IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

12 hours ago, RuffRob said:

The original story eminates from the Telegraph newspaper - so I give it more kudos than general click bait. I would guess that somebody from the PL has leak it to the journalists who wrote the artical. Everywhere else is simply recycling this article. 

They are no different from the rest. Very little integrity and honesty in sports journalism now. 
There is nothing for the premier league to leak, as that’s not how independent commissions work. 

Typical Everton chaos trying to get in last night, complete farce

There were rumours going around that it just effected season ticket holders in the auto cup scheme but I’m not in the cup scheme and I couldn’t get in

It must have taken nearly 40 minutes to get up Goodison Road to the Gwlady then I queued up to get in but none of me season tickets worked ( I have e-tickets ) and they told me I had to go to the ticket office to get paper tickets printed off

Bearing in mind it had just taken me 40 minutes to get up Goodison Road I wasn’t best pleased to have to go back down there

Another 20 minutes to get to the ticket office only to find hundreds of people queuing to get in who had the same problem. I then spotted the head steward coming out who told us there had now been a change of plan and that now they were saying anyone whose season ticket didn’t work to just manually override it so we didn’t have to queue but they kept that to themselves and didn’t bother telling the hundreds in the ticket office queue!

So then it was turn round and battle my way back up Goodison Road and queue again at the Gwlady. Luckily I got in just as the game kicked off but there were a lot of angry people outside the ground when zcars was playing. Couldn’t believe they didn’t delay kick off

I registered for the auto cup scheme, but got an email when the Burnley game tickets were opened up saying they had problems and I had to apply for my seat which I did and got pdf tickets.. Bizzarley the ticket we’ve been given by a friend who’s not well enough to attend worked without any issues, we arrived early in case there was a problem.

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is what it was like 10 minutes before kick off ( and probably for a while after that)

Worryingly, the solution was to let people in by just showing their ticket - mine was on my season ticket card but that wasn’t actually proof I’d bought a ticket for this game (I had btw!!!)

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Worryingly, the solution was to let people in by just showing their ticket - mine was on my season ticket card but that wasn’t actually proof I’d bought a ticket for this game (I had btw!!!)

Thought the same thing when I was let in after him looking at it. There was absolutely no proof I'd bought my season ticket seat for the game.

Just got the apology letter

I wanted to write to you to apologise for any inconvenience and discomfort you may have encountered upon entering the stadium yesterday.

For a very short period time - less than five minutes in total - there were a number of turnstiles around the stadium that were not accepting tickets; printed or digital. While this issue was quickly rectified, it did lead to affected supporters being redirected by stewards to the Goodison Road Box Office.

The combination of supporters naturally arriving for the game, alongside those supporters who were earlier impacted and returning to their turnstiles to gain entry, led to larger queues than normal in the build-up to kick-off. This mainly impacted supporters in the Main Stand, Howard Kendall Lower Gwladys Street, the Paddock and Lower and Upper Bullens.

While stewards were on-hand to help direct supporters into other turnstiles that were functioning correctly, with smaller or no queues to increase the flow rate of entry, we are aware that in some areas of the stadium queuing would have been uncomfortable, especially for young fans.

Our Stadium Team, Safety Stewards and Police were monitoring the situation and every effort was made to reduce the risks.

For home cup matches, the flow rate of entry to the stadium is always slower compared to Premier League games. This is mainly due to cup matches having a larger number of supporters with a greater variety of ticket entry methods (season/digital card, paper, print-at-home, contactless or barcode) compared to Season Ticket Members using their season/digital cards. Regardless of this, and taking into account the number of supporters arriving to the game nearer to kick-off due to this being an evening fixture, this is not the matchday experience the Club is seeking to provide.

Our Stadium Operations team are conducting a full investigation into what happened with the turnstiles, as well as reviewing the information provided to supporters on their tickets in relation to which turnstiles can be used.

By 7pm last night (45 minutes before kick-off), prior to any turnstile issues, only 12% of the expected attendance was in the stadium. This meant that even at an ambitious flow rate it would have been difficult for every supporter to get into the stadium prior to kick-off.

We will continue to advise fans to arrive in good time and are not anticipating any such problems for this weekend’s Premier League fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion. We will also provide further updates and information to supporters ahead of our home Carabao Cup quarter-final with Fulham in December, to ensure that you do not encounter similar issues to last night.

Thank you for your continued support.

Dave Lewis
Head of Security and Stadium Safety Office

17 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Just got the apology letter

I wanted to write to you to apologise for any inconvenience and discomfort you may have encountered upon entering the stadium yesterday.

For a very short period time - less than five minutes in total - there were a number of turnstiles around the stadium that were not accepting tickets; printed or digital. While this issue was quickly rectified, it did lead to affected supporters being redirected by stewards to the Goodison Road Box Office.

