IGNORED

David Moyes thread

It's not really his fault, though. Without Rooney, United don't really have a team.

Same team as last year and he didnt play every match!

People can say what they like about the squad Ferguson left Moyes but he had the whole summer to do something about it and signed Felli.

I do feel sorry for Felli because I thought he played well against us and we would have scored (or gone very close to scoring) a couple of times if it wasnt for his last minute interventions. He was also a bit unlucky not to get more of a block on Lukaku's shot as well (which fell to Oviedo).

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/manchester-uniteds-wilfried-zaha-denies-rumours-he-is-not-playing-due-to-affair-with-david-moyess-daughter-29818497.html

Blimey... First it was meant to be Darron Gibson, then Velios, now Zaha??? Can't be true, Giggs is getting plenty of match time... In all seriousness though, that is family stuff and that shit isn't right to be circulated if untrue.

Is there literally one photo of Moyes' daughter on the net? Or is it that she could be naked in that photo that they always accompany the story with that one!

Edit: First time I saw it, it was cropped a little higher, just seen that she's wearing a dress ;)

Edited by Kohen

Just seen his post match interview... he looks a beaten man.

I still do not understand how he got rid of SAF back room staff... reeks of pure "I've gotta be my own man" - his ego could not handle the thought that he would be facing judgement or questioning by one of SAF's loyal servants.

I've seen this ego many times when he managed Everton - no one tells Davie Moyes what to do - you shout for Barkley, he will give you Heitinga. If a 4-4-2 fails he will refer that the fans wanted it and thats why he knows best.

I would love to see a fly on the wall "Moysies first year at United" - I think I would be hiding behind a cushion.... here's a few things I could imagine....

Phil Neville parked outside Carrington waiting to get in at 5am, telling the security guards to "attack the day"..... off he pops into the complex, upon reaching his office (a converted broom cupboard which he insisted on having "Fizzer" First Team Coach in brass on the door) he inspects the shine, checks his highlights out and logs on to his PC... his first point of call is the 3am column of the daily Mirror, he wants to see if he can grass on any players who may have been photographed leaving Pizza Hut after 8pm - anderson is his main target, he can't wait to get a more talented yet unprofessional player the sack. He glances over at a wall where the names Andy Van der Meyde, Royston Drenthe and Apostolos Vellios have a big red mark through.... the name Anderson and Zaha are on there untouched... for now.

Disappointed that he has nothing to grass them up for he decides that they need to learn to be more professional... "maybe I can save them!!!" says Phil to himself in the mirror. "I know today I will work on a couple of things with them. With Wilf I am going to tell him to play the 30 yard chip ball down the byline to give the opposition fullback a TRICKY ball to chest and pass to a team mate - he always tries to beat a man and get a cross in.... stupid boy." "Now then Anderson.... he is just too casual, the fans think he doesn't care..... bingo! got it! I am going to tell him that every time he gives the 5 yard pass to Januzai, Rooney, or RVP that he is to point at a random place on the pitch and shout with a stern face" "That way when they do something really good the fans will think it happened because Anderson pointed!!!!" I can't wait for David to get in so I can tell him.... In fact I better get making his porridge and polish his shoes for him now."

As Phil makes way to the canteen he sees Steve Round, he doesn't like Steve Round - Steve is too close to the gaffer. Fortunately Steve doesn't see Phil, he is too busy examining his blue tooth earpiece which he forgot he still had attached to his ear when diving in the swimming pool on the summer break. Steve's in a good mood though, RVP is injured, Rooney is banned and David is thinking of playing 6 defenders against the next opposition, he has been telling Moyes he should do this anyway all season.

As Phil passes Steve Round he sees that Chris Woods is in the kit room, Chris was trying on various sized short and adidas mouldy combo's - Chris likes the way his legs look with the white shorts and palmers cocoa butter smothered on, he is really pleased that the tan from the pre season tour to asia is still there in December.

Thats all for now, tune in next week when Davie Moyes gives RVP a DVD showing the best of Steven Naismith, where he also ponders a free move for James McFadden and he makes a big decision to bring in Andy Murray to add energy and motivation to his squad....

Why all the Neville pisstakin?

Moyes, Neville even Woods, I'm guessing they did their best for Everton while they were here, maybe they will be found out, perhaps they aren't the answer that Man utd needed.

surely though this 'wank fest' by some on here is making Everton fans look pretty fucking sad.

I'm loving what Martinez appears to have brought to Everton, but I've a notion that Martinez is here to build and improve what Moyes left behind, he (Martinez) didn't fancy the rs, he would probably have other good offeres in the near future, but he came to us.

