IGNORED

David Moyes thread

He gives the impression that he thinks we haven't moved on and wish he was still here...

I would love to give him the impression that he outstayed his welcome 5 years ago - trying to make out he was doing us a favour .. sandbagging prick wanted to make out a draw was a good result for them today.

Sad reality is that when he's sacked and sitting on £30m I will be still slating the prick whilst working to support a family. Oh well...

I would love to give him the impression that he outstayed his welcome 5 years ago - trying to make out he was doing us a favour .. sandbagging prick wanted to make out a draw was a good result for them today.

Sad reality is that when he's sacked and sitting on £30m I will be still slating the prick whilst working to support a family. Oh well...

I think I want to win on Wednesday more than I wanted to beat the shite last weekend.

I think I want to win on Wednesday more than I wanted to beat the shite last weekend.

Absolutely, I wanna see that dour "look at me, I'm such an alpha male, look at my intense 50 yard stare" prick retreat to his "I'm holding my head in disbelief that these medal winners can't understand Davie baresi and his unique tactics"

Bring them on...

I really want a win but can see Utd winning and him showing where his allegiance really lies. Not that Id blame him, but I really dont want to see him celebrate a Utd goal. I think that would be a very, very dangerous moment....

My expectation is that Moyes wants to win badly and he will struggle to contain his emotions, he will be patrolling the technical area barking and staring whilst RM will remain his controlled strategic self.

Our away support will be very noisy and I expect a very feisty game.

Moyes will no doubt destroy any remaining affection some of our misty eyed fans have for him, too many believe that he is an Evertonian and secretly loves us, unfortunately it's a business - we were an employer to him and we served our purpose.

The relationship after this game will probably be totally broken. I expect Moyes to make some catty comments such as:-

"Everton are a good team, I know that as I signed most of the players there, it doesn't surprise me they are doing well"

"This will be a big game for Everton, they will want to get one over me and united as we are a massive club and are the champions"

"Ross Barkley is starting to show the ability I knew he had, the boy needed looking after and I like to think he is showing the benefit from that, I gave him his debut"

You know the passive aggressive digs he likes to make...

"Everton are a good team, I know that as I signed most of the players there, it doesn't surprise me they are doing well"

"This will be a big game for Everton, they will want to get one over me and united as we are a massive club and are the champions""Ross Barkley is starting to show the ability I knew he had, the boy needed looking after and I like to think he is showing the benefit from that, I gave him his debut"

yea Haf but in fairness all three of these are true.

I dont really care what he says but I really really want us to beat Man U for many reasons, some of them being:

I support Everton and always want them to win

I have always considered Man U away to be one of the biggest games of the season

They have so many supporters in Sweden and Everton have so few. (about 3)

I Want Everton to show Felli that he made the wrong choice and that he could have gotten CL football here

DM needs a beating for pursueing Baines and Felli in the manor that he did.

I dislike Manchester United, simple as. (stems back to SAF and the way he behaved/complained, talked to the fourth etc (and the constant chewing of gum)

yea Haf but in fairness all three of these are true.

I dont really care what he says but I really really want us to beat Man U for many reasons, some of them being:

I support Everton and always want them to win

I have always considered Man U away to be one of the biggest games of the season

They have so many supporters in Sweden and Everton have so few. (about 3)

I Want Everton to show Felli that he made the wrong choice and that he could have gotten CL football here

DM needs a beating for pursueing Baines and Felli in the manor that he did.

I dislike Manchester United, simple as. (stems back to SAF and the way he behaved/complained, talked to the fourth etc (and the constant chewing of gum)

As true as the comments may well be - they can be analysed...

Martinez has brought in a new midfield - Barry, McCarthy and Barkley is the best trio I have seen in quite some time (I did like Fernandez, Arteta and Carsley though). Felli will be a little bit overawed I think, it would not surprise me to see him try and "do" McCarthy/Barry as he will no doubt be aware that they have improved us...

I think Barkley would still be warming the bench if Moyes was still here...

United are no better than anyone else we have played against, champions the may be but they have been poor. Best team we have played is Man City followed by Chelsea. We can do these!

My expectation is that Moyes wants to win badly and he will struggle to contain his emotions, he will be patrolling the technical area barking and staring whilst RM will remain his controlled strategic self.

Our away support will be very noisy and I expect a very feisty game.

Moyes will no doubt destroy any remaining affection some of our misty eyed fans have for him, too many believe that he is an Evertonian and secretly loves us, unfortunately it's a business - we were an employer to him and we served our purpose.

The relationship after this game will probably be totally broken. I expect Moyes to make some catty comments such as:-

"This will be a big game for Everton, they will want to get one over me and united as we are a massive club and are the champions"

"Ross Barkley is starting to show the ability I knew he had, the boy needed looking after and I like to think he is showing the benefit from that, I gave him his debut"

"It could be mixed," he said, when asked about the reception he will receive. "They know their football and understand exactly where their club has gone.

"More importantly, they understand the players who are in their team. I brought the majority in and they will understand there are a lot of good players. But it is football and you never know."

Moyes defended his conduct in May, when it was confirmed he was leaving Goodison Park to replace the retiring Sir Alex Ferguson at Old Trafford.

