IGNORED

David Moyes thread

An interesting observation made at the BBC website after today's bore draw between ManU and Chelsea: "It is United's first goalless draw at home in the league since 16 May 2009, a run of 76 matches with a goal comes to an end - at David Moyes's first attempt." Coincident, or a change in strategy/style when playing the 'big' teams?

An interesting observation made at the BBC website after today's bore draw between ManU and Chelsea: "It is United's first goalless draw at home in the league since 16 May 2009, a run of 76 matches with a goal comes to an end - at David Moyes's first attempt." Coincident, or a change in strategy/style when playing the 'big' teams?

It could be worse. United could have lost 0-1 like they did last season.

from BBC:

1. 1637:
    BOLT TO THE BOSS

How about this for bizarre? Usain Bolt has recorded a video message aimed at Manchester United boss David Moyes. "I'm a big fan of Manchester United," said Bolt. "Dave Moyes, we need a creative midfielder. One that can pass and create opportunities. Right now. More control. Serious face." Dave, really?

_69591683_93efb1c1-d9fd-4ee8-ad72-542fcc

looking at the game today, Utd could do worse than sign him :rofl:

Edited by Matt

Moyesy doesn't like players who play defence splitting balls into gaps for the strikers to run onto, he prefers the full backs and defenders to hit the target man.

That was my conclusion after seeing arteta revert to a defensive midfield crab. That was my conclusion when I seen Rodwell and Barkley played as right midfielders.

Did anyone see Ashley young and a couple others stare bemused at Moyes when he was talking at the dug out?

His team selection seemed odd. The strategy appeared to be, again, not to lose - and once Liverpool scored there was no backup plan. ManU really appear to be missing Rooney, and their midfield is woefully inadequate right now. For Moyes to claim this was their best game so far and to suggest he needs to bring in no new players was to bury his head in the sand. He's going to go all out now to get both Fellaini and Baines - and we should make decent money from the deal.

The game today really shows why DM can never beat top teams, let alone Liverpool. You can't go into such games with a negative approach: You have to play to win.

He also left Kagawa out of the squad in order to play bums like Valencia and Young.

Valencia is the perfect Moyes winger. He will run up and down the wing all day long, track back and put some quality into the box without really creating a whole lot. I bet he is the first name on the team sheet!

Having said that I would still have him here!

Leaving Kagawa out is crazy though. I follow Evil Kagawa on Twitter and every tweet cracks me up!

Everyone glad he's gone then?

In a word, Yes.

I got no animosity towards Moyes, but we were never going to win a damn thing so long as the Scot remained in charge. Kenwright was content to see him continue in the job year after year, with no real end product by way of a trophy, but some of us, weren't so tolerant.

Seems he's continuing at Manchester United where he left off at Everton, by way of hesitations and tentative approaches, so fuck knows where it's going to end for them this season. The domination of the last 20 years could well be at an end now Ferguson has retired, and while I don't see them going back to how it was with Atkinson in the 1980s, they've really stepped down a little now. Could be an ever growing downward spiral so long as Moyes is in charge. Will be interesting to see how long their owners tolerate Moyes often frustrating approaches.