Maybe without a Moyes there wouldn't have been a Martinez........guess we'll never know.

I for one am not going to slag the ex-manager and his team, good luck to martinez and good luck to Moyes, if he (Moyes) wants to come and pay well over the odds for Baines, bring it on, Martinez will have a plan in place and the world of football rolls around one more cog, so be it.

Moyes is part of our history and some of his treatment on here is just fucking sad.

Moyes, Neville even Woods, I'm guessing they did their best for Everton while they were here, maybe they will be found out, perhaps they aren't the answer that Man utd needed.

surely though this 'wank fest' by some on here is making Everton fans look pretty fucking sad.

I'm loving what Martinez appears to have brought to Everton, but I've a notion that Martinez is here to build and improve what Moyes left behind, he (Martinez) didn't fancy the rs, he would probably have other good offeres in the near future, but he came to us.

Maybe without a Moyes there wouldn't have been a Martinez........guess we'll never know.

I for one am not going to slag the ex-manager and his team, good luck to martinez and good luck to Moyes, if he (Moyes) wants to come and pay well over the odds for Baines, bring it on, Martinez will have a plan in place and the world of football rolls around one more cog, so be it.

Moyes is part of our history and some of his treatment on here is just fucking sad.

Wait there one moment... the man was given a grand send off, was getting paid to work at United for the first month, knew about the new job way in advance of us knowing "holding off signing my contract till end of season".... then to rub our noses in it, not only makes derisory offers but tells the press that we "should sell because it is man united" and other bullshit...

Newtons law mate - every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If he thought for one minute that respectful ovation would turn into a peaceful "well i'm disappointed in Davie, but I still love him" when he decided to shit on us then he's more deluded than I always knew he was.

He tried to disrupt our start to the season with desperate tactics to try and win favour with his new employers - tactics he openly criticised other teams for. He deserves everything he gets. Why do people get all misty eyed over him? he wasn't serving Everton Football Club, he was serving his own bank account and ego. You would think he did charitable work for us. He leveraged his early popularity and our skint status as a means of giving the board a tough time when renewing his contract... he effectively took a big pay rise as a means of "keep quiet over lack of investment in the squad".... up till that point he had been "I will sign a new contract when I get assurances over investment". Never did he moan over money again - he quite liked the soundbite of "we will see what we can do in the loan market"

When he first went I was just pleased that we had the opportunity of seeing a new manager with new ideas and seeing a manager leave who had gone stale many years before. If he went and behaved respectfully, he would have got a chant off the away fans at old trafford the other night. Everton fans are very generous with old servants of the club who show respect - you only need look at Alan Balls comments over the years to know what we are all about - we are one of the best footballing families there is. Once you cross that family you wish you hadn't....Moyes probably wishes that now - too late.

Wait there one moment... the man was given a grand send off, was getting paid to work at United for the first month, knew about the new job way in advance of us knowing "holding off signing my contract till end of season".... then to rub our noses in it, not only makes derisory offers but tells the press that we "should sell because it is man united" and other bullshit...

Newtons law mate - every action has an equal and opposite reaction. If he thought for one minute that respectful ovation would turn into a peaceful "well i'm disappointed in Davie, but I still love him" when he decided to shit on us then he's more deluded than I always knew he was.

He tried to disrupt our start to the season with desperate tactics to try and win favour with his new employers - tactics he openly criticised other teams for. He deserves everything he gets. Why do people get all misty eyed over him? he wasn't serving Everton Football Club, he was serving his own bank account and ego. You would think he did charitable work for us. He leveraged his early popularity and our skint status as a means of giving the board a tough time when renewing his contract... he effectively took a big pay rise as a means of "keep quiet over lack of investment in the squad".... up till that point he had been "I will sign a new contract when I get assurances over investment". Never did he moan over money again - he quite liked the soundbite of "we will see what we can do in the loan market"

When he first went I was just pleased that we had the opportunity of seeing a new manager with new ideas and seeing a manager leave who had gone stale many years before. If he went and behaved respectfully, he would have got a chant off the away fans at old trafford the other night. Everton fans are very generous with old servants of the club who show respect - you only need look at Alan Balls comments over the years to know what we are all about - we are one of the best footballing families there is. Once you cross that family you wish you hadn't....Moyes probably wishes that now - too late.

Moyes never said he was an Everton fan, he was just here doing a job, the same as Martinez.That's what he's now doing at United, just doing a job.That's why he wants Baines, the best left back in the prem, it makes sence to him.You need to wipe the Blue tears from your eyes and understand people can work at Goodison park without going home and having a wank every night.

