IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Just now, Newty82 said:

Every minute that ticks down on that clock tonight, that Moshiri interview becomes pure fallacy. 'We will get a striker in...we will end the window stronger...we will...we will...we understand...we know what we need...we hear the fans...I have it all in my diary...'

That whole interview was terrifying, Newty. I could not believe how many people watched that and thought it was good.

I agree with the sentiment of all the banner, but maybe not the timing when the day is about attracting player to come to the club. 

However, I think it will take the ultimate failure of relegation before we will get the changes we all crave. If we survive, it will be just more of the same as they will have 'got away with it' again.

I think the fear of relegation is probably worst than the reality of it.

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

There were no players there to put off moving to us. Why is this not sinking in?!

I know players will not be seeing it in the flesh. but it's plastered all over social media, sky sports etc. If we are seeing all this, you can bet potential players will be seeing it as well. 

I agree that protests need to be made, but there has to be a time and a place for it.

Advertising what a shambles and a shit show we are as club on the final day of the transfer window when we are desperately trying to persuade players to come he isn't the smartest way to sell the club to them.

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

I know players will not be seeing it in the flesh. but it's plastered all over social media, sky sports etc. If we are seeing all this, you can bet potential players will be seeing it as well. 

I agree that protests need to be made, but there has to be a time and a place for it.

Advertising what a shambles and a shit show we are as club on the final day of the transfer window when we are desperately trying to persuade players to come he isn't the smartest way to sell the club to them.

El bobble said the agents know what a shit show the club is, many agents won’t send their players here. Nothing to do with fans. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

El bobble said the agents know what a shit show the club is, many agents won’t send their players here. Nothing to do with fans. 

What has changed since the summer then when we signed 6 players or the last January when we signed 4 players? 

Bobble may well be correct but what has changed? 

Danjuma allegedly turned down a host of other clubs at our end of the table to come to us before Spurs swooped. 

There is more to it, whether that be that we didnt want to fall into our old trap of buying expensive mistakes or the owner didnt want to use the money available for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was at 7PM tonight when it was blatantly obvious that we weren't signing anyone. Their protest put no fucker off because there was no one to put off. Hence the protest.

Well that fair enough then. I Didn't want any late desperado signings anyhow. 

The day turned in to a debacle, with the panic offer going in all over the place.

I can safely say this has been one of the single most embarrassing day ever as a Everton fan.

This will have sent a huge message to the board and owner. You 've fucked it big time.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

What has changed since the summer then when we signed 6 players or the last January when we signed 4 players? 

Bobble may well be correct but what has changed? 

Danjuma allegedly turned down a host of other clubs at our end of the table to come to us before Spurs swooped. 

There is more to it, whether that be that we didnt want to fall into our old trap of buying expensive mistakes or the owner didnt want to use the money available for whatever reason. 

Bailey. To summarise, el bobble who is very closely linked with the club said it’s a joke how bad we are run.  Agents do not like to put their clients with us. 

I think lampard was a draw for some players.

the bullshitbthat Kia joorabjian came out with last week was exactly that…. He mentioned the transfer fees for player like Bruno but didn’t mention Kia’s £11m agents fee, the fucker got in on the bielsa conversations. 

thelwell did well to get dyche in at the end. 

as for the mystery as to why we got 6 players in last window……. Relegation clauses will be included now, and relegation is a very real possibility. Last summer we didn’t bring in relegation clauses and relegation wasn’t a thought for most. 

19th in the league, 3 wins all season, no wins since October, every other side in relegation trouble strengthened (and they were already better than us) while we actually ended the window weaker than when we started it by selling a player (a player that had pace, which is a commodity we severely lack and has really held us back in the first half of the season) and not bringing anyone in.

Fuck Farhad Moshiri.

Fuck Bill Kenwright.

Fuck Denise Barrett-Headlocker.

Fuck Graeme Sharp.

Fuck Grant Ingles.

Fuck this fucking club.

Every one of those cunts is responsible for bringing this club to it's knees. It hasn't been overnight but it also hasn't been a slow process either. They have systematically dismantled the club we all love and they should be run out of the club by each and every one of us.

