IGNORED

Antolín Alcaraz

Guest blueboy122

"Everton defender Antolin Alcaraz has likened his injury-plagued first season at the club to being in prison"

Does that make Distin the Purple Aki of footballers?

Very good Antolin.

He should be lucky Victor isn't there.

• 2 months later...

I get that his fitness was awful last year, given that he was only available for selection for about a dozen matches or less, but I'm seeing a lot of people speak poorly of him while I thought he was quite decent with the exception of the Liverpool match (which he was only half-fit for)... Why don't a lot of you all rate him? I think he's decent cover when fit.

Plus the own goal.

I think he handled himself well for the most part and looked very good alongside Stones. Solid back up in my opinion, so long as he can stay fit...

I thought he was pretty solid in every game. Our CB'S were completely exposed against Liverpool so anyone would have struggled and in the circus I thought he did better than Jags. If he can stay fit, which is a big if, he is the perfect player to come into the team and look like he has been playing week in week out.

Honestly.... He seems to give the ball away five times a match.

I was one who argued hisncase when he first came, but now I have realised he just isn't good enough for our level.

He tries hard to pass the ball forward but it is always straight lines which are easy to intercept. That's not premier league experience.

This could be due to lack of matches but I still think he should be better.

The problem is, it is hard to find a player to sign and be happy sitting on the bench. Jags Distin and Stones are the first three, without doubt. Between Jags and Stones the right side is sown up for the next decade. Unless you are a left footed centre half and think you can replace Distin, there isnt much chance for a centre half at Everton.

The same at right back really, Coleman has probably got the next six years at his peak, you would have to be a really special right back to replace him. So a back up is hard to find.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...