IGNORED

David Moyes thread

This guy seems to have it in for Moyes though. DM must have slept with his wife or something. Why does he feel the need to talk about DM an Man U in his podcasts all of the time? Did he get turned down for a coaching job by Moyes?

This guy seems to have it in for Moyes though. DM must have slept with his wife or something. Why does he feel the need to talk about DM an Man U in his podcasts all of the time? Did he get turned down for a coaching job by Moyes?

I've followed his comments for a while and - while he's a bellend - he clearly knows what he is talking about. English football - and Man United especially - is in the dark ages compared to the continent with respect to these sort of things.

• 2 weeks later...

With today's home defeat, following on the heels of the defeat to Spurs, David Moyes has to be in trouble. His post-match interviews are embarrassing - always along the lines of "We played really well, we were unlucky, the ref cost us the match." It's clear he doesn't have the confidence of the players, and more and more fans appear to be turning on him. Whether it's solely his fault or not, I can sense the need for a scapegoat some time soon.

This would have been ten years since Manchester United last won the FA Cup if they had managed it, and tonight, they don't even have that - and then you realize who is team manager. would have said United are going back to how they were under Atkinson in the 1980s, but at least that name achieved two FA Cup successes.

It would appear David Moyes is incapable of being a trophy winning manager for any team, and so long as he remains in charge there, they're simply not going to achieve anything. Under Ferguson, Swansea City would not have won today, and it seems the Welsh scored late in the game, so if Moyes was trying for a draw and his usual safety first policies towards the end - boring the crowd to death with it - it simply didn't come to effect today.

I've got no real malice towards Manchester United, but they're far from a favorite club side, so say now that hope Moyes stays on for another year or two and they continue to endure difficulties.

they fell out of the FA cup, if they get knocked out of the League Cup, don't make europe (champs or europa) and get knocked out of the champs league will they fire moyes? it's pretty likely it will happen barring some massive january signings that turn the team around (again highly unlikely), so do you think the glazers will fire him? surely their investors will be losing tons of money and going further into massive debt.

I have a lot of respect for what Moyes did at Everton there is no doubting he piled the ground and laid a solid foundation slab at a club that has struggled for years. I questioned his tactics often, he played many players out of position and pushed aside many a player in favor of his favorites and that, lets get the sub undressed 7 times before finally bringing them on in injury time thing he did drove me crazy. Credit where credits due tho he steadied the ship, gave me a European tour and put in a shift for my beloved club.

It's a pity he turned the second he walked out the door and now tbh he will get what he deserves, if he turns it around at utd good on him and if he gets the sack I'll laugh my lil man boobs off. He is the past and Bobby's brown shoes are the future!

Onwards and upwards later Moyesy!!

I've been thinking about this from the perspective of the Glasers. They won't want to lose money (a huge factor) but neither will they want to lose face (maybe an even bigger factor). So what can they do? Do nothing and lose a heap of money; fire Moyes and completely lose face. There is another alternative: appoint SAF to some type of support role (in public) while asking him to take temporary control to sort out the team's malaise (behind the scenes).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2534925/David-Moyes-handed-200m-rebuild-Manchester-United.html

steve, or put a 200 mil transfer budget at moyes disposal. i think it will backfire and be much like spurs where their is no continuity or gelling and it's stars all playing for themselves. maybe in a year or 2 it will come good (like man city), but i don't think it will resurrect this campaign.

Manchester United fan to beeb via text...

DM's biggest mistake for me is to openly admit your team is not good. Statements like "we need world class players, or getting new signings in January would enable us to challenge for the title" are uncalled for. It doesn't breed confidence within players when you are made to realise you are rubbish and could be on your way out soon.

Manchester United fan to beeb via text...

DM's biggest mistake for me is to openly admit your team is not good. Statements like "we need world class players, or getting new signings in January would enable us to challenge for the title" are uncalled for. It doesn't breed confidence within players when you are made to realise you are rubbish and could be on your way out soon.

He's not a good man manager, IMO. Always saying things publicly that will dent players' confidence.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

"We played really well..." Are you kidding me?

"We played total crap..." Dent players' confidence.

"The ref was total crap..." Just excuses.

No. He's basically said that the players he has are poor and they need better ones. Which is true. But, he's got to get those players playing for him until he can bring better ones in. So, criticising them publicly is not what you do. That's what I mean about man management; he's shit at it.

It also screams of, "shit, I need to deflect the negative attention away from myself. I know, I'll blame the players." Again, poor man management. Most great managers do the opposite when their team is in trouble and take the flak instead of their players.

Gotta say that junuzaj is one player, will laugh my arse off when he does to them what Rooney did to us. Barca or Real will come knocking for him and will get him.

Just enjoying watching an arrogant manager, and an arrogant set of fans get a dose of reality.

Did anyone see Bobby Charlton give SAF a head shake? How much are they prepared to give Moyes? His post match interview blames referees???

They will probably win 3-0 at old Trafford but they are still shite.

Appears it may have been League Cup action tonight at the semi-final stages but missed all that until reading the above. Not basically interested although hope City give the oppostion a heavy beating tomorrow. Wasn't even aware who the other two sides were until seeing the above mentioned.

Thing is, Moyes still has every chance of taking a trophy this calendar year and something he was unable to accomplish in over a decade here. And why believe Manchester will have enough in the return when Sunderland recently grabbed a victory at Goodison Park. Small insignificant clubs usually get to the final (and often win) the League Cup competition so no surprise if Sunderland make the final event. Say United go out at home on the night, and with no real opportunity to win anything again, and it woudn't be no shock of epic propotions if Moyes was fired next close season. The subsequent reponses on this particular thread may prove as equally short as Moyes immediate managerial future.

And now it appears that poor David Moyes is in trouble with the FA for his negative comments about referees. Honestly, he needs to be. Other managers have been penalized for making far less strident accusations. The sign of someone lacking in confidence: When in trouble, blame others.

If they fine him he can take it out of the £100k he was paid by us whilst working for the mancs.