He said: "My contract was running out and I only found out about the Manchester United job four weeks before the end of the season

"If you said how you would leave a club, I don't know if I could have done it any better. I don't know if anybody could. At the first right opportunity I tried to speak to [chairman] Bill Kenwright and that is how we handled it."

Moyes also tipped his cap to his successor Roberto Martinez, who has taken Everton to fifth place, three spots above United in the table, but hinted that his task was easier because he had laid the groundwork.

He added: "He has very good players there. I always told them they could play without a manager because they are very well organised. But Roberto is doing a really good job keeping it going."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/263153.html#3my8fzBSgAXIFQWA.99

No surprises there then eh... maybe it needs pointing out that we will probably start with 4 players he didn't sign - nearly a third of the side... deluded .

More than a third of the side actually (just for the sake of being pedantic :P).

Doh Was meant to say that (4/11) - happy to be corrected as it supports the argument further!

Really can't stand that man. We are unrecognisable from his style of football - to say our team could play without a manager makes me question as to how a league winning team can look worse under a new manager....

Martinez had an easier job because he set the foundations?!?! YOU INHERITED THE FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING TEAM, DICKHEAD!!!! Fuck me, what more bloody foundations do you want than a team put together by one of the most successful managers of all time!

ARGH! That's really pissed me off!!!!

EXACTLY... lay the foundations??? SAF built him a castle and he has gone about watching it fall apart. A good reason I have disliked this sandbagger for so long.

Just watched the actual interview, and to be honest he's very respectful. Article has spun this and I shouldn't have fallen for it...

You can see it on premierleague.com under videos

I've watched the interview and what's been reported is exactly what he's said.

It sounds like he's paying compliments but they're veiled digs, and him taking credit.

Edit - I suppose it depends on the reader/watcher and how they interpret his comments.

Edited by Romey 1878

Interpretation of how things are said is what enables people to try and make veiled digs, for me the transcript says what he said. They know that the people will take the quotes verbatim and reporoduce them in the papers, hence getting the digs in ever so nicely.

Must admit I think RM mentioning 11 years with no away wins is a cracker... more or less calling moyes negative...

I've watched the interview and what's been reported is exactly what he's said.

It sounds like he's paying compliments but they're veiled digs, and him taking credit.

Edit - I suppose it depends on the reader/watcher and how they interpret his comments.

it was comments in the ESPN article like "but hinted that his task was easier because he had laid the groundwork" - he did no such hinting; he simply pointed to the fact that he had brought most of the players in (which he has) and set them up in such a way that they were already well structured (which he did) - something Martinez has already recognized several times - in a respectful tone...

Edited by Matt

it was comments in the ESPN article like "but hinted that his task was easier because he had laid the groundwork" - he did no such hinting; he simply pointed to the fact that he had brought most of the players in (which he has) and set them up in such a way that they were already well structured (which he did) - something Martinez has already recognized several times - in a respectful tone...

Like I said, it's all about interpretation and the writer of that article has interpreted that way.

What he went about doing Matt was to more or less state that Everton have done well because he was the manager who gave them the platform and the players to do so - he couldn't avoid the fact that Martinez has significantly improved our style with additions like McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku, Deulofeu - so he gave a little "Roberto has done a really good job of keeping it going"

"Roberto has done a really good job of keeping it going"..... hmmm lets see Dave "keep it going", you mean he didn't whine like a little brat when someone was trying to sign your key players - and when he did sell he went and bought in better replacements rather than throw money at Bilyaletdinov....

Keeping it going would mean "the juggernaut is in full flow - don't touch the brakes" - quite the opposite to what he has done at United.... Got rid of a title winning backroom staff and replaced them with teachers pet Neville, Lumsden, Round and Woods???

The man can't see what an arse he has made of himself.

Like Romey says, it's about interpretation. I interpreted the article in a negative way, because that's how it's written and presented. Watching him speak its completely different, certainly not intentionally condescending. His "keeping it going" is most likely more related to the fact there's been no dip in form considering such an upheaval than a "blowing his own trumpet - they're only doing well because of me". Why do I say that? Because he has given us the template. If Martinez had inherited a team like Fulham or Palace, he wouldn't be able to flourish as quickly. But he inherited a solid team, put together by Moyes....

harsh saying moyes didn't spend well haf..he's being a bit of a cock but bily was one of few he got wrong

His best signings were well researched or loan to buy (pienaar, Arteta, cahill).... his worst ones were reputation/foreign panic buys. Overall he signed very well, but I think it is fair to say he needs an age to pick his man, he demonstrated this in the summer with United, many of us said dithering Dave would do what he did.

To be fair to RM, he came in and seen what was wrong with the dynamic, realised that Fellaini was the saleable asset and moved swiftly and decisively in esuring his departure was covered. Moyes knew way before he went to united what he needed to do - we even allowed him to start early - that still didn't ensure he strengthened where he needed to in replacing scholes and getting a dynamic midfield general. He wasted energy pursuing players he couldn't get and wasted time missing out on the ones he could have had - along with his Rooney battle it was a poorly spent window...