IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Fuck me can you imagine if we beat them a OT!? Something Moyes never did, I don't think I'd stop laughing all season

It's very much a flesh and blood reality now. No wins in 21 overdue years but people have attested to how they're simply not the club or team they once were and wouldn't be that much of a surprise if they finish empty handed this season. Don't be surprised if Everton finally come away from Salford sometime soon with maximum points. It'll be damn fine to show Moyes - what he was unable to accomplish, and he had enough opportunites to do so in his time here.

I feel sorry for Kagawa. Went from being one of the best players in the Bundesliga to sitting on the bench behind the likes of Welbeck, Cleverly and Valencia. Even Hernandez isnt getting a sniff without RVP in the team.

Man Utd's squad isnt the strongest but it doesnt help if you dont pick the best 11 players at your disposal. Iv heard plenty of people on Twitter say he was left with a crap squad, but he had all summer and a blank cheque to get that sorted and he failed.

City's squad has cost them about 600 million over the last 5 years, so they should have a strong one. For me, United is full of players that need to be sold off, and I think Moyes will be assessing things before making big changes. He's got a fine record in the market, so let's not forget that.

City's squad has cost them about 600 million over the last 5 years, so they should have a strong one. For me, United is full of players that need to be sold off, and I think Moyes will be assessing things before making big changes. He's got a fine record in the market, so let's not forget that.

A fine record in the lower end of the market Av. When he's had money his record ain't so great.

In all seriousness the last transfer window gives an indication as to what he is like with money. He tits about thinking the other club will be thankful for such mega money (less than player is worth) and they will wrap up the player and deliver him. We seen this with moutinho.... Then he went and payed over the odds for Fellaini. The same happened again a few weeks ago.

He may come good in that regards but for me he's had to be too small time for too long.

A fine record in the lower end of the market Av. When he's had money his record ain't so great.

In all seriousness the last transfer window gives an indication as to what he is like with money. He tits about thinking the other club will be thankful for such mega money (less than player is worth) and they will wrap up the player and deliver him. We seen this with moutinho.... Then he went and payed over the odds for Fellaini. The same happened again a few weeks ago.

He may come good in that regards but for me he's had to be too small time for too long.

You talk about the lower end of the market like it's a charity shop. It's nothing to do with lower end, and everything to do with finding top players before they come to fruition.

There is no reason to stop doing that at United either. He just has the luxury of funding at United.

How has his record 'with' money been poor? He's only been at United for a handful of games and he bought Fellaini, who many valued as one of the games top midfielders. We don't know the circumstances of the sale, so can only speculate as to why it was a late purchase, and we also don't know his financial situation there. It could be that they are not as willing to spend money as we think.

Evertons players are hardly small time Haf. Nearly everybody is an International so we're hardly Accrington Stanley.

Moyes best signings historically are in the lower range. Howard, jags, lescott, baines, Cahill, pienaar, arteta, Coleman, distin. When he goes the higher end of our budget he tends to lose his value.., billy, yak, aj, Beattie. The only one that really worked out was felli and to be honest he was £5m over priced at the time.

Moyes best market historically have been high paid low transfer value players like Howard, arteta, pienaar, distin, or your talented lower level players like baines, Cahill, Coleman. They ain't shite by any means just low risk high reward.

He is now expected to operate in the financially high risk market..., his first signing - a low risk player - Fellaini. He passed on Ozil - for me the best creative midfielder around. He dithered on thiago - the next xavi IMO. Fellaini is good and will do a job....is he going to be £27m for united? Nope. For arsenal or Chelsea yes.

Moyes best signings historically are in the lower range. Howard, jags, lescott, baines, Cahill, pienaar, arteta, Coleman, distin. When he goes the higher end of our budget he tends to lose his value.., billy, yak, aj, Beattie. The only one that really worked out was felli and to be honest he was £5m over priced at the time.

Moyes best market historically have been high paid low transfer value players like Howard, arteta, pienaar, distin, or your talented lower level players like baines, Cahill, Coleman. They ain't shite by any means just low risk high reward.

He is now expected to operate in the financially high risk market..., his first signing - a low risk player - Fellaini. He passed on Ozil - for me the best creative midfielder around. He dithered on thiago - the next xavi IMO. Fellaini is good and will do a job....is he going to be £27m for united? Nope. For arsenal or Chelsea yes.

I'll tell David to drop by sometime before January and you can give him a few tips. :P

Could be a long hard season for Manchester United and Moyes. They got Liverpool tomorrow in the league cup and want them to smash the shite for that one but can't see any trophy by way of end product for this year. Maybe in a year or two if still in the job he could work something for them but really can't see any success in his first year.

Maybe Av, but the same Utd squad did alright last year. In recent years Man City v Man Utd has been about the individuals versus the team. On Sunday it was almost the other way round. I dont think Utd need to strengthen a lot, they just needed to add a couple of world class players so that they can use the likes of Welbeck, Cleverly and Valencia as back ups. A team like Utd shouldnt be relying on Smalling or Jones as a RB. Yes they might get away with it but you dont win many big games like that. Same with the likes of Welbeck playing wide or even up front.

City are a strong team but they havent really got it together yet. They just turned up to win whereas Utd didnt. It will be interesting to see the players/managers reaction tomorrow night at Old Trafford.

He admits they played poorly against Man City (which is correct) but believes they played well in all other games. Honestly, I thought they were even worse when they played Palace - and that was with van Persie playing. He's right that it's a period of transition, though, and it looks like he's trying to tactfully say that the first team is not as good as others make out. He's in a tough spot.

Forgot all about that. So Manchester United had the win then. Got to be pleased as it constitutes a Liverpool defeat and like us, all they can win now this season is the FA Cup next year. I don't know of any other League cup games this night. Not interested would be best said.

Wait a damn minute, just realized this game was at Anfield ? So Moyes finally managed a victory there ? Goddamn it, one for the history books.

Forgot all about that. So Manchester United had the win then. Got to be pleased as it constitutes a Liverpool defeat and like us, all they can win now this season is the FA Cup next year. I don't know of any other League cup games this night. Not interested would be best said.

Wait a damn minute, just realized this game was at Anfield ? So Moyes finally managed a victory there ? Goddamn it, one for the history books.

:doh::beer:

watching moyes walk off the pitch last night you would have thought he had just won the cup! I watched the game and thought Rooney aside man united looked flat and uninventive... a player that was supposedly there to fill in for RVP...

I thought it was a pretty dull affair with Liverpool unlucky not to have scored a couple at the end... There is a genuine lack of belief in that team, any manc fans saying otherwise are kidding themselves

Phil Neville continues to annoy me even though he has nothing to do with Everton any more. I need to relax a bit.

On Liverpool - I think Suarez will torment teams once he shakes off the ring rust. Kelly is fit again which is a major bonus for them and they have Johnson and Coutinho to return. No cup distractions for The Sh*te so I think they will push hard but probably come up short of fourth place.

On United - pleased as The Wizard will be there are still more questions than answers. Jonny Evans was man of the Match but he let a ball just drift over his head at one point - which Suarez mis-controlled. Nothing to blow the skirt up other than Rooney and Van Persie - possibly the new youngster who is knocking on the door. Maybe they can get something nice for Christmas.