I feel sorry for Dyche because this lot have threw him well and truly under the bus. He'll be the one left to take all the flak and pressure now because that lot will run away and hide because they are cowards. They've proven that over and over.

That being said, the writing was on the wall as soon as Dyche was hired as the manager. That was the board accepting relegation and they had no intention of doing anything to try and save the club. They have meekly rolled over and accepted our fate with no fight whatsoever.

So fuck them all. I am not going to give any more of myself to this club when they don't give a shit about it, or us. Only themselves.

This is not my Everton anymore. I'm done.

Only Everton can hit the lowest of lows and then somehow surpass it days / weeks later. I’ve lost all hope in us staying up. I get the Dyche appointment now. He was cheap and they weren't going to give him players to work with. I didn’t agree with appointment but on scale of things it’s low down in my anger and disappointment. The fact is the hierarchy have no vision or plan. I’ll be there as always Saturday supporting this shambolic team but changes to the top need to be made and fast. The problem with this is I can’t see Moshiri selling anytime soon as the losses he’ll encounter will be gigantic (especially when we go down). 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

19th in the league, 3 wins all season, no wins since October, every other side in relegation trouble strengthened (and they were already better than us) while we actually ended the window weaker than when we started it by selling a player (a player that had pace, which is a commodity we severely lack and has really held us back in the first half of the season) and not bringing anyone in.

Fuck Farhad Moshiri.

Fuck Bill Kenwright.

Fuck Denise Barrett-Headlocker.

Fuck Graeme Sharp.

Fuck Grant Ingles.

Fuck this fucking club.

Every one of those cunts is responsible for bringing this club to it's knees. It hasn't been overnight but it also hasn't been a slow process either. They have systematically dismantled the club we all love and they should be run out of the club by each and every one of us.

I feel sorry for Dyche because this lot have threw him well and truly under the bus. He'll be the one left to take all the flak and pressure now because that lot will run away and hide because they are cowards. They've proven that over and over.

That being said, the writing was on the wall as soon as Dyche was hired as the manager. That was the board accepting relegation and they had no intention of doing anything to try and save the club. They have meekly rolled over and accepted our fate with no fight whatsoever.

So fuck them all. I am not going to give any more of myself to this club when they don't give a shit about it, or us. Only themselves.

This is not my Everton anymore. I'm done.

It’s been coming this. It’s been coming, fans having the balls to question the truth of “sources” when we heard about how those in control have protected themselves.  Despite the signs being very strong in the sense that the “accusations” were true, it was met with the usual apathetic people who like having a chairman who supposedly loves the club.

biggest load of bollocks,  give that lot across the park their dues, they would have seen kenwright out at least 10 years ago.  They were happy to see dalglish sacked after winning a cup! 

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Bailey. To summarise, el bobble who is very closely linked with the club said it’s a joke how bad we are run.  Agents do not like to put their clients with us. 

I think lampard was a draw for some players.

the bullshitbthat Kia joorabjian came out with last week was exactly that…. He mentioned the transfer fees for player like Bruno but didn’t mention Kia’s £11m agents fee, the fucker got in on the bielsa conversations. 

thelwell did well to get dyche in at the end. 

as for the mystery as to why we got 6 players in last window……. Relegation clauses will be included now, and relegation is a very real possibility. Last summer we didn’t bring in relegation clauses and relegation wasn’t a thought for most. 

He might say that, but wht has changed from the previous windows when we were also run poorly?

Relegation clauses would have been on these contracts anyway. They will be at other clubs too. 

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He might say that, but wht has changed from the previous windows when we were also run poorly?

Relegation clauses would have been on these contracts anyway. They will be at other clubs too. 

well what do you think has changed? other than us being odds on favourites for relegation and the club being in more of a mess making false accusations etc

Everton ushered in 2023 with more flesh on the bones of their much-touted strategic review, which they boasted included a "120-point action plan for our footballing operations strategy

In reality, the action plan involved pretty much the same points that resulted in the review being commissioned in the first place - namely sack a manager then draft in his replacement with little or no time to bring any new faces into an Everton team facing a relegation scrap. 