Martinez will do his best for Everton and be paid well, but when the time comes he will move on, he's just doing a job.I'm just going to accept how things work and enjoy every good thing he brings to our club and when he struggles a bit get behind him, pretty much like we did Moyes.

It's looking likely Moyes probably did stay a couple of seasons to long but had he gone then, who would be manager now, amybe it's all worked for the best as Martinez seem a brilliant appointment.

Just a bit sad your hate for Moyes and woods' cocoa buttered legs seems so strong.Moyes did what was best for himself and HIS family what's hard to understand about that, we cashed in to a certain extent, became the 'Peoples club' admired by many for how the club was run and finished top 6 for most of his time here......maybe you wanted 'Big Sam' here instead! I don't remember many big name managers wanting an ' on the way down skint Everton' on their cv!

If you want a manager who loves Everton...go fetch Howard back, because Martinez doesn't.....he's just doing a job, a friggin good one at the moment.

Edited by Blue 250

Moyes never said he was an Everton fan, he was just here doing a job, the same as Martinez.That's what he's now doing at United, just doing a job.That's why he wants Baines, the best left back in the prem, it makes sence to him.You need to the Moyes regime ase the Blue tears from your eyes and understand people can work at Goodison park without going home and having a wank every night.

Martinez will do his best for Everton and be paid well, but when the time comes he will move on, he's just doing a job.I'm just going to accept how things work and enjoy every good thing he brings to our club and when he struggles a bit get behind him, pretty much like we did Moyes.

It's looking likely Moyes probably did stay a couple of seasons to long but had he gone then, who would be manager now, amybe it's all worked for the best as Martinez seem a brilliant appointment.

Just a bit sad your hate for Moyes and woods' cocoa buttered legs seems so strong.Moyes did what was best for himself and HIS family what's hard to understand about that, we cashed in to a certain extent, became the 'Peoples club' admired by many for how the club was run and finished top 6 for most of his time here......maybe you wanted 'Big Sam' here instead! I don't remember many big name managers wanting an ' on the way down skint Everton' on their cv!

If you want a manager who loves Everton...go fetch Howard back, because Martinez doesn't.....he's just doing a job, a friggin good one at the moment.

I'm sorry but you seem to be missing the hypocritical bullshit that Moyes has saddled himself with. Nothing to do with being a fan, they are in an industry that relies on treating the patrons who line their pockets with respect.

He demanded loyalty from his players that he chose to blatantly disregard from himself. Nothing worse than a leader who expects his people to do as I say don't do as I do.

He liked the "grass isn't always greener" quote, how appropriate. Maybe that story needs expanding to him... "The grass isn't always greener on the other side, so be careful not to shit on your old lawn before you climb over the fence, it may just get thrown at you"

With regards to Sam allardyce, I have no idea where that comes from. The Chris woods cocoa butter Steve round is a tongue in cheek Piss take at a new united regime that isn't working after taking over a champions league, premier league winning back room staff... Don't take it so serious.

Some may see the Moyes regime as a part of history, sadly that history will show zero honours. Watching how united are is it any surprise? I wasn't, over rated manager who valued his stock far higher than he should have done.

No need to criticise Neville in my opinion as he hasn't done anything wrong. He gave us years of good service, as did Moyes. We really need to stop talking about them and move on. It's becoming a bit childish now. Both gave their all at Everton and you can't disagree with that. That's why I still respect both and won't criticise them. They've moved on and so should we. Let's just enjoy our new transformation under Martinez and look forward to the years ahead. United games will always be tasty, but other than that, I won't be talking about them.

I'm sorry but you seem to be missing the hypocritical bullshit that Moyes has saddled himself with. Nothing to do with being a fan, they are in an industry that relies on treating the patrons who line their pockets with respect.

He demanded loyalty from his players that he chose to blatantly disregard from himself. Nothing worse than a leader who expects his people to do as I say don't do as I do.

He liked the "grass isn't always greener" quote, how appropriate. Maybe that story needs expanding to him... "The grass isn't always greener on the other side, so be careful not to shit on your old lawn before you climb over the fence, it may just get thrown at you"

With regards to Sam allardyce, I have no idea where that comes from. The Chris woods cocoa butter Steve round is a tongue in cheek Piss take at a new united regime that isn't working after taking over a champions league, premier league winning back room staff... Don't take it so serious.

Some may see the Moyes regime as a part of history, sadly that history will show zero honours. Watching how united are is it any surprise? I wasn't, over rated manager who valued his stock far higher than he should have done.

The Allardyce reference comes from the time Walter Smith was on his way out of an Everton who were on their way down.Most managers were ready to give us a swerve and it seemed a toss up between the likes of 'Big Sam' or Andy Gray!!

