IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

9 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s a shame they probably all took the pay off to keep their mouths shut. 

Non disclosure agreements all over the place.  

the thought of Kenwright baxendale and sharp sitting in a boardroom is concerning and the likes of thelwell needs to report to them?!  

“so Kevin, we are near the start of the season and we have sold our best player and brought in a free, we need people in clearly…. What are you doing about it?”

……..

“well the thing is this…. On the 15th August 2016 you agreed to spend over £25m on yannick bolassie and put him on mega wages, you then continued this trend of blowing a fortune on average players for a period of 5 years.  So much so that the club nearly got sanctioned.   I’ve tried to get maxwell cornet in, he wants to come but we can’t afford to spend the £17.5m without doing it on the drip and Burnley have told us to fuck off” 

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That was the call I listened to and had a mixture of appreciation for the fact finding and anger that we still have fans chattering “let’s just get behind the team eh”.

I have been against the Kenwright stewardship for quite some time now because 1. He’s stupid.  2. He lies. 3. His ego comes before the club.

but he’s an Evertonian and can bullshit some fans into thinking he’s got our best interests at heart.  Maybe he does, but that doesn’t mean he should be chairman! He’s got away with it for so long now. 

talksport are all over this, the protest tomorrow will be bigger than what they are used to dealing with. The likes of Dominic king have turned on Kenwright. 

I hope the protests are big enough to cause some attention. And not where the journalists give the fans shit for it. 

I’ll not be there as I’m booked in at a soft play centre with my daughter and niece. No doubt the soft play centre is better run that the club, and likely has more experienced and professional people running the place. 

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

I hope the protests are big enough to cause some attention. And not where the journalists give the fans shit for it. 

I’ll not be there as I’m booked in at a soft play centre with my daughter and niece. No doubt the soft play centre is better run that the club, and likely has more experienced and professional people running the place. 

I’m not going as I’m in a golf comp but my brother is due to go.

The frustrating thing for me is that the unease and activity against the board is not as widespread as it would be if we got relegated.  Fans need to realise that we are likely to go down unless this board is ejected, it wasn’t kopite rafa that was the issue - it was the people that signed off on recruitment which actually included Rafa himself. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

That was the call I listened to and had a mixture of appreciation for the fact finding and anger that we still have fans chattering “let’s just get behind the team eh”.

There were counter twitter spaces going on at the same time that were trashing the campaign.  They are trying to paint the 27 campaign as elitist, poor at timing, and claiming that Morshiri did 'Engage' and we should 'wait' until the end of the transfer window like he asked... These ITKs twitter accounts and folks with channels are so desperate for more followers they would rather focus their passion and effort on dividing the fan base than addressing the failings of the board. They are solely focused on being the polar opposite when they should be trying to come up with their own solutions/ideas.

Does my head in. 

ALL fans showed up at the end of last season.  We need to stop the in-fighting.  We are all know who is really responsible for our current situation.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Bit disingenuous to say we have the "2nd highest paid board in the league" when that number comes from when Ismailov, Ryazantsev and Brands were all salaried members; be more accurate to say we had the second highest paid board. 

43 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bit disingenuous to say we have the "2nd highest paid board in the league" when that number comes from when Ismailov, Ryazantsev and Brands were all salaried members; be more accurate to say we had the second highest paid board. 

We can remove how much they are paid and it still makes for shocking reading.  No doubt you picked up on Baron/barren! 

58 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

There were counter twitter spaces going on at the same time that were trashing the campaign.  They are trying to paint the 27 campaign as elitist, poor at timing, and claiming that Morshiri did 'Engage' and we should 'wait' until the end of the transfer window like he asked... These ITKs twitter accounts and folks with channels are so desperate for more followers they would rather focus their passion and effort on dividing the fan base than addressing the failings of the board. They are solely focused on being the polar opposite when they should be trying to come up with their own solutions/ideas.

Does my head in. 

ALL fans showed up at the end of last season.  We need to stop the in-fighting.  We are all know who is really responsible for our current situation.

Some people seem to think protesting is a kopite thing and that we get kudos for being dignified…. 

there is no dignity in getting lied to, being presented with substandard levels of performance and behaving like you are in love with the club so much you will clap the troubles away. 

Bill by all accounts is very thin skinned when it comes to criticism, he’s had the local hacks and his media chums defend him for a long time now. I think that is coming to an end, it’s beyond embarrassing what we have become.

we used to laugh at Liverpool for blowing millions and not winning the league…. We’ve blown millions and almost got relegated 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We can remove how much they are paid and it still makes for shocking reading.

It does make for shocking reading but when your attention grabbing first point is plainly a misrepresentation of the current situation it loses impact for me. They know full well it's not true, stick to the facts.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It does make for shocking reading but when your attention grabbing first point is plainly a misrepresentation of the current situation it loses impact for me. They know full well it's not true, stick to the facts.