The combination of supporters naturally arriving for the game, alongside those supporters who were earlier impacted and returning to their turnstiles to gain entry, led to larger queues than normal in the build-up to kick-off. This mainly impacted supporters in the Main Stand, Howard Kendall Lower Gwladys Street, the Paddock and Lower and Upper Bullens.

While stewards were on-hand to help direct supporters into other turnstiles that were functioning correctly, with smaller or no queues to increase the flow rate of entry, we are aware that in some areas of the stadium queuing would have been uncomfortable, especially for young fans.

Our Stadium Team, Safety Stewards and Police were monitoring the situation and every effort was made to reduce the risks.

For home cup matches, the flow rate of entry to the stadium is always slower compared to Premier League games. This is mainly due to cup matches having a larger number of supporters with a greater variety of ticket entry methods (season/digital card, paper, print-at-home, contactless or barcode) compared to Season Ticket Members using their season/digital cards. Regardless of this, and taking into account the number of supporters arriving to the game nearer to kick-off due to this being an evening fixture, this is not the matchday experience the Club is seeking to provide.

Our Stadium Operations team are conducting a full investigation into what happened with the turnstiles, as well as reviewing the information provided to supporters on their tickets in relation to which turnstiles can be used.

By 7pm last night (45 minutes before kick-off), prior to any turnstile issues, only 12% of the expected attendance was in the stadium. This meant that even at an ambitious flow rate it would have been difficult for every supporter to get into the stadium prior to kick-off.

We will continue to advise fans to arrive in good time and are not anticipating any such problems for this weekend’s Premier League fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion. We will also provide further updates and information to supporters ahead of our home Carabao Cup quarter-final with Fulham in December, to ensure that you do not encounter similar issues to last night.

Thank you for your continued support.

Dave Lewis
Head of Security and Stadium Safety Office

As I read this, it comes across as lame excuses in a non-apology apology. All they need to say is "we screwed up, we apologize, it won't happen next time". Done. Move on.

24 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

As I read this, it comes across as lame excuses in a non-apology apology. All they need to say is "we screwed up, we apologize, it won't happen next time". Done. Move on.

Partly yes, but all cup games the entry is slower as there are more non regulars as a few can’t or  don’t go, and many who do will have young kids in tow which does slow down the whole process. I’m not excusing last night, a local BBC presenter who is a ST holder said on his show today that he was shouted at by stewards to go to the ticker desk, totally uncalled way of treating customers.

A few years back we had delays getting in to the FA cup game against Lincoln, and once bitted etc we always get there earlier than normal to avoid another problem.

On 24/09/2023 at 22:53, Wall Writer said:

There's 6 games between now and the next international break. I'd like to see us around the 15 point mark around then, but that might still be a big ask at this point.

That's around 11 points from Luton (H), Bournemouth (H), Liverpool (A), West Ham (A), Brighton (H), Palace (A).

Obviously the next two games will be crucial in this regard. We've shown glimpses of how well we can play and the amount of chances we can create. But the key will be can we maintain a level of consistency and put those chances away.

There's reason to be optimistic right now, and god knows we need a slice of optimism at the minute, but I think by the next international break we'll be able to say whether this is going to be another long and depressing season or one where we can look forward to the dizzying heights of a mid-table finish.  

I wrote this at the end of September.

I was hoping to be around the 15 point mark now, and you could say that we are there. Also, those glimpses we were seeing backing then have matured into much better overall performances.

As for whether the season is going to be another long one, it doesn’t seem that way at the moment.

On the basis of the games so far, I think we can realistically be hoping to be top of the league come on the end of the season. Top of the bottom half that is. A solid mid-table 11th is a realistic target I think for us this season.

We still need to improve but I think the potential is there.

We really shouldn’t be anywhere near the relegation battle this year; we’re a much better team this season than we have been recently.

36 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

I wrote this at the end of September.

I was hoping to be around the 15 point mark now, and you could say that we are there. Also, those glimpses we were seeing backing then have matured into much better overall performances.

As for whether the season is going to be another long one, it doesn’t seem that way at the moment.

On the basis of the games so far, I think we can realistically be hoping to be top of the league come on the end of the season. Top of the bottom half that is. A solid mid-table 11th is a realistic target I think for us this season.

We still need to improve but I think the potential is there.

We really shouldn’t be anywhere near the relegation battle this year; we’re a much better team this season than we have been recently.

Before we start thinking we haven’t got anything to worry about relegation wise I’d rather wait and see what the PL have in store for us first, there’s always been a twist with us in the last 7 years we are surely due another kick in the bollocks in the near future. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Before we start thinking we haven’t got anything to worry about relegation wise I’d rather wait and see what the PL have in store for us first, there’s always been a twist with us in the last 7 years we are surely due another kick in the bollocks in the near future. 

Even if they took 12 points off, we'd be on 2 points and 7 from safety with 2 thirds of the season to go, a season where we've won 60% of the last 10 and only lost twice.