Moyes came in, created the peoples club, gained us respect, got us champions league football, banished thoughts of relegation, instead gave us hope of European football and had just mastered the art of finishing above the rs.Sure Moyes isn't perfect and sure his time with us was without a trophy, maybe Sam could have fluked us a cup and taken us down at the same time, I prefer what Moyes did stabalized the club took us to a good level and has now left us in good hands.

You need to stop your constant attack on Moyes and his merry men.Moyes going means Martinez can take up the challange, a challange most Evertonians are looking forward to.I think Most Evertonians can recognize what Moyes did in his time here.It's pack mentality to try and rip him to pieces now he's having problems, I'm sure you can't wait for him to get sacked.

Martinez will move on when the time is right for him, how is that different to what Moyes has done.

I'm finished on this subject...........I'm moving onto what Martinez can do for us.

No need to criticise Neville in my opinion as he hasn't done anything wrong. He gave us years of good service, as did Moyes. We really need to stop talking about them and move on. It's becoming a bit childish now. Both gave their all at Everton and you can't disagree with that. That's why I still respect both and won't criticise them. They've moved on and so should we. Let's just enjoy our new transformation under Martinez and look forward to the years ahead. United games will always be tasty, but other than that, I won't be talking about them.

It's not criticism, it's Piss taking... Even his Everton teammates took the Piss out of him regarding sucking up to Moyes.

But why take the piss out of our former captain and someone who played 242 times for the club? I know he wasn't the best player and most of us including me thought "ohhh no" when I saw line up in centre midfield but he gave us good service. Take the piss out of players like Van Der Meyde and Drenthe, who took the piss out of our club laughing at their wages each week, not Phil Neville.

But why take the piss out of our former captain and someone who played 242 times for the club? I know he wasn't the bestst of us including me thought "ohhh no" when I saw line up in centre midfield but he gave us good service. Take the piss out of players like Van Der Meyde and Drenthe, who took the piss out of our club laughing at their wages each week, not Phil Neville.

Neville took the Piss out of Seamus Coleman on Twitter telling him he was a bench warmer and he lived in a caravan... Lets not get too sensitive over fizzer here.

Is there something I'm missing on this forum that says you can't take joy out of seeing Moyes ambitions take a hit after he tried to fleece his old club and take the Piss? I'm sorry but whatever sentiment you have for him he has fuck all for us. He even said so.

Football's a tough business, get tough with those who get tough with us and stay loyal to those who consider us a family.

Neville has always been man united, he stood with their fans watching them play whilst playing for us. As a pro I admire him, bit sickly sweet and arse kissy but a proper professional, can I take the Piss out of his highlights or step overs now please?

Apparently some guy in Kenya couldnt stand 2 lost games in a row so he took a dive out of a seventh floor window and killed himself. Tragic really but even more so considering that it happened in Kenya, so far away from England.

The polis chief commented it by saying "we have lost a life due to English football, a game played so far away from Kenya. People need to understand that football is just a sport"

Edited by Peter H

Apparently some guy in Kenya couldnt stand 2 lost games in a row so he took a dive out of a seventh floor window and killed himself. Tragic really but even more so considering that it happened in Kenya, so far away from England.

The polis chief commented it by saying "we have lost a life due to English football, a game played so far away from Kenya. People need to understand that football is just a sport"

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

I'm with hafnia on this debate - I never understood why such a backward, uninspiring guy like Moyes was loved by Everton fans. Respect for him stabilising you but that's because he's a mid-table manager - once he got you there he'd never have improved it. This 'Moyes worked miracles at little Everton' garbage is some of the most condescending, lying bollocks I've ever heard and typical overrating of a Brit in British football - as I've explained before, the link is between wage bill and league position, not league position and transfer fee. He typically had you finishing where you should have relative to wage bill, plus or minus a few positions. You're one of the biggest clubs in the country and he and his small-minded backroom team made you feel like finishing top half was a major achievement. He did a decent job but it's been spun for years because the Manc media knew he'd eventually be Fergie's successor. The clueless Manc sheep predictably fell for this tripe and that's why they can't understand what has gone wrong.

As I said before, Fergie left Moyes with some serious problems, but Moyes needs to take his share of responsibility too. He's really pretty clueless tactically and has zero idea what he's doing at Man U. Martinez will have a poor patch as well, but the difference is that he's an expansive manager and more suited to a team at the top of the table. I saw a Manc say that Martinez's footballing philosophy (attacking, exciting, technical) is something which improves with better players at his disposal whilst Moyes's (defensive, negative, dour, cross-spamming shite from the 1600s) doesn't suit the very top players in the slightest. I considered that a very astute observation.