It’s spin yeah absolutely … the same thing that supporters of the board seem to take in and replicate. 

kenwright had his own team of spin doctors for years. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

It’s spin…

Spin is, "a special point of view, emphasis, or interpretation presented for the purpose of influencing opinion".

It's not spin, it's a lie; every bit as much of a lie as "£350m a week to the NHS" on the side of a bus was.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Spin is, "a special point of view, emphasis, or interpretation presented for the purpose of influencing opinion".

It's not spin, it's a lie; every bit as much of a lie as "£350m a week to the NHS" on the side of a bus was.

maybe you are right, let’s upgrade its classification to lies…. Example from the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Billy Bullshit

• I’ve not got the big money, but I promise to find investment” (January 2000) — Nothing in 15 years.
  • “The NTL deal is secured” (September 2000) – The deal collapsed.
  • ”I wouldn’t sell Rooney for £50M” (June 2004) – Rooney was sold 2 months later for a deal worth £27M.
  • “The Fortress money will be in the bank in the morning” (EGM, September 2004) – The investment deal from Fortress Sports Fund collapsed without explanation.
  • “Kirkby will be a world class arena, effectively free and with the best transport links in the UK” (AGM, November 2006) – The proposed move did not materialise due to funding issues.

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

maybe you are right, let’s upgrade its classification to lies…. Example from the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Billy Bullshit

• I’ve not got the big money, but I promise to find investment” (January 2000) — Nothing in 15 years.
  • “The NTL deal is secured” (September 2000) – The deal collapsed.
  • ”I wouldn’t sell Rooney for £50M” (June 2004) – Rooney was sold 2 months later for a deal worth £27M.
  • “The Fortress money will be in the bank in the morning” (EGM, September 2004) – The investment deal from Fortress Sports Fund collapsed without explanation.
  • “Kirkby will be a world class arena, effectively free and with the best transport links in the UK” (AGM, November 2006) – The proposed move did not materialise due to funding issues.

I know where you stand, there's really no need to parrot the same stuff again and again, I got it years ago.

I'm not talking about the board, I'm commenting on the 27 years campaign specifically so any comparison to the board is an irrelevance.

But out of interest, are you saying because the board has "lied" it's OK for groups campaigning againt them to lie as well? Surely that makes them no better than the people they're protesting against.

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I know where you stand, there's really no need to parrot the same stuff again and again, I got it years ago.

I'm not talking about the board, I'm commenting on the 27 years campaign specifically so any comparison to the board is an irrelevance.

But out of interest, are you saying because the board has "lied" it's OK for groups campaigning againt them to lie as well? Surely that makes them no better than the people they're protesting against.

On reflection “2nd highest paid board in the league” isn’t a lie though is it?  Unless there are updated figures which won’t be out till next year then they are comparing the latest numbers  vs the other clubs latest numbers.  

I mean … Ed Woodward was on £2.6m and he has left United but those numbers are baked into the stats that place them as highest paid board.  He left in December 21. 

so whether you like it or not, our board at a time of failure and piss poor decision making have been the second highest paid in the league.  Even if we were the 8th highest it would be a pisstake. 

Let’s just hope the protests get that shower ejected from our club. 

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Let’s not spend time bickering amongst ourselves over what we say/how we say things. As sure as night follows day Kenwright is full of shite, he’s more into massaging his ego than doing what is right for the club. We need unity with all factions, we need to cut the head off the poisonous snake. If this wankstain continues to be involved we don’t need to worry about the championship next year cause we’ll be in league 1 the year after.

5 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Let’s not spend time bickering amongst ourselves over what we say/how we say things. As sure as night follows day Kenwright is full of shite, he’s more into massaging his ego than doing what is right for the club. We need unity with all factions, we need to cut the head off the poisonous snake. If this wankstain continues to be involved we don’t need to worry about the championship next year cause we’ll be in league 1 the year after.

Kenwright always has been full of crap. He’s an actor after all, 

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

On reflection “2nd highest paid board in the league” isn’t a lie though is it?

Of course it is if you know, as everyone does, that as it stands today it's not true; just because it was a fact at some time in the past doesn't make it a fact now.

You didn't address the second part of my post.

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Of course it is if you know, as everyone does, that as it stands today it's not true; just because it was a fact at some time in the past doesn't make it a fact now.

You didn't address the second part of my post.

So as at the latest official figures our board is the second highest paid?  That’s fine.  If the official figures had since changed and we had alternative means to do like for like comparisons with other clubs then if would be disingenuous. unless you have details on the moving feast of premier league football club financials that enable us to describe “2nd highest paid board” as a lie? 

am I ok with fans groups lying? No I’m not.  Just like I wasn’t ok with kenwright lying about the fortress fund to fend off gregg and an admission that it was a lie being used as a means to an end.

you would like to think that such an honourable, super fan, chairman and worlds biggest Everton fan wouldn’t lie would you? 