The time can be changed from January 2022 to January 2023, the names can be juggled from Rafael Benitez to Frank Lampard to Sean Dyche, but the song remains the same as Everton lurch through more chaos and dysfunction into deep crisis. 
And for all the 120 points contained in the action plan, which Everton chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale claimed would enhance the club's approach in all areas including recruitment, they were the only club in the Premier League unable to recruit a player in the January transfer window. 

If there was an action plan, it does not appear to have included strengthening a squad not fit for purpose. 

It was widely regarded as one the most crucial transfer windows in Everton's recent history, given they lie 19th in the Premier League with just 15 points and three wins this season.
But they did not deliver any fresh faces despite owner Farhad Moshiri's public promise that the need for a striker would be addressed. 

Moshiri also insisted Everton would end the window stronger than when it opened. He can hardly justify those words when the only serious transfer business was the £45m sale of England under-21 international Anthony Gordon to Newcastle United, with none of the money being reinvested in the team. 
And this is even before former manager Lampard was sacked 23 days into the window is added to this complicated Everton equation.  

In a footballing context alone, it represented a catastrophic failure on behalf of owner Moshiri, chairman Bill Kenwright, Barrett-Baxendale and director of football Kevin Thelwell, that Everton were reduced to scattergun inquiries and failed offers in various guises in the closing hours of the window while those struggling alongside them such as Bournemouth and Southampton were paying big money to strengthen. 
Once it became clear Everton were struggling to sign even one player on Tuesday evening, a group of fans headed down to their Finch Farm training headquarters with banners demanding the board's removal - and more protests are planned for new manager Dyche's first game at home to Arsenal. 

None of this is aimed at Dyche. Indeed there is a measure of sympathy for the task he has taken on and hope that he can work what, on current evidence, appears to be the miraculous feat of keeping Everton up. 
Quite how Everton manoeuvred themselves into a position where they did not add a single new recruit to their squad is hard to fathom. But that is entirely in keeping with the poor decision-making and structure which has seen them spend more than £500m since Moshiri arrived in February 2016 to make matters considerably worse. 

Kenwright once told Everton's fans that the club's board was "revered" and a model for others when it came to problem solving. The jibe now is that Everton represent the ideal model of how not to solve problems, but instead how to create them. 
Even Everton's managerial search failed to inspire confidence they had a clear vision.  

To be reduced to two main candidates as different in every respect as the maverick former Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa, favoured by Moshiri and who flew in from Brazil to tell his potential new bosses he was happy to take charge of the club's younger sides before assuming control in the summer, and Dyche, did not smack of structure or aligned thinking about what was required. 
And once again it is Moshiri, Kenwright and Barrett-Baxendale in the firing line. They, along with other board members - former striker Graeme Sharp and finance chief Grant Ingles - stayed away from Everton's last home game against Southampton on security advice. There was a peaceful protest at the end of the game, which Everton lost 2-1 to the bottom club to hasten Lampard's demise. 

It remains to be seen whether they will attend against Arsenal on Saturday, but it would be a brutal reflection of Everton's parlous plight if it came to pass that the new manager looked behind him in his first game in charge only to see empty seats where the club's hierarchy should be
Thelwell has been in attendance but even he is now under fierce scrutiny after the failure to do any deals, and also the lengthy list of names that Everton were reportedly interested in but could not secure. 

The relationship between Everton supporters and the board has been badly broken in recent weeks, and the mood has deteriorated to such an extent following the closure of the transfer window that it is hard to see how it can be repaired. 
Amid this stands Dyche, all Everton's hopes resting on experience gained in a decade at Burnley, his engaging, inspiring personality and strength of character counted on to inspire a failing side. He, at least, has been warmly welcomed. 

Dyche has Everton's immediate future riding on him but he will have to go with what he has inherited after the club's board and director of football ended up doing football's equivalent of "Dry January." 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I heard that the Gordon sale will mean that we make a profit when the next set of accounts are filed with the PL.

If so, I don't think we had any intention of spending money yesterday. And if that is the case then they are playing a very dangerous game with the future of the club.

We need a striker, got to hope dyche can do something with simms. Dcl will be injured soon enough and maupay is like Tony Cottee without goals.