IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I'm cleaning up after a puppy pooed on the floor, rolled around in it then ran all over downstairs before I could grab him, have him wriggle his shit covered body all over me before I gave him a bath he objected to, then mopped only for him to look at me, all fluffy and clean, then piss on the mopped floor...

My mind is not on autocorrects at the moment...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

VDB Allan Doucoure

Grey DCL Richarlison. 

I would go a long with that to start with you couldn’t drop a fit Allan and Doucoure imo they have been 2 of our better players, DCL has no real competition so will be an automatic even if he’s struggling to find his form, I would go with Gray and Richarlison because of their goals. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would go a long with that to start with you couldn’t drop a fit Allan and Doucoure imo they have been 2 of our better players, DCL has no real competition so will be an automatic even if he’s struggling to find his form, I would go with Gray and Richarlison because of their goals. 

The person who's going to be edged out here is Townsned. While Dourcure is injured, Ally will need to step up in midfield. For the cup ties, of course, it'll have to be Gomez. Up front, it will be exciting to see Grey, DLC, and Richarlison.

4 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The person who's going to be edged out here is Townsned. While Dourcure is injured, Ally will need to step up in midfield. For the cup ties, of course, it'll have to be Gomez. Up front, it will be exciting to see Grey, DLC, and Richarlison.

This is really exquisite work, Steve. And the little treat right at the end 👏🏻

Wonder if we should be targeting Steve Hitchen?  Not sure he has the best track record.  Just sent Lo Celso and Ndombele out on loan / haven't been successes.  Youth does not really break into that squad often.  Have also been going through coaches lately...

Guess some experience is better than no experience? Still hoping we go for some one in a similar mold to Dan Ashworth.  Someone who buys younger players with resale value that fit the system, and looks for managers to run that system. Not a guy who oversaw spending 60/70 mil on Ndombele.

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

Wonder if we should be targeting Steve Hitchen?  Not sure he has the best track record.  Just sent Lo Celso and Ndombele out on loan / haven't been successes.  Youth does not really break into that squad often.  Have also been going through coaches lately...

Guess some experience is better than no experience? Still hoping we go for some one in a similar mold to Dan Ashworth.  Someone who buys younger players with resale value that fit the system, and looks for managers to run that system. Not a guy who oversaw spending 60/70 mil on Ndombele.

Seems you know a lot about his job role at Spurs. Did Daniel Levy tell you it was all Steve Hitchens fault? 😂

Personally, I’ve not got a clue what a director of performance would do. Never heard of that position until about 90 seconds ago. 

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

Seems you know a lot about his job role at Spurs. Did Daniel Levy tell you it was all Steve Hitchens fault? 😂

Personally, I’ve not got a clue what a director of performance would do. Never heard of that position until about 90 seconds ago. 

Sounds like something you would have in a Theatre 🎭, I’ve always believed a manager was responsible for team performance. Seems like a recipe for disaster the more elements you bring into putting a team out the more you risk going wrong. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Ha.  Got Levy speed dial duh! Just kidding'

I was making two assumptions: 1) We looking for a DOF and 2) I was making the assumption he had a hand in recruitment and development which I think has been poor. He came up as a scout and there are articles attributing him to certain signings.  If he didn't have a major role in any of that... then that would kind of kill the he has experience argument.. and would thus be possibly an even worse shout.  

Guess they could be looking at him for another role?  Either way, not jumping for joy.

23 hours ago, MikeO said:

I actually think (though I hate to give you an out) that VDB is OK, it's van de Beek; when we had Andy van der Meyde he was always VDM, never AVDM. 

I'll look after you Matt, ignore the nasty big kids😂

VDB is perfectly logical that's why :lol:

But thanks mate. Those bullies are mean!