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So as at the latest official figures our board is the second highest paid?

If they'd have added that proviso then no problem; the issue I have is that they, you and I know that since then three salaried board members have departed and consequently they, you and I know that it's no longer the case. And they're presenting it as current fact, when they know that it isn't.

If that's not the definition of a lie I don't know what is.

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If they'd have added that proviso then no problem; the issue I have is that they, you and I know that since then three salaried board members have departed and consequently they, you and I know that it's no longer the case. And they're presenting it as current fact, when they know that it isn't.

If that's not the definition of a lie I don't know what is.

It’s not a lie though. The basis of the statement is to make a comparison to other clubs, the comparison was made using clubs official figures. There is no other basis for comparison. 

why would they make a statement saying “includes Everton staff who have since left”….. when the figures that place United at the top include EdWoodward who has since left?  Then do we make assumptions on whether or not people have had pay rises etc etc? 

you are being churlish to call this a lie, especially when we are debating the performance of a board who’s chairman is an absolute bullshitter of the highest order, who had lied right through his time at the club. 

you can stick your fingers in your ear and block out the noise as best as you can, the reality is the 27 year campaign has got the attention of the media.  The bullshit I referred to maybe years old, the currrent reality is the same bloke who lied then is heading up a shockingly poor board and he should be out immediately with the other goons. 

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I would like to know how some of these do compare to the rest of the league. Point one has already been discussed, but how inexperienced is the current board in years compared to the rest of the league? Is 29 resignations a lot especially with a new owner? Is Ingles qualified to be an FD? How do those losses compare with the rest of the league?

I am not saying that they may not be extremely valid points but to me they are headlines without any genuine context, and in some cases factually incorrect. 

As an example I have just done some quick research on Grant Ingles. I cannot verify the information without a lot more research but I found this:

https://loveevertonforum.com/page/grant-ingles

It says he was an FD at Sydney FC. He was also finance director across Stanley Park. The same information is on the EFC website. 

If they cannot get really basic things like that right, how can you trust the rest of it?

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If they cannot get really basic things like that right, how can you trust the rest of it?

Looking at it, I'd not bothered looking further than the top line before, they also don't know how to spell Sharp.

Don't get the Denise line either, she was promoted from within having worked for the club in various capacities since 2010, strikes me as a very sensible management strategy.

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Looking at it, I'd not bothered looking further than the top line before, they also don't know how to spell Sharp.

Don't get the Denise line either, she was promoted from within having worked for the club in various capacities since 2010, strikes me as a very sensible management strategy.

With DBB I have just had a quick check on Wikipedia (which I accept isn't reliable) but it appears she has worked in a number of roles and one of them was as a board member of Sport England.

This article sheds light on the impressive work that she has done in her roles at Everton and elsewhere:

https://merseysidelieutenancy.weebly.com/barrett-baxendale.html

It sounds to me like she is an asset to the club.

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

With DBB I have just had a quick check on Wikipedia (which I accept isn't reliable) but it appears she has worked in a number of roles and one of them was as a board member of Sport England.

This article sheds light on the impressive work that she has done in her roles at Everton and elsewhere:

https://merseysidelieutenancy.weebly.com/barrett-baxendale.html

It sounds to me like she is an asset to the club.

She joined Everton from a local charity, and led the EITC… promoted to COO then deputy CEO under Robert Elstone (absolute buffoon) then CEO, after which she also took the sport England board job which is another community based role.

in short - she has had no prior experience in running a football club.  Charity is her background, may answer how we give so much money away. 

grant ingles…Was he finance director at Sydney fc? Not seen anything to confirm this but what I will say is “how is he still in a job at our club”….

According to Everton fc article:- As Finance Director, Grant has been responsible for all financial aspects of the Club, including the regular communication of financial performance to the Board, driving the profitability of the Club, overseeing all banking and funding arrangements, managing the Club’s cash-flow position, supporting and maintaining governance structures that ensure the financial assets of the Club are protected, and ensuring that the Club complies with all statutory regulations.”

so bare in mind that was 3 years ago….. my question is “what has he been doing?”…..  just to be clear Kevin Thelwell came in and within a month or so implemented a wage structure.   WHAT THE FUCK! He must have smashed his pc monitor in at the sheet ineptitude of the twats who run our club. 

so lads, rather than picking and pulling over technical elements of what concerned fans are pulling together in order to hold this shit show of a board to account, look at the bigger picture.   We have a shit board, led by a lying phony gobshite of a chairman and their credentials are laid bare in their performance = shit. 

unless of course I’ve missed something and our corporate performance and governance has been on point? I’m sure there may be a technicality you can pull from somewhere to help them out.