IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Let's contrast the two managers. Yesterday, RM took his Everton side into the dressing room at half-time being a goal down and playing poorly. He made two, soon to be three, bold tactical moves, and Everton dominated the second half and won the game. Today, DM took his ManU side into the dressing room at half-time being two goals down and playing poorly. Is he bold or is he cautious? Is he a master tactician, or does he play the same way no matter what? We shall soon see.

We'll take Felli back in the Summer for 5 million.

Don't want him, he's said he's playing with better players at United, what an insult to a lot of Everton players.

When he was at Everton at least he managed to beat City on quite a few occasions!

And they definitely didn't put four past us when he was here -- unless I'm mistaken?

And they definitely didn't put four past us when he was here -- unless I'm mistaken?

Just goes to show that people don't always read the statistics page. Manchester City had a 5 - 1 win over Everton at the tail end of the 2003 / 04 season (May 15 2004 to be exact) when David Moyes was of course mananger here.

They also beat us by 5 - 0 just before Christmas 2000 incidentally, but Smith would have been in charge of that one. Maybe recall an incident on the team bus coming back with one of our players and they cancelled some Christmas activities as a direct result of it.

Moyes or no Moyes, just pleased enough with the final outcome, although City could have had a few more if they were so inclined but appeared to be content to see the game out after a four goal lead, before the opposition got one back in the second half.

But still a very satisfactory result. Just could have been better from this perspective.

Just goes to show that people don't always read the statistics page. Manchester City had a 5 - 1 win over Everton at the tail end of the 2003 / 04 season (May 15 2004 to be exact) when David Moyes was of course mananger here.

They also beat us by 5 - 0 just before Christmas 2000 incidentally, but Smith would have been in charge of that one. Maybe recall an incident on the team bus coming back with one of our players and they cancelled some Christmas activities as a direct result of it.

Moyes or no Moyes, just pleased enough with the final outcome, although City could have had a few more if they were so inclined but appeared to be content to see the game out after a four goal lead, before the opposition got one back in the second half.

But still a very satisfactory result. Just could have been better from this perspective.

They've never beaten us at Old Trafford by 4 goals. :happy:

In the post-game press interview, DM just repeated his stupid allegation of the early fixture list being rigged against him: "The start to the season could be a lot better. We did say it could be difficult start. I wasn't convinced when the balls came out of the Premier League bag and I'm still not convinced."

Here's what the BBC website has to say about that: "Moyes' repeated suggestion that the fixture list was somehow engineered to give United a tough start is also a difficult one to understand. It seems far-fetched, pointless now the season has started and an open invite for the Football Association to investigate whether he has brought the game into disrepute."

Sometimes, in the face of embarrassment, it's best just to admit to a bad day, shut up, and move on.

In the post-game press interview, DM just repeated his stupid allegation of the early fixture list being rigged against him: "The start to the season could be a lot better. We did say it could be difficult start. I wasn't convinced when the balls came out of the Premier League bag and I'm still not convinced."

Here's what the BBC website has to say about that: "Moyes' repeated suggestion that the fixture list was somehow engineered to give United a tough start is also a difficult one to understand. It seems far-fetched, pointless now the season has started and an open invite for the Football Association to investigate whether he has brought the game into disrepute."

Sometimes, in the face of embarrassment, it's best just to admit to a bad day, shut up, and move on.

It's a bit sad to be champions 13 times in the Prem era and complain about fixtures. I don't remember Aston Villa kicking up too much of a fuss at their fixtures.

It all looked a bit weird seeing Moyes and his coaching staff sat in the dug out looking clueless. United really were bad today, and looked like an old team. Ferguson left a really poor squad by United's standards, champions or not.

You have to think why, with all the talent at ManU, were they so completely outplayed today? I wonder whether part of it is the lack of substitutions so far this season and a lack of player rotation. Ferdinand just played three full games in seven days, for example, and he's already struggling to keep up. Why not rest him mid-week? Why not use all three substitutes today to give him a break and to keep others match-ready? Up-front, they have not played Zaha all season. Why ever not?

I'm so pleased to see how we're using substitutes, and I hope we rotate players mid-week as well. There's little point in having a squad with more depth if you don't take advantage of it. They are not there simply to fill in when there are injuries.

You have to think why, with all the talent at ManU, were they so completely outplayed today?.

That's the point. Take away Rooney, Rvp and Vidic and your left with a very average, ageing squad. Rio is still a good player but his best days are behind him. Take a look at their midfield, Carrick, Fellaini, young and Valencia. Does that look like a title winning midfield? Even Tottenhams midfield is 10x better than that and they are aiming for top 4.

I said it a lot last year that united did not have the squad to win the league. It was SAF's ability to know how to win games that won them the league. Take him away and you're left with an average/ageing squad barring RVP, Rooney and Vidic.Their squad needed a major overhaul this summer IMO, they needed creativity through the centre of midfield and a couple of wingers who know how to beat a man.

Unsurprisingly, Moyes isn't exactly renowned for these type of signings and chased a DM and a LB. Herrera would have been a good signing but they still needed more. Look at City, Chelsea even Tottenham and Arsenals midfield and tell me it's not 100000x better than what United have. Cleverly is lucky to be playing for a top 10 team never mind the champions, same goes for young. Valencia I like as he works hard and can provide moments of quality but he's not good enough to be a regular for the champions of England. Carrick again I like but even he is 32 and isn't the player he was and will only get worse. Felli we all know is a good player and I think he will do well for united but the defensive side of their team isn't the problem.

Their midfield is so mediocre is frightening. They'll be lucky to get 3rd this year as the signings the other top teams have made are streets ahead of Uniteds midfield and without SAF's know how, they will suffer.

might as well play a raffle winner ahead of young...never seen such a one dimensional footballer

This. All day. He's the most predictable player I can think of in the game. He makes a run down the left flank, cuts it back, and tries to do an out-swinging cross with his right. Vastly overrated!

I feel sorry for Kagawa. Went from being one of the best players in the Bundesliga to sitting on the bench behind the likes of Welbeck, Cleverly and Valencia. Even Hernandez isnt getting a sniff without RVP in the team.

Man Utd's squad isnt the strongest but it doesnt help if you dont pick the best 11 players at your disposal. Iv heard plenty of people on Twitter say he was left with a crap squad, but he had all summer and a blank cheque to get that sorted and he failed.