IGNORED

Did Moyes use Everton?

Guest John Burns

Guest John Burns

When Moyes took the EFC job he was offered the assistants job at Man U. He said "Everton have offered me the top job". After three year at EFC it was clear that Man U wanted him as their next manager. Each year we had ton suffer the indignity of accepting that our man will be off down the East Lancs Rd when it suits Man U. Moyes' time at Everton was being dictated by Man U.

EFC should have lined up a replacement long ago when they knew what the position was. The club have been degraded by all of this over the past 11 years and especially the past month.

Edited by John Burns

Players use clubs, clubs use players, no different to any other member of staff including the manager.

Moyes ambitions outgrew Everton - 11 years of operating on a shoe string whilst the the 24/7 search for investment continued to fail, along with ground move failures etc means it was quite difficult for us to show aspirations of being anything other than a club standing in the shadows of others.

Man United is operated like a proper business, they rarely get things wrong, they are organised, run comercially sound, have a structured plan.

no.

At the time when Moyes took the Everton job he had no Premiership experience and would not have been considered for top job at Utd.

Sure he could have been assistant and you could say he used as to gain the experience prior to getting the job at Utd but you could say that of anyone, player or manager who moves on to a bigger club.

He took us away from dark days of relegation threat and into the top half of the season, maybe he always had his sights on taking on the Man utd job but I have no doubt that he gave everything he could for us and in doing so made us a more stable side with a much much better squad of players than those that he took on.

Why have we been "degraded" exactly?

rather than being talked down as relegation candidates we have become a team who are "punching above our weight" and can praise from most people in football for how we have done ever since Moyes has been in charge.

sure if he had stayed for 1 contract term in order to get a bit of premiership experience prior to taking on Man Utd then yes i'd say he was using us, the same I guess as an explayer (new manager) might manage a lower league club before attempting to take on a Premiership role.

Had he done that and left us in a better state I wouldn't have grumbled too much.

As it is he's been with us for 11 years, that's a long time to be in a job, he's not simply been sat around waiting for his call from Old Trafford. He's been living and breathing Everton as much if not more than pretty much anyone. he's shown all the passion and desire to succeed that you'd hope from a manager and largely he's done a good job.

When Moyes took the EFC job he was offered the assistants job at Man U. He said "Everton have offered me the top job". After three year at EFC it was clear that Man U wanted him as their next manager. Each year we had ton suffer the indignity of accepting that our man will be off down the East Lancs Rd when it suits Man U. Moyes' time at Everton was being dictated by Man U.

EFC should have lined up a replacement long ago when they knew what the position was. The club have been degraded by all of this over the past 11 years and especially the past month.

What?!?!

Are you trolling John ?

edward_scissorhands_yes.gif

Yes he did use Everton.

The same way anyone with ambition takes steps to get to the top. And like any loyal person, he was prepared to see it through until it became obvious that his ambition had grown and the club hadnt grown with it.

Use my little career as an example. I worked at a leisure resort for 9 years. I worked my way up to manage it for my final 2 years. Why did I leave? It was the same old same from the owner. Always looking to wrangle money. The more money we made, the more these strange bills appeared that had to be paid. The place was never going to change while that owner had it, he had no intention of letting it go unless he got a daft price.

So i sodded it off and joined one of the UK's, soon to be worlds, biggest retailers.

Sounds kinda familiar I think!

Yes he did use Everton.

The same way anyone with ambition takes steps to get to the top. And like any loyal person, he was prepared to see it through until it became obvious that his ambition had grown and the club hadnt grown with it.

Use my little career as an example. I worked at a leisure resort for 9 years. I worked my way up to manage it for my final 2 years. Why did I leave? It was the same old same from the owner. Always looking to wrangle money. The more money we made, the more these strange bills appeared that had to be paid. The place was never going to change while that owner had it, he had no intention of letting it go unless he got a daft price.

So i sodded it off and joined one of the UK's, soon to be worlds, biggest retailers.

Sounds kinda familiar I think!

exactly, spot on :)

Of course he did, hes a manager not a player.

the same as all of us use our current positions to progress. But what i would say is that he didnt use us specifically for the Man U job but rather as another stepping stone in his career, the same as he will use Man U as a stepping stone to further his career now.

Do i hold a grudge at all? no chance, he gave us eleven years of his time and did a real stellar job too. I think he himself recognised what deep down most of us were thinking.....this is as far as he can progress at Everton and this is as far as Everton can progress with Moyes. So both partys have gone aboput this correctly and parted. This is why i think BK still holds him with so much regard....he did as much as anyone could have done in that eleven years.

MOYES WAS AS GOOD FOR EVERTON AS MUCH AS WE WERE FOR HIM! simple.

Let him go with our blessings and stuff him when he returns....with all respect of course.

Please dont take this too personnal mate as i dont know you and have only just started reading your posts, but you seem really bitter towards our beloved club and i am not sure why.

I dont feel we as a club have been degraded over the lasy eleven years, i feel more that we have solidified ourselves from the precarious position we were in before Moyes came.

Can you remember the starting line-up of Moyes first game? now put things in perspective. Could we have put in a serious challenge to the top six back then? Could we have beaten Chelsea last weekend?

We are a much better proposition these days and a large chunk of that is Moyes doing. Fellaini? who the F***, Pienaar? what the F***, Miarralas, Baines, Jags, the list goes back years.

Are we known as the "dogs of war" anymore?

No! we are known for playing attractive and stylish football. Imagine if we had a striker on form last sunday? I am not saying Moyes is an attack minded manager, anything but! but he has turned us from a bunch of bulldogs to a team that can compete.

Hasn't Mr Burns been on lately ? Only to say, what's already been said, in that, of course Moyes came to Everton for greater status or make a bigger name of himself. Was already recognized at Preston North End to an extent and after that, the last decade speaks for itself. All said, he didn't do a bad job of things. Little sad to see him move on after 11 years, but by the same token, relief plays a significant part. Wish him well from here on, but remain adamant that Manchester United was not the place for him to move on to.

I'd be happy for him to take the Moyes type players with him, as they won't be as good for the next manager and will be highly valued by Moyes. Jags, Pienaar, Baines, and Howard. Obvs can't see the last one going, but would much rather the other 3 go now as their value is depreciating. This would give our next manager the funds to put his own mark on the club without having a triangle of cliques. We would be down to two, the new managers way guided by the old boys Osman and Hibbert, alongside the coaches Weir and Ferguson et al there to instill the Everton way.

Jags won't be going anywhere no matter how much you hope for it, Pete.

yellow%20CARD.PNG don't ruin my dream of Everton playing from the back :(. I'm in the process of making a brochure, it got Owen a move there.

Plus it will be a bit cunty of Moyes to make him stay and then feck off to a top 4 club without him.