IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Out to Florida later this week, the squad will need to get their minds in the right place after the past couple of days. Crack on with the mindset and attitude of the Denmark squad. I'd like to think Benitez will steady them as having just arrived he's not emotionally involved.

I know people are a bit disillusioned at the minute, but I’m actually feeling a little optimistic.

It feels like we have an actual strategic goal at the moment. We’re bringing in players who will offer us clear squad improvements.

Begovic =  good goalkeeper competition.

Townsend = hard working player with pace and can shoot.

Gray = pace and direct. 

These look like a clear intention to fill holes that have annoyed me for two seasons now. DCL is great in the air… but no service. Our bench has carbon copies of the players we take off…. Boring and slow.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

I know people are a bit disillusioned at the minute, but I’m actually feeling a little optimistic.

It feels like we have an actual strategic goal at the moment. We’re bringing in players who will offer us clear squad improvements.

Begovic =  good goalkeeper competition.

Townsend = hard working player with pace and can shoot.

Gray = pace and direct. 

These look like a clear intention to fill holes that have annoyed me for two seasons now. DCL is great in the air… but no service. Our bench has carbon copies of the players we take off…. Boring and slow.

If the rest of our business is like what's happened so far (or will in happen in the case of Gray) then come the end of the window I'll be concluding that we're still bringing in shite, we're just bringing shite in that we're not saddled with for 5 years on 90K+ a week.

Not the sort of progression I was hoping for this summer but I suppose it's something, eh?

Wasn't sure where best to put this so threw it in here, bit shit if this goes ahead for me as my second vaccine is in September, so I'll likely miss more games at Goodison, this time when there's a capacity crowd. Hoping to get my second dose pulled forward to get in for the opening home game. 

I think this will cause a bit of chaos though - making the vaccine mandatory to basically enjoy normal life doesn't sit right with me, despite being in the camp that thinks there's a lot of lies about Covid but that it is pretty serious anyway.

15 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Wasn't sure where best to put this so threw it in here, bit shit if this goes ahead for me as my second vaccine is in September, so I'll likely miss more games at Goodison, this time when there's a capacity crowd. Hoping to get my second dose pulled forward to get in for the opening home game. 

I think this will cause a bit of chaos though - making the vaccine mandatory to basically enjoy normal life doesn't sit right with me, despite being in the camp that thinks there's a lot of lies about Covid but that it is pretty serious anyway.

Only starts in October doesn’t it? So you should be fine Zoo. 

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

Only starts in October doesn’t it? So you should be fine Zoo. 

P

15 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

They aren’t bringing it in until the end of September so you should be ok, I’m presuming it doesn’t apply to kids?

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yep one of the lads who goes home and away with us every week is a full on conspiracy theorist and very vocal anti vaxer is absolutely fuming about it already

I knew when I wrote vaccer it didn’t look right but couldn’t figure out why, thanks Dunc for making me look a dick😂

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

(Pedant alert) It's actually anti-vaxxer with a hyphen and another x so Dunc only had a C+ himself, better than a D though:P

The Sunday Times or Times would beg to differ the have bold headline which printed says Antivaxer, this is getting very interesting Sir, could you please elaborate my spellcheck is telling me both ways are wrong, not that I’m happy my device is right Apple always divert to the American version of our language. 

42 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I don’t think any American thinks our English is better, you lot are way more proper and stuffy so you say it all correctly.  

Actually not true. American is closer to traditional English, British English has evolved more and devolved even more into dialects than a universal language