IGNORED

David Moyes thread

When was the last time this club finished in a higher league placing that United anyway. I'm thinking league championship year 1987, as don't recall another instance after that. 1988 we finished fourth, they were runners up. 1989 I can't recall where either side finished, and United maybe a good mid table position, so possibly it may have been 1989. 1990 we finished sixth, but can't recall where they finished, other than winning the FA Cup that year.

Needless to say from 1991 onwards MUFC were always ahead of us in final standings so only that fuzzy bit at the end of the 1980s I can't quite recall right now.

When was the last time this club finished in a higher league placing that United anyway. I'm thinking league championship year 1987, as don't recall another instance after that. 1988 we finished fourth, they were runners up. 1989 I can't recall where either side finished, and United maybe a good mid table position, so possibly it may have been 1989. 1990 we finished sixth, but can't recall where they finished, other than winning the FA Cup that year.

Needless to say from 1991 onwards MUFC were always ahead of us in final standings so only that fuzzy bit at the end of the 1980s I can't quite recall right now.

Why dont you google it? :dont know:

Daily Star reporting today that RVP isn't happy with Moyes' training methods.

Seeing as it's that paper you can probably take it to be bollocks.

Moyes in "disillusioned striker" shocker.

Don't worry Robin, you will feel like you are back at Feyenoord soon enough, chasing down balls on the left wing.

The question is - "can you defend from the front" - forget the flat midfield behind you, they are set up to stop the other team attacking down the wing, they wont be able to thread a pass through but they sure will be lumping it up to felli who will be about 6 ft away from you with 3 defenders occupying your space. You may get the odd lose ball which you will do well to dispatch but as for your bycicle kicks and left foot volleys?? forget that mate, you just put a shift in like your countryman Kuyt...

DK does have a fantastic recollection of previous seasons... its almost google/wikipedia like.

Or is it just being part of the game for the best part of 40 years and knowing a damn lot of statistics and past records. I'd go as far to say, I'd probably know more historical facts of the game than anyone else on these pages. Like it, don't like it - that's the fact of the matter. You can push off with the reference aspect of it. That's for the past games records and birthdays index I update frequently. Today will be no different. I'm talking about games in general with a whole host of teams and players involved, so please don't ridicule my expansive knowledge of soccer again.

Only to add, The Daily Star may indeed be yet another awful piece of shit "news" publication, so constant in todays media, but no surprise that Van Persie or indeed any other player at the club may be having issues with Moyes training. They're going to be so far detached from what they were with Ferguson and go as far to say, David Moyes himself, may not see out two full seasons there. Certainly not going to be as lenient as how things were here, and only going to be a short matter of time before he tries the patience of the owners too far and they realize their error and look for a more suitable name to take charge of affairs. Lo and behold still can't win at Anfield after some recent action.

Or is it just being part of the game for the best part of 40 years and knowing a damn lot of statistics and past records. I'd go as far to say, I'd probably know more historical facts of the game than anyone else on these pages. Like it, don't like it - that's the fact of the matter. You can push off with the reference aspect of it. That's for the past games records and birthdays index I update frequently. Today will be no different. I'm talking about games in general with a whole host of teams and players involved, so please don't ridicule my expansive knowledge of soccer again.

Only to add, The Daily Star may indeed be yet another awful piece of shit "news" publication, so constant in todays media, but no surprise that Van Persie or indeed any other player at the club may be having issues with Moyes training. They're going to be so far detached from what they were with Ferguson and go as far to say, David Moyes himself, may not see out two full seasons there. Certainly not going to be as lenient as how things were here, and only going to be a short matter of time before he tries the patience of the owners too far and they realize their error and look for a more suitable name to take charge of affairs. Lo and behold still can't win at Anfield after some recent action.

It's not ridicule its an observation. You often post in match day thread "never seen the games but....blah blah facts facts facts".