I realise I am slating your ex-manager here, but the man is delusional and overrates himself. He was very handsomely rewarded financially for managing Everton, he didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart.Given his recent hypocritical, classless comments about you he deserves absolutely nothing.

Phil Neville is just a sycophantic yes man who was never that good of a player in the first place. Not surprised at all that he's so spineless - he's yet another goon who brown noses the disgusting corporate monstrosity that is Man United. Comments like 'getting into the top ten is an achievement for Everton' were an absolute disgrace. Guys like he and Moyes destroyed Everton's mentality and I really hope Martinez makes you believe in yourselves again. Liverpool have never accepted the mediocrity they've been faced with for most of the PL era, and neither should you.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

The guy obviously had mental health issues and was projecting them onto football. No healthy-minded individual kills themselves over a game. RIP

Edited by Nikica

"Manfanless" is a bit of a tasteless tagline isn't it :mellow:.

Agree with Nikica though; more to it than a rational response from a fan, the guy obviously had deeper issues.....if he'd been an Evertonian he'd have been dead years ago.

Are united fans doing it because they "support" moyes, or is it that the footballing world are watching them? For the time being they will be seen to be supportive - remembering what SAF told them... behind all the clapping there will be mutters of "get Klop in, this fellas a clown"

Lets see how long they stay patient...

Are united fans doing it because they "support" moyes, or is it that the footballing world are watching them? For the time being they will be seen to be supportive - remembering what SAF told them... behind all the clapping there will be mutters of "get Klop in, this fellas a clown"

Lets see how long they stay patient...

:doh: You cant help yourself can you?!

Ive got a few friends who are United fans and they have genuine faith he will come good, quoting Moyes' usual slow start and pointing out the massive upheaval with SAF leaving. They accept that Moyes screwed up his transfer window (although, remember thats not really Moyes' fault, it was Ed Woodward who was overseeing, and failing to close, the proposed transfers - who is also in his 1st season at that position) but put the majority of the blame on the players; if youre in a Utd shirt you always give your all regardless whether youre happy with new instructions or not.

To be honest, I agree with them and it goes to show how lucky we are with Martinez; not quite as big a change but handled in a much better way. Moyes may have a shaky start but hes proven he can settle a stumbling team and get them playing exceptionally well, usually after November for Everton.

Ive got a few friends who are United fans and they have genuine faith he will come good, quoting Moyes' usual slow start and pointing out the massive upheaval with SAF leaving. They accept that Moyes screwed up his transfer window (although, remember thats not really Moyes' fault, it was Ed Woodward who was overseeing, and failing to close, the proposed transfers - who is also in his 1st season at that position) but put the majority of the blame on the players; if youre in a Utd shirt you always give your all regardless whether youre happy with new instructions or not.

To be honest, I agree with them and it goes to show how lucky we are with Martinez; not quite as big a change but handled in a much better way. Moyes may have a shaky start but hes proven he can settle a stumbling team and get them playing exceptionally well, usually after November for Everton.

Yeah I speak to a few season ticket holders myself, a couple want to give him time convinced that he will come good, and a fair few have basically said his tactics and subs are abysmal and he has no future.

I've never bought into that slow start nonsense... whats it all about??? It not like it an 800m race and he is saving energy for the last lap - each game is a 3 point opportunity, once its gone, its gone. You don't make up ground if the other team keep winning, he has only beaten 1 of the 8 teams above him.

Again, its not like he has come in and taken over Sunderland or Crystal Palace - he has taken over the champions. The change was Fergie and Scholes retired.... the upheaval was Moyes decided to get rid of a winning backroom staff. That was the day to day coaching of the players gone... just like that. SAF didn't coach them, he left that to Muelensteen - Moyes got rid of him as he wanted to be hands on.

Moyes changed too much, too quick.

Woodward has some of the buck but some of the targets Moyes pin-pointed were strange and then he also passed on Ozil! I think they both have their fair share of blame on that score!

When I watched the first half of the game yesterday, the players were all over the shop. They didnt really look like they knew what they were doing. That happened a lot with us as well in truth, especially as players were played in unnatural positions.

Like Haf I dont buy the after Christmas stuff either. Things should already be starting to click into place but Im not sure they have. Our best performance in the season used to come around this time and into January before tailing off again slightly. We were still getting results but the performances themselves werent of the same calibre. Ferguson's teams were generally firing on full cylinders through this Christmas period and going on strongly until the end of the season. We didnt finish last season very strongly either and our best performances came in the first half a dozen games!