IGNORED

David Moyes thread

Kevin McKidd Moyes for me (though they'd have to grey up his hair and put bags under his eyes).....

Kevin-McKidd-in-One-Night-in-Emergency.j

Robbie Coltrane for Moyes - can pretend the hair colour is a desperate attempt at looking young and vibrant and the extra weight is because hes taken on the Rooney diet.

Which means the club was valued at about 2 billion.

What I found interesting is the statement that their strategic plans assumes they will finish third in the league this season. Not sure that the fans will be too happy about that. But at least it lowers the expectations for David Moyes. If his team can finish third, he will have met the financiers' expectations, and they are the ones pulling the strings.

Which means the club was valued at about 2 billion.

What I found interesting is the statement that their strategic plans assumes they will finish third in the league this season. Not sure that the fans will be too happy about that. But at least it lowers the expectations for David Moyes. If his team can finish third, he will have met the financiers' expectations, and they are the ones pulling the strings.

3rd would have been a great achievement, all things considered...

Some would argue it's the one of the best things that has happened to British soccer for a long time - and all attributed to Moyes (often) style of management.

Should never have been given the job to begin with. He's completely out of his depth up there such are the demands for success and a position with say Norwich or Wolverhampton would have given Moyes the room to maneuver without unnecessary attention or expectation.

i hope they miss champs league, get knocked out of the league cup and champs league as well. nothing would make me happier than seeing that stock plummet and Man U enter administration. They may be bringing in a lot, but after a couple bad years and millions lost, the sponsors will leave and their debts will continue to soar and stock will be worthless.

a man can dream right?

Edited by markjazzbassist

Reading this article, I have to say that David Moyes comes across as something of a tyrant. Did he treat players like this at Everton? I don't care what the job: I would never put up with a manager speaking or acting in such a way. Indeed, I quit a good job once because an executive screamed four-letter words at a very capable colleague. It's no fun working in such an atmosphere, so why do it?

"As his frustration mounts, Zaha feels Moyes is singling him out unfairly for criticism in training and has told friends he has been on the receiving end of four-letter outbursts from the manager. In one incident, he was left badly upset when Moyes gave him a tongue-lashing after a pass was held up by surface water, only for team-mate Shinji Kagawa to make the same mistake and escape scotfree."

Or is this just one-side journalistic nonsense designed to make headlines and sell papers?

it's probably exaggerated for sure, but remember how he treated barkley. he's put him on for 25 minutes and when barkley didn't move mountains (again in a mere 25 minutes) he'd give press conferences and say he's not ready for the big time, he has a lot to learn, he's a young kid, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if Zaha leaves or is a "bust" and then goes somewhere else and does really well.

Singled-out for criticism or not, seems like a shame either way as Zaha is pretty talented and for Moyes to not take the time to figure out how to nurture that talent seems a bit wasteful. Who knows what makes a player "work"...but for Moyes (this season at least) it looks like his bar is "score two goals in starting debut" (e.g., Januzaj) or sit on the bench.

David Moyes in neglecting a young talent shocker eh... Always had my suspicions that he is somewhat of a bully with certain talented ones. Barkley for one.

:rolleyes:

Moyes was always better at getting results from December onwards. who knows where they will end up!

Edited by Matt

honestly they can try and sign whoever they want, but it will not come together this year for them. look at man city. they went out and bought individuals with talent regardless of chemistry and formation. it took them 2 years to get the title, that's what moyes is about to do. they'll have sacked him by then.

also i think rooney and rvp are injured, but they are choosing to overdramatize it because they simply don't want to play for this bad team. i wouldn't be surprised if both leave in the offseason, rooney to chelsea or abroad and RVP to arsenal.

I dont really see how Mata would fit into the team unless Rooney/RVP were injured. I think G Neville mentioned it on MNF and it just doesnt really work with how they play unless they drop one of the front two. Afterall they have a similar type of player in Kagawa that doesnt really see daylight.