Example, I'm not into formula 1, cant stand it, but if I wanted to I could go on a forum and spew out fact after fact after fact, the reality is that I will never have a "true opinion", yeah I may be able to recall a fair few things and be great at quizzes - but whats the point?

Its a bit like researching a shed load of recipes and not bothering to cook....

I look forward to the day when I can see you live posts when taking a game in... its when the forum really comes alive.

wherever DK gets his facts from, whether memory or google, is irrelevant. He at least either shares his knowledge with us or puts the time in to find things out, not sure what the fuss is about. Its the reason I opened the thread for him, I find it quite interesting and enjoyable that someone wants to go to that amount of trouble to research/remember and share the findings/memories with the rest of us.

It would be nice to hear you watched a game though DK ;)

wherever DK gets his facts from, whether memory or google, is irrelevant. He at least either shares his knowledge with us or puts the time in to find things out, not sure what the fuss is about. Its the reason I opened the thread for him, I find it quite interesting and enjoyable that someone wants to go to that amount of trouble to research/remember and share the findings/memories with the rest of us.

It would be nice to hear you watched a game though DK ;)

My thoughts exactly. Want a bit of "i'm watching this and these are my thoughts" commentary. Clearly the lad has a thirst for trivia etc, but aligned with the thirst to actually watch a game, he could be our own John Motson.

Thats the only thing i miss from DK. I dont have anything against him. I believe that he is a true supporter of the club, I do believe he has an extensive knowledge about statistics etc, I do think he googles quite a bit but who cares? Its fun to bust his balls a bit about it because he takes offence in a way over the top fashion.

I just want to share a game with him. Hear his opinion on happenings as they happen. Share ups when Everton play well, share complaints when Everton make mistakes. I just want to know what DK feels when we score, when we win, when we lose. Because our true feelings come to the surface in the match threads. When we dont have time to think about our posts in detail, when we dont have time to google.

I hardly remember games from the last few seasons because im enjoying this season. As it happens.

Edited by Peter H

Wow - what a post I've just read. A very insightful mancinian here.... (Pasted below here)

Lets be honest. If one of us had written a self deprecating WUM of Moyes's first few months in charge, we' be hard pressed to top this without slipping into surrealism.

Obviously we should all "get behind him" and should be years off calling for his dismissal or anything of the sort, but it's incredibly disheartening how low rent his approach has been so far. The petty haggling and negotiation goofs may not be his fault, but the Cookish pursuing of Fabregas was, and the seeming indication that the only serious targets he had his heart set on where a couple of players from Everton, one of whom we didn't need, is exactly the kind of thing we'd been joking about all summer.

The idea of an upper mid table man with an upper mid table mindset promoted beyond his comfort zone has been the elephant in the room for months now. So far I've seen nothing to contradict it, sadly. The overwhelming impression of graft > creativity given by his recent team/sub selections in big games we didn't even score in doesn't help matters either.

I dearly hope to be proved wrong. These are just my concerns at this - admittedly very early - point.

i imagine you walking around with a constant hard on at the moment haf :lol:

To be honest I kinda don't get one through football, graphics cards, engines and sound systems. I leave that to the Jeremy clarksons of this world.

Anyway, what's wrong with bringing. "Bone on" back into the game - old school. Ya meth!

I'm really looking forward to the Champions League. I've been there before, with Everton, and we didn't quite make the group stages, but this is something different.

165012893_2675725022001_video-still-for-

David Moyes says every game at Man United has offered a new challenge ahead of his side's Champions League clash with Bayer Leverkusen.

"I'm now managing a club which is used to getting to the final stages and we'll try to do that again.

Ahh that old chestnut again Davie, maybe you could mention that one again (after the Chelsea ga,e, after the liverpool game) maybe even use it for your visit to Southampton were you set us up for a lovely away 0-0 draw last season.....

I think the point your are missing is that United are used to having a manager who knows how to get to the final stages....