this a totally unneccessary reminder but thought I'd chuck it in. Good luck all.

Nope I’m off on holiday , even though the PCR tests are costing more than the bloody holiday!

I would have no chance anyway because I got picked for the Arsenal game

3 hours ago, Matt said:

That it costs 2 pints a year more. 

Wish I lived up there, two pints for a fiver? £4.40 in my local.:crying:

Remember well my first visit to Liverpool in 1991 in a minibus full of Woking fans for the FA cup game, saw Everton in London dozens of times but was 30 before I got to my fist home game. We were staying overnight (Liverpool were at home on the Saturday and some of the lads wanted to go to Anfield and then Goodison Sunday, I wasn't bothered:rolleyes:) and checked in (Campanile by the docks) and then found a pub; I got the first round in, there were probably twelve of us, and I can't remember the numbers but it cost about half what I'd have paid at home, I thought they'd made a mistake!

Other side of the coin was my "work local" in Wimbledon was the second closest pub to Plough Lane so we'd get a lot of away fans in on matchdays, can remember one comment (among many), "Bloody hell lads you need to take out a mortgage to get a round in here!":D

31 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wish I lived up there, two pints for a fiver? £4.40 in my local.:crying:

Remember well my first visit to Liverpool in 1991 in a minibus full of Woking fans for the FA cup game, saw Everton in London dozens of times but was 30 before I got to my fist home game. We were staying overnight (Liverpool were at home on the Saturday and some of the lads wanted to go to Anfield and then Goodison Sunday, I wasn't bothered:rolleyes:) and checked in (Campanile by the docks) and then found a pub; I got the first round in, there were probably twelve of us, and I can't remember the numbers but it cost about half what I'd have paid at home, I thought they'd made a mistake!

Other side of the coin was my "work local" in Wimbledon was the second closest pub to Plough Lane so we'd get a lot of away fans in on matchdays, can remember one comment (among many), "Bloody hell lads you need to take out a mortgage to get a round in here!":D

I've not been to a pub and ordered a beer in England for years. I was taking a guess!

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've not been to a pub and ordered a beer in England for years. I was taking a guess!

I was going to reply to this with how much a pint was in my local, but then realised it's been over a year and I couldn't remember :doh:!! 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I got my first pint from a pub for over a year 2 weeks ago sat outside freezing my nuts off, £4.80 for a pint of Peroni and and a touch of frost bite🥶

On 06/05/2021 at 17:10, MikeO said:

Can’t go because of the daft time of the game. My son is still in school so won’t get up there in time 😡

On 08/05/2021 at 14:12, Zoo 2.0 said:

I get all of the points you’ve made, I can’t speak for Android, but the I’ve never known the wallet app to fail. It’s not internet based, so you don’t need a connection. Ive used it in Spain and in various parts of the USA and it’s worked every time. 

If anyone doesn’t trust it, just get a physical ticket. No issue. Yeah it might cost £5, but if the club put season tickets up by £5 this year no one would have been too bothered. 

Can’t be a bad thing for the club to be moving forward with technology, and fans still have the option to use either. 

On 08/05/2021 at 15:03, pete0 said:

That's a good point, I've worked in a place were the phones were internet based and everything come to a complete halt when the net was down. God help us if it is internet based as there's no way the club are gonna get that right first time round. Even now with a simple ticket there's chaos twice a season, especially cup games.

Won’t be internet based. Anyone who gets a ticket for the Wolves game can download their ticket to their phone and see how this system works. It will be absolutely fine, airlines have used it for years. 

Just looked and my oldest flight ticket on the wallet app is from 2015, so it’s very much tried and tested. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Thirty-six points from away games against nineteen from home games now, that's just insane.

Bodes well though, keep up that away form and sort our home games with the crowd back and we're laughing. I know that the away games will have fans too but still, something to be optimistic about. 

72pts (36 from each) would put us 2nd and just 8pts behind Manchester City. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Won’t be internet based. Anyone who gets a ticket for the Wolves game can download their ticket to their phone and see how this system works. It will be absolutely fine, airlines have used it for years. 

Just looked and my oldest flight ticket on the wallet app is from 2015, so it’s very much tried and tested. 

I'm sure they already user etickets at the club but they have issues. Every time I've went the Goodison road box office there's always been a queue.